Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GEORGIA

Leaders of the Georgia town of Albany and surrounding Dougherty County declared a two week Shelter-in-Place order on Friday, desperately trying to stem an outbreak of the Coronavirus, as state and federal health officials converged on southwest Georgia in search of answers in a small county which has already suffered six deaths from the virus.

Hospital officials also warned that some who may have the virus - have been refusing to stay away from other people in the community.

"The intent of this Order is to ensure that the maximum number of people self-isolate in their places of residence to the maximum extent feasible," city and county leaders declared.

It was not immediately clear how the virus had been brought to Albany, but officials had floated the idea that funerals for two people who died earlier this week may have further spread the Coronavirus.

Albany becomes unlikely Coronavirus hot spot in Georgia

Last edited:
I can sew and would love to help make mask. I just want to know the correct way to make them. If like you say if they have to put a filter inside of them then that changes how they are made. I guess I will wait to make some and see what the requirement are. Thanks for the informative post.

Here are some instructions from a hospital. They are all set on masks right now, but there are other facilities that are in need

Deaconess - How to make a Face Mask

I can sew and would love to help make mask. I just want to know the correct way to make them. If like you say if they have to put a filter inside of them then that changes how they are made. I guess I will wait to make some and see what the requirement are. Thanks for the informative post.

Here's another link

100 Million Masks | Providence

I have a family member that has had symptoms for a week now, bad persistent cough and a fever, he's described it as being like a very bad cold, He has been feeling better the past couple of day's, He's been told by the 111 number in the uk to self isolate and its the fever and high temperature they are most concerned about and while he has one its not high enough to be a big concern at this point. I am not sure at which point they start to test people based on symptoms, i am guessing his are not serious enough at this point.

‘Our busiest visitor day in living memory’: Plea for restraint as rural areas inundated with visitors escaping COVID-19

People using Britain's countryside as an escape from coronavirus have been criticised as "irresponsible".

The Scottish government said people with second homes and campervans have been travelling to the Highlands in search of isolation in recent days.

They issued a travel warning, describing the actions of travellers as "irresponsible behaviour", reiterating the warning of Prime Minister Boris Johnson that people should instead stay home.

Coronavirus in Scotland - latest updates - BBC News

Summary
  1. First Minister says emergency legislation to shut down pubs defying the government ban is being drawn up
  2. Minister calls on people not to head to the Highlands to self-isolate
  3. Scottish government to send letters to those most at risk of virus
  4. Number of people with coronavirus who have died in Scotland stands at seven
  5. Scotland has 373 known cases of Covid-19

About 40,000 people in Ireland waiting for Covid-19 test

ABOUT 40,000 PEOPLE in Ireland are waiting to have a Covid-19 test, the HSE has said.

At a press briefing in Dublin this morning, HSE officials said the wait time is typically four to five days. People were again told to self-isolate while they wait for their test.

The HSE said, as more centres open and testing increases, there will be more confirmed cases. It’s essential to confirm where the cases are so that contact-tracing can be done, officials said.

As of today, there will be 35 testing centres nationwide. This will increase to 41 centres by Tuesday and additional centres are being planned. CEO Paul Reid said the HSE is in advanced negotiations internationally, including with China, to secure 100,000 more kits and extra ventilators.

The HSE is also working to double the bed capacity in Irish hospitals, another 10,000 beds, as the country deals with the coronavirus pandemic. Reid said this “will involve putting in field hospitals”.

There are currently 2,243 vacant beds in hospitals around the country, something described as “unprecedented” to prepare for the upcoming demand. This includes 173 vacant ICU beds.

As of 8pm yesterday, 177 people with Covid-19 were in Irish hospitals including 29 people in ICU.

Overall, there have been 785 confirmed cases in the Republic of Ireland and three deaths.

