Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't everyone say that the experts claim the protests didn't spread the pandemic, because it was outside? If the protests didn't spread the virus, why would an outdoor fireworks display do so?
Unfortunately, it depends on who gets to be labelled as 'experts'. Public health official are saying some of the spread has been from protests:

"We’ve been really honest and said from the beginning that for any people that are in crowded situations for long periods of time – which long for us means more than 15 minutes – where you’re in close contact with people, less than six feet apart and people aren’t wearing a cloth face covering you have a heightened risk of either transmitting the virus if you are an asymptomatic spreader, or getting the virus from someone else who is spreading because they also are an asymptomatic spreader." LA Mayor Garcetti admits 'connection' between coronavirus outbreak and protests, after downplaying link

However, it's been suggested that the effect of increased spreading from protests was offset by other people staying home. Research Determines Protests Did Not Cause Spike In Coronavirus Cases

Aussie pop 2020 is 25,499,884.
43%, That's close to 11 million.

We are not going for herd immunity, sorry I should have been more clear. I was speaking of the US that appears to be going for herd immunity - with its confusing approach.

We have been protecting the indigenous in our country as much as possible. Blocking off traditional lands for them so that infected others cannot go in.

It would be devastating for them if we went for herd immunity. A concept of social distancing does not exist for them, and their genetics apparently makes them much more susceptible to the virus.

When it's 1 case, you don't see it. When it's 10 cases, you don't see it. When it's 100 cases, you don't see it.

When it's 1,000 Cases, YOU SEE IT.

But Wait! Once you see that it's 1,000 Cases, it's really 10,000 Cases. You just won't realize that for another couple of weeks.

It's called Exponential Spread, and as has been pointed out, since we didn't learn that from our experience in March & April, we've essentially squandered everything gained over the last 3 1/2 months.

Maybe by the 4th go around, we'll get it right.

We didn't have to wear masks. We just had to stay in except for essential travel. For three months. Most people complied. Now we are coming out. We followed Italy and Spain procedures.

I don't understand. You did what was required for three months and now you are coming out. And yet you seem to argue that those in the U.S. who are not doing what is required are justified. I'm so confused.

I don't know where you are - but I'm right beside you. I am not safe (we are having exponential growth of cases where I live - it's not good).

I haven't been anywhere since March 13. I've been in a car, but not gotten out. I have waited out situations before, but we are in trouble, here in California. Heck, the whole US has yet to experience what this is like (except of course NY/NJ/CN/RI/MA and forgive me for forgetting the other high tally states - I should post the data tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'm just so bummed tonight. Feel free to reach out for support.

You keep up the good work, @10ofRods.

I don’t think anyone on this board promotes violence, destroying people’s businesses. Just because people want to follow medical guidance and help suppress suppression it doesn’t mean we endorse destruction and violence.

Last edited:
“US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams urged caution when looking at the US death rate for the virus remaining flat while the number of new cases increases.

"We know deaths lag at least two weeks and can lag even more," Adams said, speaking on "Fox & Friends" on Friday. "In the beginning, nursing homes were hit really hard, and the majority of our deaths were occurring on people who were 60, 65 and older. Now the majority of cases are in people who have an average age of 35, and so those folks are gonna have less comorbidities, they're gonna be less likely to end up in the hospital and to die."
However, Adams said, "What we're really worried about — particularly with young people — is that they get it and then they spread it to their grandmother, to their grandfather."

Adams called on the younger population to wear a face covering, practice social distancing when going out this weekend, and to take extra precautions if they live with someone who is older or vulnerable.”

US surgeon general urges caution on US Covid-19 death rate: “We know deaths lag at least two weeks”

Last edited:
Coronavirus Australia live news: Cases pass 11 million worldwide, more than double a severe flu outbreak

Coronavirus Australia live news: Cases pass 11 million worldwide, more than double a severe flu outbreak

Michael Doyle

6 hrs ago
WHO expects to see first results from coronavirus drug trials within two weeks
The Solidarity Trial started in five parts looking at possible treatment approaches to COVID-19: standard care; remdesivir; the anti-malaria drug touted by US President Donald Trump, hydroxychloroquine; the HIV drugs lopinavir/ritonavir; and lopinavir/ritonavir combined with interferon.

Earlier this month, it stopped the arm testing hydroxychloroquine after studies indicated it showed no benefit in those who have the disease, but more work is still needed to see whether it may be effective as a preventative medicine.

"Nearly 5,500 patients in 39 countries have so far been recruited into the Solidarity Trial," director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a news briefing in Geneva, referring to clinical studies the UN agency is conducting.

"We expect interim results within the next two weeks."

Head here for the full story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members