Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys and girls from websleuths, i don't think we are having a live show tonight

but enjoy your 4th of july holiday, be safe and Covid-19 safe

and enjoy the festivities are they still doing fireworks ?

wasn't sure how many parties and such would go ahead due to covid-19

That's an interesting point. I was surprised when my American friend started referring to "lockdown" in mid-March, I'd never heard the word and asked what it meant. Here in Canada, officials specifically said it was not a lockdown. They only offered strong guidance on the requirements for safe business practises, which led many of them to temporarily shut down in order to protect their staff and customers. So the media started to refer to the situation as a 'shutdown', but never a 'lockdown'.

Shutdown is voluntary, lockdown is imposed. It's true that, where major outbreaks happened such as factories, the government did intervene and issue an order to cease operations for a limited period until the outbreak was under control.

As an outside observer of the US politics, it just seems people are reacting, on all sides, to imaginary bogeymen, rather than to the realities.

I was wondering about that word.

They did not travel aboard Air Force One, according to the person familiar with her condition, and she was the only person in the group who tested positive.

LOL!! There's Never only 1. I suppose the other people on the plane are now quarantining.

NAHHHH! Of course not. They're at the rally, sitting not far from the president.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Didn't everyone say that the experts claim the protests didn't spread the pandemic, because it was outside? If the protests didn't spread the virus, why would an outdoor fireworks display do so?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dislike the critiquing of the talents of a person singing my National Anthem, or the nasty views of "firework safety" as we celebrate our country's independence. Let me just say that I am enjoying the true patriotism seen in the stands. I enjoy the marching band music. I don't see masks either, and I pray that these patriotic people visiting South Dakota remain as healthy and exuberant as they can. I would not wish this virus on any one. I say this, as my son is currently in the hospital with Covid-19. Can we please just have peace? And hope for healing?

I don't want to get you riled up again, but I am right there with you. Your nation and people suffered a great deal. We're suffering through fireworks all night, every night for a month here - and we're just 2 miles from the perimeter of one of California's worst fires (so many homes lost - they will never be rebuilt, it has changed people's lives forever).
Our worst time is on Nov 5th for a couple of weeks either side and same again for New Year, ( luckily both times are during our winters which helps ).
One year we had to pick up 25 spent rockets from a neighbours fireworks party. We have animals too who get extremely scared of them. I still enjoy watching them from afar. Was hit by one as a little girl so am wary.

Who got their sister or mom to sing the National Anthem? That was terrible! These video intros are also awkward and kind of dumb in my opinion.

The anthem was terrible and the singer doesn't have a good sense of pitch. The band warmed up though.

Looks like a lot of the audience is local - which is good, because comparatively speaking, S Dakota has low rates of CoVid (although certainly not zero).

~55,000 cases on July 3, slightly younger demographic, and a case mortality rate (so far) of ~5%. With luck, it will drop to ~4% due to the age of the newly infected.

To me, that's just dooming 2200 people to death, who didn't have to die (and they are mostly not going to be in the "ancient" group that's 65+).

Meanwhile, the economy is in smoking ruins - because we can no longer participate in world trade the way we did, and the impact of that is big potatoes, compared to the impact on Main Street.

I don't want to get you riled up again, but I am right there with you. Your nation and people suffered a great deal. We're suffering through fireworks all night, every night for a month here - and we're just 2 miles from the perimeter of one of California's worst fires (so many homes lost - they will never be rebuilt, it has changed people's lives forever).
Our worst time is on Nov 5th for a couple of weeks either side and same again for New Year, ( luckily both times are during our winters which helps ).
One year we had to pick up 25 spent rockets from a neighbours fireworks party. We have animals too who get extremely scared of them. I still enjoy watching them from afar. Was hit by one as a little girl so am wary.

No, only for essentials and exercise. I thought you followed this thread? We have been in lockdown since 23rd March. We are still in it till Monday.

Ohhhh. No wonder you aren't experiencing many cases in your area. You've been in lockdown. Serious, for real lockdown, and you and other residents there have been complying. And therefore, your area has got COVID-19 under control.

We here in the U.S. have not been on serious, for real lockdown, though some areas were on mandatory shutdown. And many areas were on strongly suggested stay-home orders that weren't enforced and were only complied with by some of the people. And therefore, our areas do not have COVID-19 under control.

I live in an area that is in BIG, BIG trouble right now. BIG, BIG, BIG trouble. We need people to take charge and to enforce orders to keep us safe, because there are enough people that live here not wearing masks and not social distancing, and there are enough tourists who came as soon as our beaches opened, that while we weren't in trouble a few weeks ago, we are now. And those people who live here who insist that masks = tyranny or that masks don't work or that masks will give you CO2 poisoning . . . well what can I say? You live where people did what they were asked to do in order to contain COVID-19. I don't. You are safe. I am not. You will be able to go out on Monday. I will not. I'm allowed to, mind you. I've been allowed to the whole time, but I haven't been, because it isn't safe.

hey guys and girls from websleuths, i don't think we are having a live show tonight

but enjoy your 4th of july holiday, be safe and Covid-19 safe

and enjoy the festivities are they still doing fireworks ?

wasn't sure how many parties and such would go ahead due to covid-19

Who is the "they"? Yes "they" are apparently doing fireworks in SD, but certainly not in SF and certainly not publicly in CA.

It's fire season, indoor season, etc. Worst of all, the pandemic has now reached epic proportions in the US.

U.S. Surpasses Global Record For New COVID-19 Cases Recorded In A Day

I dislike the critiquing of the talents of a person singing my National Anthem, or the nasty views of "firework safety" as we celebrate our country's independence. Let me just say that I am enjoying the true patriotism seen in the stands. I enjoy the marching band music. I don't see masks either, and I pray that these patriotic people visiting South Dakota remain as healthy and exuberant as they can. I would not wish this virus on any one. I say this, as my son is currently in the hospital with Covid-19. Can we please just have peace? And hope for healing?
Thank You. I feel the same way about the singing of the anthem. You don't have to have Beyonce or Lady Gaga sing it. It's fine for an American to sing from their heart. JMO

I am sorry about your son's illness. Good thoughts and prayers headed your way. Happy Fourth, to you and yours.
❤️

This virus sure does get around to a variety of places. A couple of weeks ago, it got to hang out in Tulsa, OK. Last week it was in Dallas, TX, and tonight it's Mount Rushmore!!

Next week the virus has Reservations booked at Walt Disney World. The virus is looking forward to checking that place out for the first time.

Who is the "they"? Yes "they" are apparently doing fireworks in SD, but certainly not in SF and certainly not publicly in CA.

It's fire season, indoor season, etc. Worst of all, the pandemic has now reached epic proportions in the US.

oh yes i understand, i thought most of the fireworks displays were planned by each city.. so mostly those are cancelled this year i guess

but we are in lockdown here again in Victoria Australia now because of a second wave, so i get it

stil i love 4th of july its such a great holiday, although not a fan of the random gun firing people do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214