Massachusetts/cape cod
No welcome mat for returning part-time Cape residents amid virus outbreak
For many part-time residents, the seaside communities of the Cape and Islands have long served as a place of refuge.
It's where they go to enjoy downtime, celebrate weddings, host memorial services and recover from traumatic events both personal and national, such as 9/11.
But seasonal and part-time residents flocking to the area to ride out the coronavirus pandemic are finding the welcome mat rolling up in their faces
More at link
No welcome mat for returning part-time Cape residents amid virus outbreak

I have a family member that has had symptoms for a week now, bad persistent cough and a fever, he's described it as being like a very bad cold, He has been feeling better the past couple of day's, He's been told by the 111 number in the uk to self isolate and its the fever and high temperature they are most concerned about and while he has one its not high enough to be a big concern at this point. I am not sure at which point they start to test people based on symptoms, i am guessing his are not serious enough at this point.
If he is the in UK he will not be tested unless God forbid he needs hospitalisation. The 111 online questionnaire takes you through different questions and funnily enough you dont need a temperature for the outcome to be "suggested coronavirus". It seems to be cough or temperature and they dont ask for a reading. It sounds like he is coming through the other side. I find it frustrating, that according to 111 I currently have coronavirus but I will probably never know for sure. I do appreciate that testing must go where it's needed most tho.

This is what cdc says about homemade masks. If we make them for personal use, I guess we better figure out where to get face shields? We are going to look like aliens.
HCP use of homemade masks:
"In settings where facemasks are not available, HCP might use homemade masks (e.g., bandana, scarf) for care of patients with COVID-19 as a last resort. However, homemade masks are not considered PPE, since their capability to protect HCP is unknown. Caution should be exercised when considering this option. Homemade masks should ideally be used in combination with a face shield that covers the entire front (that extends to the chin or below) and sides of the face."
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

SOUTH CAROLINA

CAMDEN, S.C. (CNN/WACH) — A 7-month-old baby in South Carolina appears to be one of the youngest Americans to test positive for the coronavirus.

Baby Emmett Doster tested positive for the new virus Tuesday after waking up from a nap with a fever.

“He woke up from a nap running a fever so we were going to play it out and see, but my mom tested positive for the virus as well,” Courtney Doster, the baby’s mother, said.

The 104-degree fever landed Emmett at the urgent care in Elgin.

Tuesday’s positive test results have the entire family of five on lockdown.

7-month-old S.C. baby tests positive for coronavirus

If he is the in UK he will not be tested unless God forbid he needs hospitalisation. The 111 online questionnaire takes you through different questions and funnily enough you dont need a temperature for the outcome to be "suggested coronavirus". It seems to be cough or temperature and they dont ask for a reading. It sounds like he is coming through the other side. I find it frustrating, that according to 111 I currently have coronavirus but I will probably never know for sure. I do appreciate that testing must go where it's needed most tho.

One of the worst parts is not even knowing if it is coronavirus or not, our other worry has been that he lives with his brother who has underlying medical issues. They have been trying their best to stay apart in the house, isolating himself to one room using seperate bathrooms, So far his brother has no signs of having caught it which is the biggest relief right now. From what he has said he definitely seems to be over the worst of it so fingers crossed.

This is what cdc says about homemade masks. If we make them for personal use, I guess we better figure out where to get face shields? We are going to look like aliens.
HCP use of homemade masks:
"In settings where facemasks are not available, HCP might use homemade masks (e.g., bandana, scarf) for care of patients with COVID-19 as a last resort. However, homemade masks are not considered PPE, since their capability to protect HCP is unknown. Caution should be exercised when considering this option. Homemade masks should ideally be used in combination with a face shield that covers the entire front (that extends to the chin or below) and sides of the face."
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

IMO, these should not be purchased by the general public. Leave them for the front line medical staff. If they die, there is no one to care for anyone in this crisis.

FLORIDA-
Cases doubled in last 2.5 days w/ more testing
Now 763 positive cases
12 deaths
Still, only 8334 tested, over 1000 pending.

Dr. Fauci says it's not necessary to test all w/
symptoms, just stay home BUT
China warns US should be testing, testing, testing. They say they Believe we need accurate numbers and
testing positive mandates isolation.
Home

Not directed at you enelram.

I’m not going to take advice from china or the who for that matter, i’ll listen to cdc and local info for advice.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member