Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Cos of 4th July?

Perhaps an over-simplistic response, considering the threat of floating embers causing wildfire. During our fires, embers travelled over 30km away, due to fire updraughts. A friend was having burned eucalyptus leaves landing in her backyard from a fire 30 km away.

Why this national event is not being held outside the White House is beyond me. If a person wants to have an unsafe gathering, then why not have it in an area where fires likely would not happen - and if they did happen they could be easily controlled.

Perhaps an over-simplistic response, considering the threat of floating embers causing wildfire. During our fires, embers travelled over 30km away, due to fire updraughts. A friend was having burned eucalyptus leaves landing in her backyard from a fire 30 km away.

Why this national event is not being held outside the White House is beyond me. If a person wants to have an unsafe gathering, then why not have it in an area where fires likely would not happen - and if they did happen they could be easily controlled.

I thought they were going to do DC fireworks tomorrow night. I could be wrong.

Trump administration has no regrets about reopening push, says Mnuchin

The US treasury secretary has said the Trump administration has no regrets about pushing states to reopen their economies, one day after the country reported more than 50,000 new coronavirus cases – the fourth record-breaking single-day toll in just over a week, according to Johns Hopkins figures.

Asked if he regretted that the White House pressured states to reopen as quickly as possible despite the repeated warnings of the country’s top public health experts, Steven Mnuchin told a press conference on Thursday: “No, absolutely not.”

I checked my phone and, sure enough, it's on there.

Coronavirus logging function mysteriously appears on iPhones and Android devices

A MYSTERY "COVID-19 Exposure Logging" function has appeared in settings on iPhones and Android devices.

COVID-19 Exposure Logging can be accessed by iPhone and Android users through the "settings" section of both phones.

To access the COVID logging feature on iPhones, users must go under "settings," then click on "privacy," and lastly "health."

Android users can reportedly access the secretive feature by clicking "settings," then google, and then "settings" again.
Brilliant! I’ve just turned mine on.

Nope. I typed out a long reply, but deleted it. I'm making a serious effort not to get banned today.

Kudos. I am watching the fiasco in Mount Rushmore, and I am stunned. Have people completely forgotten about the Pandemic? Social Distancing? Mask wearing? Common sense?

Meanwhile, I hardly go anywhere, mask, hand sanitizer constantly. Always wiping everything down with Sani cloths. Am I crazy? Are these folks crazy? Is everyone crazy?

You wear a shirt, pants and shoes, don't you? And masks are much for comfortable than ladies underthings these days. You purchase clothing, shoes and underwear. Why are you bitching about donning a mask, a one minute procedure as you grab your keys when you leave the house. If you simply can't figure out how to don and wear one, You Tube is your friend.

And why are customers in your bar banned from wearing a mask? Isn't that their choice, too? Oh, right, your mentality is "do as I say or get out." No one gets a choice but you.

'We don't live in a communist country!': battle over masks rages in Texas

“We don’t live in a communist country! This is supposed to be America,” said Tee Allen Parker, who has banned wearing of masks at her bar.

The 45-year-old owner of the Machine Shed Bar & Grill in Kilgore, east Texas, has become the face of the resistance fighting mask-wearing among the business community in the state.

She said: “It’s an individual choice. There’s been nothing scientific that says masks are effective. I choose not to wear it, but I don’t let thousands of people breathe on me.”

My theory about those who claim this is all a hoax, is that they are likely poorly educated, and have never been outside of their community. They are not able to make rational conclusions based on facts. In fact, they don't seem to be able to separate facts from fiction.

I see them as child-like in their understanding of the world. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same people who would blame the medical authorities for not knowing, from the start, all the details of how CoVid manifests itself, as if scientists are born with all the facts.

Hoaxers don't understand how scientists can say one thing, and then a month later change what they are saying based on further research, or how two groups of researchers can put forward seemingly conflicting information. That throws them into confusion and they rush back to their comfortable, hoax-based understanding of the world. They don't know how learning works, because they've never had the experience. jmo

[bbm]

yes and they're everywhere!

We set off fireworks forever here. My town has ours a week or two prior to the 4th. Then we can go see other shows as well.

Would we not all agree that 2020 is an exceptional year? That things need to be done differently this year?
I am not enjoying my travel limitations ... not being able to return to your country to visit friends and family.
But I get that it is an exceptional year.

I fear that this exceptional year is going to turn into an exceptional 3 years, if things keep going this way.

The herd immunity that the leaders seem to be shooting for is a long, long way off ... if at least 43% (low estimate) of the population need to be contaminated.

That's tomorrow night outside the White House with a fly past. I know about the Bush fires. I have relatives in Oz. It's not as dry in SD and I am sure they will take proper precautions. You dont really get floating embers with fireworks but its a risk wherever it is held.
on the internet
what do you mean lockdown? you haven't been able to leave your house??
No, only for essentials and exercise. I thought you followed this thread? We have been in lockdown since 23rd March. We are still in it till Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo