Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubtful, as the Queen recorded it last week, Boris was still running the country while in isolation and clapping the NHS from his doorstep on Thursday night. I think it was Friday when he released a video update (though I admit I've totally lost track of time scales!)
I think the Queens broadcast was likely timed to be close to the 5k deaths mark. At one time 1k per day was being predicted. Let's hope he gets thru this and we continue to see the overall death % fall as well as his recovery. I am shocked he is in ICU.

I just ordered a bunch of seeds last night. Lots of stiff sold out. I have no idea what I'm doing but gonna try.
@LadyL This may help
Quarantine Vegetable Gardens
I've had a patio garden growing herbs and lettuce for years - tomatoes are hit or miss for me but I am going to add green beans and some other veggies this spring.

Some things to consider if you take elderberry to prevent infection of COVID19:
COVID-19 FAQ

Whoa

" However, as a part of its immune supportive actions, elderberry increases immune cell release of tiny chemicals called cytokines. Specifically, elderberry increases the release of a cytokine called IL-1B which is a part of the inflammatory reaction to COVID-19 that can result in acute respiratory distress. For this reason, to minimize the possibility that elderberry could aggravate the inflammatory “cytokine storm” associated with the more severe COVID-19 infections, it is recommended to stop elderberry at the first signs of infection (fever, cough, sore throat) and/or if you test positive for the virus."

If Elderberry is going to interfere with cytokines, you certainly DON'T want to be taking it if you are getting sicker.

Interesting. Do you take it in a syrup form? There's quite a few precautions in this medical article.

Elderberries and Your Health
There's syrup and there's gummies. I take the syrup if I actually get sick and gummies preventatively. And because someone got a little abrupt with me last time this topic came up, I am NOT telling anyone to take elderberry. JMO only.

Let's hope this continues to work! Yay for some good news!!
LA doctor seeing success with hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19

".... Dr. Anthony Cardillo said he has seen very promising results when prescribing hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc for the most severely-ill COVID-19 patients.

"Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free," Cardillo told Eyewitness News. "So clinically I am seeing a resolution."

Cardillo is the CEO of Mend Urgent Care, which has locations in Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys and Burbank.

He said he has found it only works if combined with zinc. The drug, he said, opens a channel for the zinc to enter the cell and block virus replication. ...."

Whoa

" However, as a part of its immune supportive actions, elderberry increases immune cell release of tiny chemicals called cytokines. Specifically, elderberry increases the release of a cytokine called IL-1B which is a part of the inflammatory reaction to COVID-19 that can result in acute respiratory distress. For this reason, to minimize the possibility that elderberry could aggravate the inflammatory “cytokine storm” associated with the more severe COVID-19 infections, it is recommended to stop elderberry at the first signs of infection (fever, cough, sore throat) and/or if you test positive for the virus."

If Elderberry is going to interfere with cytokines, you certainly DON'T want to be taking it if you are getting sicker.
This is good information here. Thank you for sharing!

Iran Unveils COVID-19 Pneumonia Diagnosis System | Iran Front Page

The COVID-19 pneumonia diagnosis system is capable of detecting abnormalities which cannot be spotted in CT scan images in the early stages and can calculate the volume of the infected zone.
“As we made progress in the production of diagnosis kits, now, with this new technology, we developed a new method using artificial intelligence, a mehod which is even more precise than the kit in certain stages of the disease,” said Sattari.

A prominent professor at Sharif University of Technology also weighed in on the achievement.

“At the moment, there are numerous methods in the world to diagnose the COVID-19 coronavirus disease, but what is proven and has been confirmed by the American Board of Radiology is that the best way to diagnose infection with the virus is to take a CT scan image of the chest,” said Hamidreza Rabiei, the head of the Advanced Information Technology and Communications Research Center of the Sharif University of Technology.

“Currently, there are two systems similar to this in the world: one in China and another at Stanford in the United States,” he said.

I'll go with the Infectious Disease people over the Radiology people in this case (and Stanford is advising a different means of diagnosis, even though they have the tech).

Swabs work and rapid response tests also work. For diagnosing pneumonia secondary to CoVid, I'm sure a chest picture is indicated.

Experienced nurses and doctors are pretty good at diagnosing pneumonia with a stethoscope.

SOUTH CAROLINA - FINALLY! Although the rules are somewhat convoluted at this time. You can work OR stay home …. ???

Gov. McMaster issues ‘home or work order,’ limits customers for retail businesses
Posted: Apr 6, 2020 / 03:41 PM EDT / Updated: Apr 6, 2020 / 04:44 PM EDT

COLUMBIA, SC (WBTW) – Gov. Henry McMaster on Monday issued a mandatory “work or home order” for the state and a customer limit for retail businesses.

Beginning at 5 p.m. Tuesday, “everyone should stay home unless working, visiting family, recreating outdoor or obtaining necessary goods,” McMaster said. (WHAT??)

“Too many people are on the roads, too many on the waters, in the stores, and too many are not complying with our request concerning social distancing,” McMaster said. This is why the recommendations became mandatory, he added.

For retail stores that remain open, McMaster issued a mandatory order that customers must be limited to no more than five for every 1,000 square feet.

A violation of the order is a misdemeanor that carries 30 days and/or a $100 fine for each day of violation.

McMaster said according to the data, science, facts and the experts, it is now time to make the recommended actions required.

The rate of infection is on the rise and noncompliance is on the rise, he said. “We hope this order today will reduce the rise of infection.”

Also, the state General Assembly was ordered to work on Wednesday.

For churches on Easter, McMaster urged them to stream on the internet or meet outdoors.

Gov. McMaster issues ‘home or work order,’ limits customers for retail businesses

Edited to add: Don't really see where this changes much, at least for the people I know and work with.

"The NHS doesn't give up intensive care beds just for people to be looked over."

Microbiologist, Dr Simon Clarke says that it's about time Downing Street "starting levelling with us" about the prime minister's condition.

Sky News on Twitter
I really don’t think that any leveling information will be given out other than “he’s doing as well as can be expected” up until the time that he has recovered or not.

He is the PM.

There's syrup and there's gummies. I take the syrup if I actually get sick and gummies preventatively. And because someone got a little abrupt with me last time this topic came up, I am NOT telling anyone to take elderberry. JMO only.
I am an elderberry fan and its a daily supplement that my family and I take daily.

I loved that they did this! One of my kids assignments today was to watch a news story about the virus. So naturally for my 2 younger kids sake I chose this one. They were amazed and so happy. My 2 older kids who are now old enough to be in on the secrets (santa, tooth fairy and such) pulled me to the side with shocked faces and said "so you are telling me that the whole WORLD is in on this?!?!?!" It was a great morning....enjoy the little things like the tooth fairy and easter bunny. Day 15 of lockdown and we smiled alot today....its a good day! Be well everyone

Microbiologist, Dr Simon Clarke says that it's about time Downing Street "starting levelling with us" about the prime minister's condition.

doesn't matter if you are on one side or the other to possibly lose a prime minister during his term to something like this would possibly be the greatest national shock maybe since the war

Very interesting interview, using zinc with hydroxychloroquine and having some success. Would be good to know/understand how zinc helps, I know that it stops the COVID-19 virus from replicating.

I know you've gotten several replies about zinc, but I found this. I assume with this virus we need all the t-cells our body can get. IMO

The agency reports zinc allows the body to produce and activate T-cells (t-lymphocytes), which are some of the white blood cells that respond to infections.

Can Zinc Lozenges Ward Off Coronavirus? - MedicineNet Health News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member