Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gov. Newsom unveils his plan to lift California’s stay-at-home order

Gov. Gavin Newsom on Tuesday unveiled a series of guidelines to re-open California’s economy and relax the statewide stay-at-home order during the coronavirus pandemic.
They are:
1. Expanding the state’s testing capacity, as well as the ability to appropriately track, trace and isolate individuals who test positive for, or are exposed to, COVID-19.

2. Maintaining vigilance in protecting the most vulnerable from infection and spread, primarily seniors and immunocompromised individuals.

3. Address the ongoing needs of hospitals, in relation to potential surges and ensuring that doctors, nurse and staff have the appropriate protective gear they need, such as N95 masks.

4. Engaging with research partners to develop therapeutics and potentially a vaccine.

5. Enacting guidelines on what physical distancing would look like within businesses, schools, and public and private facilities. That could mean re-drawing floor plans so people can practice safe social distancing outside the home.

6. Increasing capacity to adjust levels of physical distancing and having the the ability to reinstate “more rigorous controls” as needed — toggling from stricter to looser interventions, “back and forth as things change,” according to the governor.

He did not offer a timeline on when these indicators could be achieved, noting that such a framework likely will not come for at least another two weeks. But he did assure people these restrictions will not last forever.
Officials cautioned, however, that even once restrictions are loosened, things won’t be as they were before the pandemic. For instance, restaurants will probably have fewer tables, temperatures checks may become the norm at establishments to and protective face coverings will likely remain common in public.

And when schools start back up again in the fall, arrival times could be staggered and classrooms reconfigured to enforce social distancing among students, teachers and staff.

:):D:D

AAA policyholders to receive auto insurance refund checks during COVID-19 shutdown

Under the new $125 million relief package, AAA members with auto insurance policies in effect from March 16, 2020 to May 15, 2020 will receive a 20% policy refund check for this period, the Auto Club Enterprises Insurance Group said in a statement.

I think this is odd. People need to self-isolate, to ensure they don't spread the virus, but taking a short drive to keep the engine running smoothly should not be a problem. I really don't understand why car insurance should be refunded. Is the policy on hold for a couple of months - if something happens during that time they are not covered by insurance?

I think this is odd. People need to self-isolate, to ensure they don't spread the virus, but taking a short drive to keep the engine running smoothly should not be a problem. I really don't understand why car insurance should be refunded. Is the policy on hold for a couple of months - if something happens during that time they are not covered by insurance?
They are not cancelling the insurance they are just lowering the price by 20% and sending a check to everyone who already paid the full amount original price. Many companies are doing it so I imagine there is peer pressure to do this to make customers happy and still make a profit just not a windfall profit they would have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member