Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coronavirus in Canada: 81 percent of deaths in nursing homes, report says

This looks like it is turning into a worldwide issue now.

"In one facility outside of Toronto, 100 people – including 40 staff members – are currently battling the coronavirus, while another 57 residents have died from it, the Post reports.

Advocates told the newspaper that cramped buildings and traveling employees – many of which work part-time shifts at several facilities to make a living – are two factors that have contributed to the severity of the outbreaks inside Canada’s nursing homes.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“It wasn’t inevitable that this had to happen, and that’s the most troubling thing,” Nathan Stall, a geriatrician at Toronto’s Sinai Health System, told The Washington Post, referring to initial decisions made by elected officials to focus their coronavirus response toward hospitals.

“The decision-makers’ fear was driven by young people on ventilators in New York City, and it didn’t move the societal needle that people were dying in nursing homes elsewhere or even in our own country,” he added."

Continued at link

The table gives a flat surface to set drinks.

But then when other customers wheel over to you and bump you like you are a bumper car then well, will the bar pay for your refills?
He he he. Yeah I can see the table top is handy but the base and the legs are cumbersome and you can't sit at these "tables". Just hang it off the shoulders instead. It's crazy.

Also where do you hang your handbag with no chair?
:)

I work in healthcare and am aware of at least two entire groups of physicians, both neurosurgeons and obstetricians, that procured this specific combo of meds in another country before Trump ever mentioned the drugs. They’ve been taking HCQ as a preventive ever since. I’m not saying it’s a wise course of action, but there are well-respected physicians taking it. There are also literally millions of people who have taken and continue to take these meds for years without serious adverse reaction. Sure, some have significant problems, but that’s true of just about any medication and certainly not unique to these particular drugs.

This is factually untrue. Preventative antibiotics are given before surgery to prevent well-know risks of post-op infections. My daughter takes a preventative antibiotic and will for a solid decade following minor heart valve damage after strep-induced rheumatic fever. I took a low dose antibiotic for over a year after getting married when nothing worked to stop frequent, repeated urinary tract infections that were leading to kidney infections which damaged my kidneys.

There are absolutely legitimate reasons to consider an antibiotic to prevent infection.

Sanjay Gupta indicated this morning, that there are a number of studies testing HCQ for preventative care. But he also stated that with DJT's comorbitities he should not take it... weight, heart, cholesterol. But obviously he will be managed like a petri dish...so can't see anything to really worry about.

i
The research is unclear, but it looks like some milder or asymptomatic cases do not form appropriate antibodies. But the data are coming from the U.S. Navy, via StarsandStripes, so I tend to believe them:

Eight more sailors aboard USS Theodore Roosevelt test positive a second time

Each of these sailors tested positive, recovered, went through two negative CoVid tests and were deemed "recovered." However, now they test positive again (the Navy likes to test people for obvious reasons). They are now infectious. There are not many, but it is something to be aware of.
I keep hoping they provide more detail about whether these sailors were asymtomatic or had severe symptoms....

He he he. Yeah I can see the table top is handy but the base and the legs are cumbersome and you can't sit at these "tables". Just hang it off the shoulders instead. It's crazy.

Also where do you hang your handbag with no chair?

This solves all the problems! Now enjoy that bumper bar.....:D

Liquitainer foldable bottles with backpack!

convertube-hydration-system.jpg

SOURCE Convertube - Turn any bottle into a SOURCE Hydration System

Are you saying that the physicians are taking antibiotics to prevent CoVid? Can you say more about that? Surely not.

Preventive antibiotics prescribed by a surgeon before surgery - yes. Preventive antibiotics (and we now know that Trump's own doctors didn't prescribe them according to his own interview in the links above) for CoVid?

Really? You know people who are taking Z-pac in advance for CoVid? I'm truly curious.

I know a lot of physicians too. A good friend of mine is head of pediatric infectious disease unit at a major university hospital. She hasn't heard of this. Is it regional? She's in Northern California.

I wasn't speaking at all about people who take HCQ prescribed by their doctor for a condition for which it was approved. And, I suppose, if physicians wish to experiment on themselves they will (although I am surprised that it's this particular drug).

No one wants to take a preventative antibiotic for a decade, unless they have to. Surely. For an actual condition for which said antibiotic is ordinarily prescribed.

But to each their own. I just find it interesting that no doctor will come out and actually say anything in public to support this. Even, apparently, the well-placed doctors you know. When people post as you did just did, I can definitely see why so many people don't trust doctors. It makes it sound like they're hoarding drugs and taking them, themselves, while not recommending the same drug to the general public.

Are they at least enrolled in some kind of study?

I know, in the very beginning of the crisis, when there was so much hoarding of the HCQ, that much of the hoarding was from doctors for themselves since they were on the front lines.

Many of us in Florida have questioned the stats coming out of the state as the WH and the governor has touted “Florida is one of the great success stories”. Some of the news media has been digging into this. Now, this news has been revealed. Glad she spoke up.

Florida has the Sunshine Laws where everything is supposed to be transparent...guess that is not happening in covid times...what else?

France ordered to end coronavirus ban on worship

France's administrative court has ruled that the government must lift a blanket ban on meetings at places of worship within eight days.

The ban was put in place as part of measures to curb the spread of coronavirus.

The Council of State ruled the ban was "disproportionate in nature" and caused "damage that was seriously and manifestly illegal".

More than 28,000 people have died in France from Covid-19.

Continued at link.

The research is unclear, but it looks like some milder or asymptomatic cases do not form appropriate antibodies. But the data are coming from the U.S. Navy, via StarsandStripes, so I tend to believe them:

Eight more sailors aboard USS Theodore Roosevelt test positive a second time

Each of these sailors tested positive, recovered, went through two negative CoVid tests and were deemed "recovered." However, now they test positive again (the Navy likes to test people for obvious reasons). They are now infectious. There are not many, but it is something to be aware of.

I like that the study is a large captive group. From what I understand, there can be false positives after someone has recovered due to dead virus fragments. Also, I didn't see where it was said the sailors were infectious but I might have missed it.

I find that some people not forming appropriate antibodies is not necessarily a bad thing. Coronavirus is in fact a weak virus that seeks hosts with the most vulnerable immune systems. But there is no vaccine and there is uncertainty about how fast it can spread, so the overall danger is increased.

So in Massachusetts, the 0-19 years old age group comprise only 4% of the confirmed cases, despite being 20% of the population. Why? Kids are not ambassadors of cleanliness and forced protocol. My theory is that the virus is so weak that many don't get infected when exposed to sufficient viral load. This age group also account for less than 1% of the hospitalizations, with zero deaths.

Maybe this is why some sailors do not form sufficient antibodies. They are healthy young and are barely touched by the danger from the virus, and if they manage to get it, their immune response is low since their bodies barely react to the virus. So in reality, if theses guys didn't form antibodies, they might not even need them to fight off future exposure.

I know, in the very beginning of the crisis, when there was so much hoarding of the HCQ, that much of the hoarding was from doctors for themselves since they were on the front lines.
Back during the 2001 anthrax scare I was working closely with drug reps because all of our doctors were obtaining the only antibiotic that was effective to treat it. They were stockpiling enough drug for themselves their families. The drug reps brought in a stockpile for the nurses too.

Oh my heavens, I had to venture to the local DMV. What a complete and total disaster. I scheduled an appointment online several weeks ago. Long story short, I ended up walking out without getting what I went for.

I don't know if anything will ever be the same again.

This solves all the problems! Now enjoy that bumper bar.....:D

Liquitainer foldable bottles with backpack!

convertube-hydration-system.jpg

SOURCE Convertube - Turn any bottle into a SOURCE Hydration System

This is better. Got a seat as well.

The best baby walkers for your little one to take their first steps
08/12/2019 in Shopping for Baby Essentials

best-baby-walker_w545.jpg

When your baby transitions from crawling to cruising, you may want to start looking for the best baby walker to help them take their first independent steps. There are a huge range of walkers on the market to suit a wide variety of tastes and budgets.

What is a baby walker?
A baby walker is a movable contraption that can help your baby take their first steps. You can have walkers your baby sits in, or Zimmer-frame type walkers, sit-and-stride bike types, or jumpers.

ETA reposting original link and photo for comparison purposes.

Maryland bar creates 'social distancing tables' with inner tube bumpers for customers to wear once it reopens

social-distaning-tables.jpg

So similar.

Last edited:
Oh my heavens, I had to venture to the local DMV. What a complete and total disaster. I scheduled an appointment online several weeks ago. Long story short, I ended up walking out without getting what I went for.

I don't know if anything will ever be the same again.
What happened?

‘This whole corridor is dead’: Europe’s coronavirus care home disaster

Wherever the virus spread uncontrolled, elderly care homes were left unprotected

Across Europe, coronavirus has ravaged homes for the elderly, raising questions about why the part of society most vulnerable to the disease was overlooked in planning for the pandemic.

Though healthcare systems and policy reactions to the pandemic varied widely, one thing is consistent: in countries where national authorities lost sight of where the virus was spreading, it found its way into care homes and left devastation in its wake.

Roughly half of deaths from the virus across Italy, France, Spain, and Belgium have taken place in nursing homes, according to figures collected by academics at the London School of Economics. In many countries the true figures are only just coming to light, as unlike in Ireland, deaths in care homes were not reported in national figures.

Behind the numbers are individual stories of tragedy. Far from killing people who would have died anyway, the disease stole an average of 13 years of expected life from men, and 11 from women, according to a study of hundreds of victims by University of Glasgow researchers.

Many of their deaths were lonely. Infection risk kept loved ones away or behind panes of glass. The sheer numbers of people who were dying at once overwhelmed staff, and meant people did not always have access to palliative care such as sedatives, to ease their pain as they passed away.

[Much more at link]

‘This whole corridor is dead’: Europe’s coronavirus care home disaster

This is better. Got a seat as well.

The best baby walkers for your little one to take their first steps
08/12/2019 in Shopping for Baby Essentials

best-baby-walker_w545.jpg

When your baby transitions from crawling to cruising, you may want to start looking for the best baby walker to help them take their first independent steps. There are a huge range of walkers on the market to suit a wide variety of tastes and budgets.

What is a baby walker?
A baby walker is a movable contraption that can help your baby take their first steps. You can have walkers your baby sits in, or Zimmer-frame type walkers, sit-and-stride bike types, or jumpers.

Ha! I can't top it....I'm speechless..errr..
postless! ..... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members