Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thing is to check on Worldometers site for the Country figures which is what I quoted. US State deaths per population don't appear to be shown on the wordometers states section so manual calculations or other sources are needed.

I can see the deaths per population on worldmeter. Weird.

I can see the deaths per population on worldmeter. Weird.
Only for the countries. I could not find a column on the individual states. Here's what I am looking at.

Link to follow.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 4,833,463 Cases and 317,225 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

USA deaths per million column = 275

United States Coronavirus: 1,529,291 Cases and 91,005 Deaths - Worldometer

Michigan deaths per million = 490

Forgive me - the state level does show it.

Its county level that doesn't show it. See California counties in link below.

California Coronavirus: 80,265 Cases and 3,289 Deaths (COVID-19 ) - Worldometer

Last edited:
Football club apologises for 'sex dolls' in stands

I really can't believe this report but LOL.

What happened at the match?
On Sunday, FC Seoul played their first home match of the K League season.

The ground was empty - one of many measures designed to prevent a Covid-19 outbreak.

So before the match, a company called Dalcom offered to fill some of the empty seats, and the club agreed.

In total, there were 30 mannequins - 28 of them female, and two of them male.

However, fans watching online noticed that some of the mannequins looked more like sex dolls - and some were advertising x-rated websites - leading to the club apologising on Instagram and Facebook.

More at link.
Favourite Fools and Horses episode, anyone? :D

The evidence that smoking offers any benefit in preventing covid is kind of shady. There could be less smokers admitted to hospitals than in a general population because most seriously affected victims are older and by that time a lot of them might have stopped smoking. People are also known to lie when asked about their bad habits. Nicotine is addictive. I am not sure it's such a good idea to use it as a potential treatment.

Last edited:
The evidence that smoking offers any benefit in preventing covid is kind of shady. There could be less smokers admitted to hospitals than in a general population because most seriously affected victims are older and by that time a lot of them might have stopped smoking. People are also known to lie when asked about their bad habits. Nicotine is addictive. I am not sure it's such a good idea to use it as a potential treatment.
I did not find the patches at all addictive when I was giving up smoking some years ago. I wasn't a particularly heavy smoker though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander