Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you've gotten several replies about zinc, but I found this. I assume with this virus we need all the t-cells our body can get. IMO

The agency reports zinc allows the body to produce and activate T-cells (t-lymphocytes), which are some of the white blood cells that respond to infections.

Can Zinc Lozenges Ward Off Coronavirus? - MedicineNet Health News

Great article, thanks for posting. Gives a lot of information and resources to learn more and check on brands, dosages, and toxicity. Thanks.

Oh, my heart breaks for England, Boris and his family. In such dire times with the virus and now this.

I totally agree.

I also believe they are trying to downplay the seriousness of it so the citizens will not panic.

Its just so heartbreaking, and knowing he has a little baby to be born soon makes it even sadder if possible.

Jmho

Coronavirus: Why is Boris Johnson in intensive care and what treatment will he get?

There is currently no known cure for COVID-19, so why would Boris Johnson have been moved to intensive care and what treatment will he get?

At 5pm, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab led the government's daily briefing on the UK's Coronavirus fight back, assuring the public that Mr Johnson was still in charge. Sky News' Beth Rigby said that "things moved quite rapidly after that".

She said: "His condition deteriorated, he had to be given oxygen - he was struggling to breathe. The decision was taken at 7pm to move the prime minister to that intensive care unit.

"He is not on a ventilator. He was conscious, indeed he phoned Dominic Raab to ask him to deputise, to take over. The ventilator is there should his condition worsen."

And she added: "This is deeply worrying and upsetting for his colleagues and his loved ones, and the country - we have a prime minister in hospital tonight."

Well the SC Gov issues an essential work only or home order, and my lovely Boss hands me a my "Essential Paperwork". SMH...

I am working full time too. And see all of my friends FB pages, they are cleaning and organizing their houses. Baking bread. Meanwhile, I am doing 8 to 10 hours a day of "essential" work.

Well, at least it is not unemployment, which is not working too well. My friends are on their 3rd week, no money.

How pets are living through the pandemic
BB1271iV.img

BB127d3X.img

BB1271ip.img

BB127iCI.img

This is what I am going through with my husband and son.

My husband's side job for 12 yrs is with Costco. He has used his weeks of sick leave and vacation pay and now he is at the deciding part if he should return. As far as we know, no employee has tested positive and the store is not closing. People need to get food, necessities.

At the end of February, he started telling me that bread and cases of water were sold out during his shift. I asked him if we were having a snow storm.
Then more of a same item was wiped out. Then the TP, He saw what was leaving the store and the amount of items because he works the door.

My son has been with his company for less than a year. First job since graduation, he is a chemist. One employee tested positive and they closed for one day while the building was extensively cleaned. Two weeks later another employee tested positive and they repeated the process again last Friday.

I am also worried about him because his thoracic surgeon told us he has blebs all over his lungs. He had two surgeries for spontaneous pneumothorax.

What does it matter if large plants and big box stores are still operating, in terms of us distancing and isolating?

This country NEEDS to keep the supply lines open and people on lockdown still need fresh food, pet food, medical supplies, cleaning supplies, etc.

The country would totally collapse if we shut down every single big business.

Those who are not essential workers need to shelter in place, and take protective measures when they venture out for supplies. That will collapse the curve.

Meanwhile, our country needs to keep some major business up and running, to avoid a total financial collapse. We are already heading for a major financial disaster but we have to try and make it possible for us to slowly bounce back and recover from it. JMO
TU Katy, voice of reason.

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson admitted to intensive care unit after coronavirus symptoms worsen

1 hour ago...
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved to the intensive care unit of a London hospital after his coronavirus symptoms worsened.

Mr Johnson's office says he is conscious and does not require ventilation at the moment.

He was admitted to St Thomas' Hospital late on Sunday (local time), 10 days after he was diagnosed with COVID-19.

Mr Johnson has asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab to deputise for him.

"Since Sunday evening, the Prime Minister has been under the care of doctors at St Thomas' Hospital, in London, after being admitted with persistent symptoms of coronavirus," Downing Street said in a statement.

"Over the course of this afternoon, the condition of the Prime Minister has worsened and, on the advice of his medical team, he has been moved to the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital.

"The PM has asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, who is the First Secretary of State, to deputise for him where necessary.

"The PM is receiving excellent care, and thanks all NHS staff for their hard work and dedication."

The 55-year-old leader had been quarantined in his Downing Street residence since being diagnosed with COVID-19 on March 26 — the first known head of government to fall ill with the virus.

He continued to preside at daily meetings on the outbreak until Sunday and released several video messages during his 10 days in isolation.

Johnson was in 'good spirits' in hospital
Hours earlier, Mr Johnson downplayed his hospital visit, taking to social media to say he had been admitted for "some routine tests".
On Monday morning, Mr Johnson's spokesman denied reports in the Russian media that he had been placed on a ventilator in hospital, describing them as "misinformation".

Last paragraph above, BBM.

This is what I am going through with my husband and son.

My husband's side job for 12 yrs is with Costco. He has used his weeks of sick leave and vacation pay and now he is at the deciding part if he should return. As far as we know, no employee has tested positive and the store is not closing. People need to get food, necessities.

At the end of February, he started telling me that bread and cases of water were sold out during his shift. I asked him if we were having a snow storm.
Then more of a same item was wiped out. Then the TP, He saw what was leaving the store and the amount of items because he works the door.

My son has been with his company for less than a year. First job since graduation, he is a chemist. One employee tested positive and they closed for one day while the building was extensively cleaned. Two weeks later another employee tested positive and they repeated the process again last Friday.

I am also worried about him because his thoracic surgeon told us he has blebs all over his lungs. He had two surgeries for spontaneous pneumothorax.

whoa...just feeling your misery. Must just be soooo hard. Not to be taken as a "threat or horror", but we are going to have to continue to define PTSD during, through and after this terrible world situation.........

Coronavirus: 'Americans are praying for Boris Johnson': Trump contacts PM's doctors

Monday 6 April 2020 22:59, UK

US president Donald Trump has said that Americans are praying for Boris Johnson's recovery.

Mr Trump opened his daily news conference on his nation's coronavirus battle with a tribute to Britain's prime minister, saying: "I want to send best wishes to a very good friend of mine, and a friend to our nation, Boris Johnson.

"We are saddened to hear that he was taken into intensive care."

He added: "Americans are all praying for his recovery - he's been a very good friend, something really special: strong, resolute, doesn't give up."

And he said that the Trump administration has contacted "all of Johnson's doctors".

He later added: "When you get into intensive care it really, really gets serious with this disease."

News that Mr Johnson's condition has deteriorated has been met with well wishes from around the world, as well as from British politicians.

Coronavirus: 'Americans are praying for Boris Johnson': Trump contacts PM's doctors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en