Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From India

Entire Pune & Pimpri Chinchwad now declared a containment zone

The entire metropolitan area of Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad, with a population of over 7.5 million, has been declared a containment zone and will remain sealed till April 27 as per orders issued on Sunday night. This is the first time anywhere in the country that an entire city has been sealed although there are containment zones in several Indian cities.

Coronavirus update India: Goa becomes first state in India to become Covid-freerning with 543 deaths | India News - Times of India

@Teche
You might want to explain rice and gravy. I grew up in NOLA and never had it till I moved to Jeff Davis parish. Love it! Can’t do the hot chow chow tho! My great grandparents had a cottage on the Teche, where they moved to from Petit Anse when they got older.

@nhmemorymaker
Cajun Belle is not available everywhere. It’s the closest thing to Fontenot, an heirloom. However, Natural Gardening in CA has Nu Mex Joe Parker, an excellent alternative, and you can let it turn red, and save the seeds quite easily.

RSBM Love his full international views in a single episode.... however, I was soooo eager to get any updates on Africa. I feel that is a story that has just not started yet... But, so far, amazed at the relatively low numbers. Guess I will have to wait until his next one today!!!

RSBM His focus on second video today is Africa exclusively

Ask,and receive. Africa info for you and all of us who want to know. THANKS for asking for such to share with others vs. .....................

Coronavirus: 449 more people die in UK hospitals with COVID-19

Another 449 patients have died in hospitals in the UK after contracting coronavirus.

The Department of Health announced the latest increase, with 16,509 people with COVID-19 - the disease caused by coronavirus - now confirmed to have died in hospitals across the four home nations.

NHS England announced another 449 deaths in hospitals in England, taking the country's total to 14,829.

Scotland saw a further 12 deaths, Wales nine and Northern Ireland 13.

According to each home nation's health authorities, the number of deaths in hospitals now stands at:

• England - 14,829
  • Scotland - 915
  • Wales - 584
  • Northern Ireland - 207

Ok... admitting that some of this information is still going in and out with not enough retention...however, I feel this information is going to have to become strong learnings in these new days. Those of us who worked in big corporate buildings for our careers, always felt that there were "sick buildings" out there....with high numbers of people getting sick with respiratory diseases, as well as more deadly illness.

Long term issue for many....

Tight or sick building syndrome - ScienceDirect

"Modern buildings are designed with the usual heating, air-conditioning and ventilation equipment. In most of these buildings, air is continuously recirculated and, as a result, workers suffer from tight or sick building syndrome. This syndrome is discussed with reference to symptoms of air contamination, ventilation system standards and research needs."

I recall hearing this in the Kam & Bryer thread (teen killers)! Also, believe it's a love or hate entre.

We usually make it without the cheese curds. That's how you get it at most restaurants. Would love to have it with a Harvey's burger right now ( a Canadian burger chain). We don't eat beef at our house, but we would eat a Harvey's burger with extra pickles.

There was an article about Sweden a few threads back. Made me really want to keep up with Sweden over the long haul to see how their more open approach works.
One of the statistics in that article still has me curious, and am hoping someone can address. The statement said "over 40% of the population lives alone". I can see how this does, in fact, influence lower infection rates. But how does Swedish culture explain this. Minimal multi-generational families? Divorce? Low birth rates? Knowledge welcome.
Hairdressers to reopen as Denmark loosens lockdown

Here is a report from a few days ago about Denmark and Sweden.

It has? I didn't know that. We already filled out our census info online a long time ago. It looks like you can still do it online: 2020 Census | United States Census Bureau

Right, but so many people don't have internet access or don't fill out the information online. Which is why census workers actually have to go out to people who did not fill out the online information.

My Mom's job is on hold due to this. She was going to do census this year.

Interesting view about collective responsibility:

"Ostrom was a political scientist, who was also the first woman to win the Nobel Prize in economics back in 2009. She won for her brilliant research that can help explain why some folks today simply don't want to comply with COVID-19 rules and why we have to make them.

The reason: being selfish can be socially contagious.

Public officials have been clear about one thing for a couple months — we need to act collectively to minimize the spread of COVID-19.

Then there are the "Rational Egoists." This is a considerable minority of people — about 20 per cent.

Egoists are only interested in what's best for themselves.

Ostrom showed us that these egoists will only change their behaviour (say, in response to COVID-19) to avoid punishment. It's that fear of punishment that makes rule-following consistent with the egoists' perception of their self-interest.

Our efforts to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic highlight how things that matter profoundly to us as individuals — like, for instance, our health — are really, at the end of the day, a collective responsibility."​

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calg...mOEhZTlJ0a21WZU1JXC9IUzZGVExcL2dRY3lkMlJTUSJ9

Right, but so many people don't have internet access or don't fill out the information online. Which is why census workers actually have to go out to people who did not fill out the online information.

My Mom's job is on hold due to this. She was going to do census this year.

Mr Pirate worked for the census last time. It was a pretty cool temp job. He had just retired and it kept him busy for a bit. I am sorry your mom's job is on hold.

Idle Musing - This Virus "stay at home most of the time" can grow a little boring..... My workshop, garage, and "man cave" are all arranged, cleaned, and spotless...... What to do ????...... I may just go cause an "International Incident". I think I will start an Internet Rumor that Canada has cornered the Market on Heirloom Toilet Paper Seeds and is not gonna share with anybody else....... That oughta make for some "fun posts" everywhere.....moo

Just days after the County Health Department Covid Map showed our community glowing like a Destin sunset we were hit by an EF 3 tornado.

Oh, for the days when a friend’s saying of one of those of arm chair pillow things for beds was great for lounging on the couch and my subsequent plans for attaining one was about my main objective in life.

Just days after the County Health Department Covid Map showed our community glowing like a Destin sunset we were hit by an EF 3 tornado.

Oh, for the days when a friend’s saying of one of those of arm chair pillow things for beds was great for lounging on the couch and my subsequent plans for attaining one was about my main objective in life.

I am so sorry to hear your community was hit. I live in a tornado prone zone also and was in the midst of one in 2014. Neighborhood very damaged with one loss of life. It is so traumatic but especially so in the midst of Covid 19. My prayers are with you.

If outgoing air goes directly outside, and incoming air comes directly from outside and those vents are not near one another, how does air get from one room to another through the ventilation system? I can understand that viruses can be found in the outgoing ventilation system, but shouldn't there be constant movement toward the outside?
Ok... admitting that some of this information is still going in and out with not enough retention...however, I feel this information is going to have to become strong learnings in these new days. Those of us who worked in big corporate buildings for our careers, always felt that there were "sick buildings" out there....
We grew up using peppers in our cooking. For us, Tabasco peppers are hot yet flavorful. It’s not the type of pepper that you’d necessarily slice and eat although I know quite a few people who do. A couple of plants will yield enough to make a year or two supply of chow chow. We keep a few jars and give a few. My husband washes the peppers and chops a couple of onions. The onions and peppers go into a food processor. He then cooks the onions and peppers with vinegar. He cooks the mixture in an old pot outside. The flumes will knock you out. The chow chow Can be added to your serving of gumbo, beans, rice and gravy, etc.

Wow... as i say every day these days.. I learned something. I had to look up what "chow chow" is! Such fun youtubes!!! There are such differences...but I am going to keep this tabasco pepper in mind. IS it the peppers that are the only heat?? I don't think i am going to wait for my plants though...i want to try to make it now.. and I know my farm stand does have different kinds of peppers for sale. And I have a fire pit just built out of concrete block and stones... I definitely want to make it outside! Thanks for sharing some imagination !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo