Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Butte County California (population ~220,000) finds 180 new cases among church congregants on Mother's Day

^This last one came just 1 week before Butte was set to open up. The carrier may have been asymptomatic. The minister is very upset in local interviews. A lot of these new patients are elderly.

Butte County California (population ~220,000) finds 180 new cases among church congregants on Mother's Day

^This last one came just 1 week before Butte was set to open up. The carrier may have been asymptomatic. The minister is very upset in local interviews. A lot of these new patients are elderly.

THAT^^^ heAdline is very misleading. There are NOT 180 new cases in Butte---there were 180 POTENTIALLY exposed to the illness, by one asymptomatic church goer

So WHY and or HOW did he get tested, if no symptoms? I think I am missing something...
Maybe he needed to for his job---my son needed a test to return to work last week.

Maybe he thought he might have been exposed so he decided to get tested?

Maybe he wanted to visit elderly relatives so decided to see if he was negative?

In California, you do not need to have serious symptoms to take the test.

Maybe he needed to for his job---my son needed a test to return to work last week.

Maybe he thought he might have been exposed so he decided to get tested?

Maybe he wanted to visit elderly relatives so decided to see if he was negative?

In California, you do not need to have serious symptoms to take the test.

There is a drive up testing place in a parking lot that I pass by to get grocery pickup. It’s usually empty.

So in stopped to check it out two weeks ago. Sign said must have appt - contact doctor or insurance company for approval.

I am going to call today and see what they tell me!

Coronavirus: Don't book your holiday to France yet, as confusion over quarantine continues

People looking to book a holiday to France should wait until talks about a prospective quarantine across the Channel have concluded, a top minister has told Sky News.

Boris Johnson announced international travellers flying into the UK would be required to quarantine themselves for two weeks when he addressed the nation last Sunday.

However, Downing Street later added: "No quarantine measures would apply to travellers coming from France at this stage."

The clarification from Number 10 led some people to book trips to France, safe in the knowledge that no quarantine would be imposed.

The government then said there was no exemption for France and that talks were ongoing to negotiate how the border crossing would work to ensure the spread of COVID-19 is contained.

Now, Oliver Dowden, secretary of state for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, has said details of any quarantine between the UK and France are not yet confirmed.

The Times has reported that lorry drivers travelling between the two countries could be among those who would be exempt from a two-week self-isolation period.

Sky News put that to Mr Dowden, who appeared to confirm it.

He said: "The reason for allowing some exemptions is to keep the economy going. If we didn't apply quarantine exemptions to lorry drivers, we wouldn't be able to get all the freight we need from France from the rest of Europe to Britain.

"We're taking some sensible, proportionate exemptions to it and of course all the other restrictions will continue to apply to lorry drivers, but it's just to help the flow of traffic that seems a suitable measure to take."

Michigan has 10 million residents and has had 4700 deaths so that's 47 deaths per 100,000
Georgia has 10.6 million residents and has had 1500 deaths so that's 14 deaths per 100,000
Which is what she stated.

Help me with math. If the US is at 250 deaths per 100,000.

That would be 2500 per million wouldn't it?

2500 X 330 (for 330 million) would be 825,000 deaths, wouldn't it?

Coronavirus in Scotland - Lockdown to ease & over fives can be tested - BBC News

Summary
  1. Nicola Sturgeon confirms that her "route map" to lifting lockdown will be published on Thursday with restrictions likely to be eased from 28 May
  2. The first minister has also confirmed that testing will be available to anyone with symptoms over the age of five
  3. Loss of smell or taste are added to the UK's list of coronavirus symptoms that people should look out for and self-isolate with
  4. NHS Fife, NHS Lanarkshire and NHS Highland begin trials of a contact tracing system in Scotland
  5. Health Secretary Jeane Freeman promises that 2,000 test and trace workers will be "ready to be deployed" on 1 June
  6. Latest figures show 2,105 patients in Scotland have died after testing positive for Covid-19.
  7. About 41% of care homes have Covid-19 cases, Ms Freeman confirms

Coronavirus in Scotland - Lockdown to ease & over fives can be tested - BBC News

Summary
  1. Nicola Sturgeon confirms that her "route map" to lifting lockdown will be published on Thursday with restrictions likely to be eased from 28 May
  2. The first minister has also confirmed that testing will be available to anyone with symptoms over the age of five
  3. Loss of smell or taste are added to the UK's list of coronavirus symptoms that people should look out for and self-isolate with
  4. NHS Fife, NHS Lanarkshire and NHS Highland begin trials of a contact tracing system in Scotland
  5. Health Secretary Jeane Freeman promises that 2,000 test and trace workers will be "ready to be deployed" on 1 June
  6. Latest figures show 2,105 patients in Scotland have died after testing positive for Covid-19.
  7. About 41% of care homes have Covid-19 cases, Ms Freeman confirms
Do we know what percentage of Scotland's 2,105 death were from care homes? I don't recall that so far.

I have found this Scottish Sun link that is saying 1,400 deaths in care homes so want to check that. If true that would be 66%. :-(

Over 1,400 Scots in care homes killed by Covid-19 with 4,975 suspected cases

Last edited:

Our governor stated the same for our state, when talking about the info he looks at to determine whether or not to move forward in the phased reopening process. We’ve been behind in testing and just recently started catching up. So the raw number of positive cases are increased, which doesn’t give a good/accurate picture of where we are. So he’s instead focusing on % positivity (7 day moving avg)—# positive results/# ppl tested—which is trending downward. Our dept of health has added those numbers in a graphic on their website so we can follow the trend for ourselves, which I like a lot.

Hopefully TX has a similar feature that can followed :)

Dr. Seheult last video #71 update has been taken down by YouTube bots/auto thingies. He said that might happen, I think due to he was reviewing a report on zinc/azith/chloroquine, and put that in his subject for the video (which many YouTubers that are science/Drs try to avoid in their titles for that very reason). I'll keep my eye out for his next one as we here know, he is not a quack.

Dr. Campbell is safe so far! Here are his two latest as folks all over are now speaking to mental health.

Care homes - BBC News

This is a live updatimg link on deaths in UK care homes.

From the 15 May link on Isle of Man deaths.

The care home which has seen most of the Isle of Man's Covid-19 deaths is to be independently investigated.

Of the 24 people to have died on the island with coronavirus, 20 were residents of Abbotswood Nursing Home.

The Department of Health and Social Care has run the Ballasalla home since safety concerns were raised last month. Minister David Ashford said he expected the probe's findings to be made public.

Abbotswood's directors are appealing against their licence suspension.

My older brother was almost one of those, who almost waited too long, even though he was having chest pains. He kept telling his wife that it was heartburn, but she told me she got really angry at him, which she never usually does---and she demanded he go to the ER.

Sure enough, they took him right into surgery, and had thought he might need bypass, but he was just given a stent, and sent home the next day. :)

Thank goodness he got there in time: But I can understand the reluctance to go to a hospital in these Covid times: it is terrifying to think you could catch the virus in that way.

But if one person is insisting US deaths are 250 per 100,000 and another says 250 per million that's two completely different numbers.

But I see what you're saying. Jmo
Best thing is to check on Worldometers site for the Country figures which is what I quoted. US State deaths per population don't appear to be shown on the wordometers states section so manual calculations or other sources are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander