Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is ever intubated just to be on the safe side - intubation has real risks to it.

Tracheal intubation in the ICU: Life saving or life threatening?

It has to be very serious if he's actually been intubated. I wonder who is releasing the information here.

I wouldn't expect any sort of official announcement but people tweeted he was taken to the hospital before any news media picked up the story.

What makes me know it is extremely serious is he is no longer the one making all of the decision as PM. :(

My heart, thoughts. and prayers go out to BJ, his family, and the UK.

Jmho

From my vet friend -
the chances of getting out of icu are slim, about 10% make it as they only take the worst. On average they die within 3 weeks or survive after 3 weeks.

I so hope he can pull through.

Oh, my heart breaks for England, Boris and his family. In such dire times with the virus and now this.

Doubtful, as the Queen recorded it last week, Boris was still running the country while in isolation and clapping the NHS from his doorstep on Thursday night. I think it was Friday when he released a video update (though I admit I've totally lost track of time scales!)
i agree.... it is just a tragic coincidence in my mind.
Yes, that's usually what it means and that's what the Russian press is reporting - they've been right so far. (I have someone who is fluent in Russian reading the news for me in real time).

Sounds like information is leaking out to the various media pretty quickly.
Thank you in advance, for keeping us informed with what s/he learns...

I am kind of wary to order from Amazon-- their employees are not happy
and i wonder about steps they are taking to protect their employees which
impacts their customers--also it seems deliveries are a lot slower
I am pretty sure that supermarket's employees aren't too happy either. Slower deliveries are to be expected if demand is going through the roof.

I saw some better news on COVID 19 today. Last week VA Gov. Northam stated that Virginia would not peak until late May. I checked the Univ. of WA projection tool, IMHE, and it reflected that same thing. However, it was revised on Sunday and now shows Virginia peaking a month earlier on 20 April.
IMHE: IHME | COVID-19 Projections
Well, I suppose I have to retract what I said about this looking like good news. Listening to Gov. Northam's Monday update he and his staff addressed this and did their level best to down play it. Last week they were citing projection data like this as a talking point for the stay-at-home order going out to 10 June. Today, the message is we shouldn't put much stock in these projections because they change too much. But then again I'm not a politician, so what do I know.

Let's hope that he was placed in ICU to receive the best care. Not because he is crashing. So sad, I bet that he has never even held his new baby yet. Didn't his GF just recently have a little boy?
No, she's expecting a baby.

Bbc reports he is conscious and moved to ICU in case he needs a ventilator.

One of many google results on my emphasis re: this subject:
Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22 - Websleuths
Jan 17, 2020 · 20 posts · 9 authors
This virus likes politicians and leaders a lot. margarita25, Mar 13, 2020.

We learned this very early on, via Iran specifically moo.

They see so many people and shake so many hands. Maybe politicians need to wear long white gloves like the queen does. Any word on Prince Charles? Is he back to good health?

Sorry if repost, trying to wrap my head around this, woozy moo:

“Johnson spent over a week in self-isolation after developing symptoms of COVID-19 before he was taken to the hospital on Sunday for tests.

As of Monday morning, Downing Street had insisted that the prime minister was still running the UK government. Johnson's spokesman had said the prime minister was in "good spirits" and was "comfortable" after spending the night at the central London hospital.

However, his condition significantly worsened later in the day, forcing doctors to move him into intensive care.”

Boris Johnson has been put in an intensive-care unit after his coronavirus symptoms worsened

—-

They see so many people and shake so many hands. Maybe politicians need to wear long white gloves like the queen does. Any word on Prince Charles? Is he back to good health?

Yes what’s the latest on that.

—-
Dbm think positive, not what happens if...

—-

And she's had contact with Boris and with a positive-testing employee.

Hopefully, it was before Boris was shedding virus. And, wouldn't they have kept a distance from each other?

Hi are the latest viral shedding reports available I referenced last night? Link for reference in progress

And she's had contact with Boris and with a positive-testing employee.

Hopefully, it was before Boris was shedding virus. And, wouldn't they have kept a distance from each other?
Her weekly meetings have been by telephone since he was isolated it was reported last week.

More than 100 medics have died during Italy's coronavirus crisis, including two nurses who took their own lives, as many struggle with the trauma of seeing colleagues die

Jemma Carr For Mailonline
6 hrs ago
More than 100 medics have died from coronavirus in Italy as many struggle with the trauma of seeing their collegues die.

Traumatised hospital staff have asked 'who will be the next' after 80 doctors and 21 nurses died from the bug.

Two nurses took their own lives since the outbreak, which has killed more than 15,800 and infected 124,600 in Italy, began.

A total of 300 medics were infected in one hospital in Lombardy - the area worst affected by the bug - while 12,000 hospital staff have been diagnosed nation-wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay