Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:)hopefully not ot for this thread
https://www.telegram.com/article/20...QbKk-0KCqASyAOJVOlzkGP_jalGWvzFC_btVcJHDTsGv4

HC alum’s humanity follows him to the lab
By Jean Chemnick SPECIAL TO THE TELEGRAM & GAZETTE
Posted Dec 2, 2005 at 2:25 AM
Anthony S. Fauci credits his Jesuit education with teaching him social responsibility. His education at the College of the Holy Cross, where he was in the classics-based Greek pre-med program, and earlier at a Jesuit high school in his native New York, emphasized philosophy, languages and ethics over the sciences.

ATLANTA

Metro Atlanta customers who enter any of City Farmers Market’s six stores will now have their temperatures screened before being allowed to shop. The shift comes as many area businesses respond to concerns about the coronavirus.

The small grocery chain posted on its website that “to protect our customers, employees and community, we will begin screening for temperature using noninvasive thermal cameras at our entrances.”

Atlanta grocer now takes temperatures of shoppers entering stores

Thank you very much @cody22 for your kindness. It was such a relief she got through it ok and to know she also does not have cancer. It felt terrible not being able to give her a hug because of the virus but I’m just really glad she will be ok.
That, indeed, is great news and of tremendous relief to you and your family. It was nice of you to share this bit of great news with us.

Keep up the spirits and the social isolation. Love following your posts!

What is the definition of elderly - over 80, over 70, over 60??? I have seen varying definitions of elderly.

Coronavirus: Stay at home to stay safe, 1.5 million advised Stay at home to stay safe, 1.5 million advised

this explains in a little more detail. I believe it’s anyone entitled to a flu shot on the NHS, initially when the stay at home was advised it was directed at those 70 and over.

This article explains where the masks are. And I personally never believed statements made by authorities that masks don't help, I knew we were lied to, and it was based on the fact that there was not enough masks for general population. N95 masks work best, and they are not supposed to be reusable. A lot of masks were being made in China, and they got struck by corona virus first. And general population there is wearing masks daily, so I am sure whatever China is making went first to their medical professionals and their (enormous) general population.

"Also, the prolonged outbreak in China dwindled supply. Even before the coronavirus emerged, China produced about half of the world’s masks. During the outbreak, it expanded its mask production by nearly 12-fold."
Where Are All the Masks?

CANADA....READ AND SHARE WIDELY

#Canadians please help us get this out ASAP. Everyone, please write to your MP and MPP to put pressure on.
A major barrier to increasing Canadian #COVID-19 testing capacity is a shortage of ppl needed to help process, run, interpret & communicate tests at this unprecedented time.

Moriarty Lab on Twitter

.This Week@ThisWeekABC@MarthaRaddatz:

“Is there not a way to be prepared for something like this?” Former Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan says “there’s a lot of preparation” and “equipment in the stockpile,” but scale of the COVID-19 threat is “very different.”

"There had to be warnings, there were warnings, they were ignored, we should have been more prepared." (video)

This Week on Twitter

In California, Gov Newsom announced that the State is buying some abandoned hotel properties, whose owners really want to unload them. We're going to turn them into hospitals for use in emergencies. He says we don't have enough "surge" hospital beds for emergencies like these but that our preparations should not be temporary or geared only toward this crisis. The buildings will get all the basic equipment and supplies and stand ready to be used within a couple of weeks for this crisis (new cases have slowed here, due to social distancing) and then be part of our state inventory of hospital beds permanently.

That's very forward thinking and I think the governor may have thought of it on his own. He is so knowledgeble about the factors of transmission and notes that some counties have higher transmission rates due to lack of public education/awareness so they're looking into how to get the information out in non-English speaking communities as well as less educated English-speaking communities.

Where I live, police are willing to give those misdemeanor citations for people who won't obey the social distancing rules and I do think that's making a difference. I love how GameStop was banned from its silly insistence that it's an essential business.

The NHS is stating you have to stay home for three months if you have a serious health problem like COPD, Cancer or a weak immune system etc. I’m concerned I’m going to be housebound possibly for 18 months till there is a vaccine. I can’t see things improving till there is one.
My fear as well,my DH and I drive team from Midwest to West Coast. Am terrified that when things get out of control we won't be able to get home .
I have been frightened out here before, we have been doing this for a while, but never have sensed the tension in people at this level before.
From what I can gather, if you are Mid 50s and over you can pretty much count on being turned away from treatment. Not yet panicked but very tense. Dunno anyone else picking up these vibes ?? My daily Thank you to you all !! Be safe and well ❤️ jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill