Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't CNN that said it. It was a surfer being interviewed.

yes, the surfer was on cnn. And masks aren’t necessary when the proper distance apart according to our government. At risk need to stay home and isolated if concerned is what we have been told. So many here are considered essential, there’s less people on the beach than at work. And Walmart and target are packed tight with folks and their stimulus money

That is interesting would the character Monk be loving the social distancing or be even more scared knowing of the virus?
ha ha! had this very discussion with another Monk fan... and we felt he would actually love the social isolation, but would sneak out at night to assess some clues in his personally made space suit.

Very very interesting. It does point out this overall, and often underground issue, of international criminal activities when it comes to "sharing secrets" . We can see this in international "thriller' films... but it is much more real . What amazes me, so often is why and how the principal organization (Harvard) knows nothing. Or do they? Money talks, secrets walk.

There are stringent laws and protocols now put in place by the federal government for research at American universities, over the last year. Now when faculty and staff travel to China for research and/or teaching purposes, we can't even get access to university work-related email accounts, they are blocked. And all funding for research that is from China has to be reported to the federal government, etc. There has been a real tightening of research related to China by the U.S. government in relation to universities in the U.S. Very strick protocols that we are implementing daily. If you don't do so, universities can lose their ability to secure research grants from the National Science Foundation (NSF), National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other federal sources of funding for research universities.

I read about this last night. He gave a hollow, insincere, mealy-mouthed ‘apology’ when he realised the majority of (sane, decent) people were appalled and, last I saw, he was getting ripped to pieces on Twitter.

He is such a malignant t*rd of a human. Blech :eek:

Perhaps , because he is so willing to sacrifice
lives, he wouldnt mind being part of that
2-3 percent who will die!

May ONLY cost us? How much is a life worth?

DR OZ: "Schools are a very appetizing opportunity. I just saw a nice piece in The Lancet arguing the opening of schools may only cost us 2 to 3%, in terms of total mortality. Any, you know, any life is a life lost, but ... that might be a tradeoff some folks would consider."

And that is why Dr. Oz should be shunned.

Utterly crass and stupid statement.

Those 2-3% are real people.

I’m not a fan of Drs Oz, Phil or Pinsky offering their opinions about coronavirus. They have no credibility and are not experts in epidemiology. According to the linked article, they have walked back some of their remarks after being criticized, including Dr Oz and his 2-3% mortality comment. But I doubt there were as many viewers who saw their “apologies” as saw the original interviews. If they had any ethics, they would turn down interview requests regarding coronavirus. And why are they getting interview requests in the first place?
JMO

Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, and Dr. Drew: Fox News keeps inviting TV doctors on air who say crazy things - CNN

I didn't write this, but thought I'd share!

Just be careful because people are going crazy from being in lock down! Actually I've just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking coffee and we all agreed that things are getting bad. I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything. Certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant. In the end the iron straightened me out as she said everything will be fine, no situation is too pressing. The vacuum was very unsympathetic... told me to just suck it up, but the fan was more optimistic and hoped it would all soon blow over! The toilet looked a bit flushed when I asked its opinion and didn’t say anything but the door knob told me to get a grip. The front door said I was unhinged and so the curtains told me to ........yes, you guessed it .....pull myself together!
Moo

Thanks for sharing - stealing this! :D

At least Latvia is not as bad as the U.S.:

Total Coronavirus cases in Latvia: 712
Deaths: 5
Recovered: 88
Active cases: 619
Serious/critical condition: 5
Total tested: 34,697

Looks like from the graph that Latvia reached it's peak on March 31st. Cases have gone from 35 to 9 (yesterday 4/17).

Coronavirus Update (Live): 2,297,075 Cases and 157,974 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Hello, can I join you? I am in England. The south west. Luckily I still have my job. Essential worker status but WFH.
I was a nurse for 35 years but changed careers.

I was sent home to work because of asthma.

I used to be a regular here but life got in the way

Badhorsie.....I remember you. Wasn’t your avatar freida ?
Welcome back and stay safe.

I’m all excited to have finally set up this fabulous yoga space in the living room but now my dog keeps peeing on my yoga mat.

—-

How long til the One World concert? I’m so excited to see Stevie Wonder, Sir Paul McCartney and the Stones!

$10 says Paul M sings “Let it Be”.

I read about this last night. He gave a hollow, insincere, mealy-mouthed ‘apology’ when he realised the majority of (sane, decent) people were appalled and, last I saw, he was getting ripped to pieces on Twitter.

