Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The headline in that article is highly misleading. The man took chemicals used for cleaning aquariums, not prescription drugs.

The president never 'touted' the use of chemicals used for cleaning aquariums as medicine.

People need to use some common sense, FGS.

"chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks"

*sitting on my hands, biting my tongue*

Itching to post a response....

"Fact check: Trump wrongly claims FDA 'approved' drug chloroquine to treat the coronavirus."
Fact check: Trump wrongly claims FDA 'approved' drug chloroquine to treat the coronavirus - CNNPolitics
I found this:
Trump directs FDA to examine whether malaria drug can be used for coronavirus

KEY POINTS
  • President Trump said he directed the FDA to investigate whether an existing drug for malaria can be used to treat the coronavirus.
  • Some scientists have said the anti-malaria drug chloroquine could be a treatment for the coronavirus.
  • It is important “not to provide false hope,” FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn said at the White House’s daily press briefing on the coronavirus.
  • The World Health Organization said last month that there is “no proof” the drug is effective in treating the coronavirus

Orange County FL stay home order starting Thursday all nonessential businesses to close for 14 days
Stay-at-home order issued for Orange County
And yet Seminole County doesn't even have a curfew which OC implemented last week (was it last week, @oviedo? It's all running together at this point...)

(Seminole County and Orange County are adjacent for those not familiar with FL counties. By the time this is all said and done we are going to be geography experts!)

I found this:
Trump directs FDA to examine whether malaria drug can be used for coronavirus

KEY POINTS
  • President Trump said he directed the FDA to investigate whether an existing drug for malaria can be used to treat the coronavirus.
  • Some scientists have said the anti-malaria drug chloroquine could be a treatment for the coronavirus.
  • It is important “not to provide false hope,” FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn said at the White House’s daily press briefing on the coronavirus.
  • The World Health Organization said last month that there is “no proof” the drug is effective in treating the coronavirus
From the original link:
Fact check: Trump wrongly claims FDA 'approved' drug chloroquine to treat the coronavirus - CNNPolitics

"It's shown very encouraging -- very, very encouraging early results. And we're going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately. And that's where the FDA has been so great. They -- they've gone through the approval process; it's been approved. And they did it -- they took it down from many, many months to immediate. So we're going to be able to make that drug available by prescription or states," Trump said.
He added: "Normally the FDA would take a long time to approve something like that, and it's -- it was approved very, very quickly and it's now approved, by prescription."

I think the above quote is why people believe it works, is FDA approved, and are getting prescriptions or looking for other sources.

I took a break from here today. Wrapping up some loose business ends. I hope everyone here and their loved ones are safe and well....... Midland, West Texas Report - Our lone Midland Hospital Virus patient has died. 15 other people are awaiting test results from our local Hospital at this time.........moo

We went bicycling after work today to a local park - only a few people there, no groups, and it's a big enough park to allow "spreading out" of individuals - keeping distance.

Just the energy in the air is so different. It actually felt like Paradise for a change. We could hear the birds singing in the vicinity of Rt 41 instead of thousands upon thousands of cars.

It's been awhile since I've written a poem. But this pertains to our present pandemic:

I Heard the Birds on 41

I heard the birds on 41
a road also known as Tamiami Trail
Stretching all the way from Tampa to Miami and back.

It was not after season quite yet in Florida
when the traffic subsided.

Something much darker loomed over
the city
state
country
world

that made previously bustling roads
look so empty.

A pandemic
creeping like an invisible hand
waiting to grab and destroy
human life and society
from all corners of the globe.

Being out in the fresh air
under sunny skies
bicycling along on my way to a park
where flowers blossomed
right by the bay.

Children with their parents
walking along
the happiness of togetherness
and peace in the air
instead of fear.

Was it fear I should have felt?

Not when I could hear the birds on 41.

Copy. MaryG12
March 24, 2020

I took a break from here today. Wrapping up some loose business ends. I hope everyone here and their loved ones are safe and well....... Midland, West Texas Report - Our lone Midland Hospital Virus patient has died. 15 other people are awaiting test results from our local Hospital at this time.........moo
I'm so sorry. Stay healthy.

We went bicycling after work today to a local park - only a few people there, no groups, and it's a big enough park to allow "spreading out" of individuals - keeping distance.

Just the energy in the air is so different. It actually felt like Paradise for a change. We could hear the birds singing in the vicinity of Rt 41 instead of thousands upon thousands of cars.

It's been awhile since I've written a poem. But this pertains to our present pandemic:

I Heard the Birds on 41

I heard the birds on 41
a road also known as Tamiami Trail
Stretching all the way from Tampa to Miami and back.

It was not after season quite yet in Florida
when the traffic subsided.

Something much darker loomed over
the city
state
country
world

that made previously bustling roads
look so empty.

A pandemic
creeping like an invisible hand
waiting to grab and destroy
human life and society
from all corners of the globe.

Being out in the fresh air
under sunny skies
bicycling along on my way to a park
where flowers blossomed
right by the bay.

Children with their parents
walking along
the happiness of togetherness
and peace in the air
instead of fear.

Was it fear I should have felt?

Not when I could hear the birds on 41.

Copy. MaryG12
March 24, 2020

This is amazing, MaryG12. Makes me feel less cantankerous, so thank you.

I think Dr Fauci just has a hoarse voice. It’s been that way since the beginning. He sounds like he has nodules on his vocal cords. My dh had them and they were removed years ago. JMO
IIRC one of the reporters asked him about it at one of the earlier pressers. He said it's from talking all the time and normally he isn't hoarse. He's probably talking continuously every day IMO.

Sorry to hear. Stay safe @cody22

I agree, we have to look forward to SOMEthing.

I have no current salary; nor social security; nor retirement fund payout (well under age 60 here); nor spouse with their own income. I need some means to make money, as I have nothing coming in. I have to assume that some people reading are in the same boat, and do not have any form of guaranteed income, no matter how relatively meager.

You and millions of others. And here's a twist. State and Federal government in the U.S. NEVER CREATE WEALTH. There entire existence is contingent upon taxation, ALL the money they spend on EVERYTHING comes from taxation.....taxation on the PRIVATE SECTOR.....the very sector that is currently shut down.

think about that for bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member