Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TURKEY

#Turkey Ministry of Health -20,335 tests have been carried out TODAY, 1,236 diagnoses have been made, 30 deaths. When the disease did not exist in our country, we said “none”. Now we are explaining the situation day by day. We invite you to measure with our transparency.

COVID19 on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200322_180258.jpg
    IMG_20200322_180258.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200322_180305.jpg
    IMG_20200322_180305.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
10 Positive Updates on the COVID-19 Outbreaks From Around the World

Some points:
(I wondered how it would affect air pollution.) It's way down in areas where people are quarantined.

Antibodies of infected and recovered people may be used help at-risk people.

Distilleries around the country making hand sanitizer.

South Korea recovering.

>(Reuters) - Facebook Inc (FB.O) Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg said on Sunday that the social media company has donated its emergency reserve of 720,000 masks to provide health workers with more protective gear.

"To help, Facebook donated our emergency reserve of 720,000 masks that we had bought in case the wildfires continued," Zuckerberg said in a post, adding that the company is also working on "sourcing a lot more to donate."

Facebook donates emergency reserve of 720,000 masks due to coronavirus outbreak

Some points:
(I wondered how it would affect air pollution.) It's way down in areas where people are quarantined.

South Korea recovering.
Wanted to add...as I thought about this. I wonder if we have the potential to slow climate change and other environmental troubles as a result of this. Tragic way to go about it, but it would be a positive for all the world. JMO

NEW: Trump says the hospital ship USNS Mercy is going to Los Angeles, not Seattle as requested by officials here. But he said Washington State will get FEMA-led medical centers totaling 1,000 beds in the coming days.
Watch briefing and news updates here:
Coronavirus Live Updates: Trillion-Dollar Stimulus in Doubt as Democrats Press for Changes; Senator Rand Paul Is Infected

Mike Baker on Twitter

Trump activates National Guard in California, New York and Washington state to fight coronavirus outbreak Trump activates National Guard in California, New York and Washington state to fight coronavirus outbreak
CNBC on Twitter

Coronavirus: 18-year-old 'youngest' to die in UK as fatalities rise by 48 to 281

Coronavirus: 18-year-old 'youngest' to die in UK as fatalities rise by 48 to 281
An 18-year-old is understood to have become the youngest person to die in the UK after testing positive for coronavirus.

The number of people who have died after testing positive for the highly contagious respiratory disease rose by 48 in a day to 281 on Sunday.

COVID-19 infections in the UK have increased by 635 to 5,683, the Department of Health said.

Coronavirus: Londoners warned 'people will die' if they ignore social distancing advice

Coronavirus: Londoners warned 'people will die' if they ignore social distancing advice
"Stay at home to save the lives of your loved ones," mayor Sadiq Khan tells those in the capital as parks are forced to close.

Londoners have been starkly warned "people will die" if they continue to ignore advice to stay at home in an attempt to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Those in the capital have been warned parks will be shut if people do not follow the government's guidelines on social distancing.

This weekend, spring sunshine and the forced closure of pubs, cafes and restaurants has seen London's parks crowded with people.

Police on Sunday prevented traffic from entering Richmond, Bushy and Greenwich parks, with only workers holding a permit allowed to use car parks.

CENTRAL GEORGIA

MACON, Ga. — Here is a list of some communities in Central Georgia that are setting a curfew as a precaution against the spread of COVID-19.

• Baldwin County has a curfew set between 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. until further notice.
  • Laurens County has a curfew set between 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. until further notice.
  • The City of Unadilla says residents are to be in their homes by 10 p.m. and remain there until 7 a.m. until March 31.
List | Central Georgia cities, counties setting curfew during COVID-19 pandemic

Updated March 22, 2020, 5:31 PM EDT

Top Democrats said Sunday they're not yet ready to sign off on the major coronavirus stimulus package — and will be preparing their own legislation — as Congress attempts to ready the bill for passage as soon as Monday.

Just before an 11 a.m. meeting between the top Republican and Democratic congressional leaders, as well as Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told reporters that "from my standpoint, we are apart."

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., told reporters ahead of the meeting that "we need a bill that puts workers first, not corporations," and declined to say whether he supports the current bill.

Leaving Sunday's meeting, Pelosi said that she will introduce her own legislative package but that "we are still talking" with Republican leaders. She said that at this point, however, there is no bipartisan deal.

Top Democrats say they're not yet ready to sign off on coronavirus stimulus package

Yes, we have factories, labor is the people.

3M makes N95s in several countries but only 400 million per year in the US.

Putting healthcare workers first during the coronavirus outbreak | 3M News | United States

Why do we use non US labor?
  • Lower wages
  • No paid health insurance
  • No sick or vacation benefits
  • No unions
  • Less tax from foreign governments
  • Less government restricts on employees, work hours and age of workers
Just say...
A $2.00 per hour employee with no benefits can make four mask per hour. 8.00 labor cost
US $18.00 per hour, includes insurance, vacation and sick leave.

Based on 4 mask, the cost per mask could increase by $4.50 per mask. That's a significant cost increase. I'm not sure that the US economy/citizens are willing pay to secure our future.

Americans don't pay attention to how much the military or FEMA pay for anything. We blithely accept that the military might buy masks for $100 (there's incredible markup on military purchases as most of us have seen).

If we actually mandated FEMA to work with the States in warehousing supplies so that the supplies were actually near their point of need, and FEMA made some work orders for American labor to supply them, I think people would accept that happily. But most people would never know. No one pays much attention.

Someone should write a bill having to do with emergency medical supplies (including generic medication) and mandate that the Feds supply it (and wow, what a concept - attempt to drive the prices down for everyone).

When we import from China, in particular, we pay other labor costs to get it to market. Right now, oil is cheap, but in the past, it hasn't been. Plus, all the dock workers, ship workers etc even if only getting $2 are still adding up.

Factories of this type in the middle part of our nation would be efficient in many ways and provide much needed jobs - and yes, they should include health insurance.

Some points:

South Korea recovering.

yes, but who measures the antibodies if they just started testing for active infection? I bet I had COVID. And I could donate plasma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ademith83