He is such a malignant t*rd of a human. Blech :eek:

He's shown me he's just a sell-out who likes to hear his own voice.

He's almost as awful as Dr. Phil.

IHMO

I’m not a fan of Drs Oz, Phil or Pinsky offering their opinions about coronavirus. They have no credibility and are not experts in epidemiology. According to the linked article, they have walked back some of their remarks after being criticized, including Dr Oz and his 2-3% mortality comment. But I doubt there were as many viewers who saw their “apologies” as saw the original interviews. If they had any ethics, they would turn down interview requests regarding coronavirus. And why are they getting interview requests in the first place?
JMO

Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, and Dr. Drew: Fox News keeps inviting TV doctors on air who say crazy things - CNN

Because they have agents that promote them as talents and seek commercial ventures where both agent and client make a lot of money.

The really reputable MD's do not have agents.

JMO

Dr. Phil's comments were stupid too - that we don't shut down for car crashes or drownings.

Well, car crashes and drowning are not contagious.

Car crashes and drowning don't all happen in huge numbers, overwhelming the hospitals.

That doesn't mean car crashes and drownings aren't tragic - measures should be taken to minimize them - but they are hardly comparable to Covid.

But, I'm sure people nodded and said, "Yah! People die in cars every day and we still can go to the movies."

jmo

I’m all excited to have finally set up this fabulous yoga space in the living room but now my dog keeps peeing on my yoga mat.

—-

How long til the One World concert? I’m so excited to see Stevie Wonder, Sir Paul McCartney and the Stones!

$10 says Paul M sings “Let it Be”.

Sorry margarita25. It was never really YOUR yoga mat. Now you know

Great article, incredible about the masks they are making for Cleveland Clinic, and other medical protective gear for New Jersey and others. Interesting that the people who make garden furniture from recycled plastic milk jugs, are now making face shields for hospital use instead. About 100,000 a day!

Also interesting that they are using tarp material to make fluid-resistant gowns and also waterproof Tyvek house wrap.

And the challenges they have with social distancing given their communal way of life.

Thanks for posting.

Great summary of the article. I had read it when it first came out a few days ago, so was glad to share. Interesting that the manager and his wife declined to take on the sewing job, as they still had income from his job coming in, and others in the community had nothing. I found that very touching.

JMO

Dr. Phil is not even a medical doctor. He holds a doctorate in clinical psychology, just as my DH does. Neither can prescribe medication nor give medical advice other than in connection to diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. . Dr. Phil is not even licensed to practice. The doctorate is what allows him to even be called a "doctor." Same for DH.

IMO A connection to that show called "The Biggest Loser?"

Last edited:
Sorry margarita25. It was never really YOUR yoga mat. Now you know

Herat, I thought of you the other day.

Remember you mentioned scrambling in the back of the cupboard for a piece of chocolate like a squirrel on crack?

Well, a long time ago I got some soup delivered and they sent some crackers with it. I don’t do regular flour so actually threw away those cracker packets so I wouldn’t be tempted to eat them.

Well I found one in the back of the cupboard when I ran out of food a couple weeks back lol. I was scrambling in the cupboard for a pack of crackers like a squirrel on crack and couldn’t have been more excited when I found an old pack of crackers lol.

@margarita25 Starts livestreaming in about 10 minutes, Noon your time!

Sweeeeet! Spark up the purple bud Seattle Stew (best weed I ever smoked was purple bud in Seattle by the way. I forgot to tell you that when you mentioned the purple bud a while back haha)

Dr. Phil is not even a medical doctor. He holds a doctorate in clinical psychology. just as my DH does. Neither can prescribe medication, give medical advice other than in connection to diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. . Dr. Phil is not even licensed to practice. The doctorate is what allows him to even be called a "doctor." Same for DH.

IMO A connection to that show called "The Biggest Loser?"
I did see one comment that said they should both (OZ and Phil) be called "Mr" from now on given the bombastically offensive things they both just publicly said. "Over the course of its run, various episodes and segment features have been criticized for a lack of scientific credibility in reference to the medical claims on The Dr. Oz Show. A study by the British Medical Journal in 2014 concluded that less than half the claims made on the Dr Oz Show were backed by "some" evidence, and that fell to a third when the threshold was raised to "believable" evidence.[1] The website Science Based Medicine goes even further, claiming: "No other show on television can top The Dr. Oz Show for the sheer magnitude of bad health advice it consistently offers, all while giving everything a veneer of credibility."[2] What follows is a selection of claims proven to be false and misleading." Medical claims on The Dr. Oz Show - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand