Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We pay for it too. It isn't a "basic right". I know that is hard for those outside the UK to understand but it isn't free.
Your rights

You have the right to receive NHS services free of charge, apart from certain limited exceptions sanctioned by Parliament.

You have the right to access NHS services. You will not be refused access on unreasonable grounds.

You have the right to receive care and treatment that is appropriate to you, meets your needs and reflects your preferences.

You have the right to expect your NHS to assess the health requirements of your community and to commission and put in place the services to meet those needs as considered necessary, and in the case of public health services commissioned by local authorities, to take steps to improve the health of the local community.

You have the right, in certain circumstances, to go to other European Economic Area countries or Switzerland for treatment which would be available to you through your NHS commissioner.

You have the right not to be unlawfully discriminated against in the provision of NHS services including on grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity or marital or civil partnership status.

You have the right to access certain services commissioned by NHS bodies within maximum waiting times, or for the NHS to take all reasonable steps to offer you a range of suitable alternative providers if this is not possible. The waiting times are described in the Handbook to the NHS Constitution.

The NHS Constitution for England

"Everyone knew that it would reach a considerable part of the population sooner or later. It was positive for me” Bolsonaro said, referring to the Covid-19 tests he took Monday.

"I've came back from the hospital now, I've done a lung screening, my lung is clean, OK? I went to do a Covid exam a while ago, but everything is okay," he said.

Bolsonaro, who was wearing a mask, warned people to not get near him.

"You can't get very close [to me], OK? Recommendation for everyone," Bolsonaro said.

Coronavirus pandemic: Updates from around the world

Bolsonaro has derided coronavirus as just a "little flu," and previously appeared in public and at rallies without a mask, even hugging supporters.

He has encouraged the country to reopen, even as the number of cases rises, and has criticized local governments' efforts to stamp out the virus through social distancing measures, such as quarantine and shelter-in-place orders.

I believe I read he had a few tests but dont quote me
(CNN)Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has tested positive for Covid-19, Bolsonaro himself announced, speaking on Brazilian TV channels Tuesday.

"Everyone knew that it would reach a considerable part of the population sooner or later. It was positive for me," Bolsonaro said, referring to the Covid-19 test he took Monday.

The President, who was wearing a mask, warned people to not get near him. "You can't get very close [to me], OK? Recommendation for everyone," Bolsonaro said.

Jair Bolsonaro, Brazil's President, tests positive for the coronavirus - CNN

Why shouldn't they get close? According to him, it's just a "little flu".

At least 84 offenders and 9 employees have died from Covid-19 in Texas prisons

In the latest information released on July 1 by TDCJ, 8,811 offenders and 1,556 employees have tested positive for Covid-19. Of those, 84 offenders have died and another 28 deaths are under investigation.

The TDCJ says they have tested 117,765 offenders and 35,662 employees for the virus systemwide.

Coronavirus pandemic: Updates from around the world

We found the average charge per COVID-19 patient requiring a hospital stay to be $73,300. That charge is the estimated cost for a patient with no health insurance. It’s also the cost for a patient seeing an out-of-network provider and whose health plan has no out-of-network benefit.

The average estimated in-network amount per privately insured patient is lower: $38,221. The in-network amount is the amount that the providers in the plan’s network have agreed to accept as full payment. It includes both the amount the plan pays and the amount the patient pays. The amount the patient pays is based on the cost-sharing provisions of the plan.

Costs for a Hospital Stay for COVID-19 | FAIR Health

These numbers are useful to know to help you understand how much the COVID-19 pandemic is costing our country. But it’s also important to know that they’re not the actual amount you’re likely to have to pay if you or someone in your family gets COVID-19. If you have insurance, your costs will be determined by the cost-sharing terms of your health plan. If you don’t have insurance, your costs will vary based on your specific case. And you may be able to negotiate a lower amount with your providers.
I couldn't find the costs in the article. Were they in the video?

Your rights

You have the right to receive NHS services free of charge, apart from certain limited exceptions sanctioned by Parliament.

You have the right to access NHS services. You will not be refused access on unreasonable grounds.

You have the right to receive care and treatment that is appropriate to you, meets your needs and reflects your preferences.

You have the right to expect your NHS to assess the health requirements of your community and to commission and put in place the services to meet those needs as considered necessary, and in the case of public health services commissioned by local authorities, to take steps to improve the health of the local community.

You have the right, in certain circumstances, to go to other European Economic Area countries or Switzerland for treatment which would be available to you through your NHS commissioner.

You have the right not to be unlawfully discriminated against in the provision of NHS services including on grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity or marital or civil partnership status.

You have the right to access certain services commissioned by NHS bodies within maximum waiting times, or for the NHS to take all reasonable steps to offer you a range of suitable alternative providers if this is not possible. The waiting times are described in the Handbook to the NHS Constitution.

The NHS Constitution for England
Thank you for this. I was going to investigate a bit, but now I don't have to.:)

And those who lack the technology, or support at home. Systems- staff and students that were not anyway prepared to distance learn Among other things.
My teenager blew off the entire last month of distance learning. :eek::mad::confused:
totally my bad for not keeping up with it. And assuming because he was a good student things were getting done at home. That will not be happening here again I can assure you

The problem is that distance learning is not equal for all students. Especially those who receive Special Education services.

No-one. We work the system. Opt for Medicare (govt) to pay for very expensive medical procedures ... but we have to go on a waiting list - so if the waiting list is long for that procedure and we don't want to or can't wait, we may choose to utilise our private health insurance (if we have it, many Australians don't).
Exactly. You can go private to be seen by a consultant and then swop back to National Health for the op. In Uk the consultant is often the same doctor in the same hospital.

I’m trying not to let the child care numbers worry me (More) about school being back in session. I’m guessing these Childcare Numbers are mainly very young kids-infants/toddlers- with a high rate of personal contact etc?
Edit to clarify

Oh, wow. What is going to happen when school starts????

Last edited:
I’m trying not to let the child care numbers worry me (More) about school being back in session. I’m guessing Childcare is mainly very young kids-infants/toddlers- with a high rate of personal contact etc?

Child care can be for before and after elementary school, too. Parents leave home early in the morning or get back later in the day. My elementary school day care is open at 6am for intake and breakfast and after school until 6pm.

How odd. Who would choose thousands of dollars in medical bills? Well, besides the 1% who can afford it.
I did once when I had a job that included it. It was for a consultation and life saving kidney operation many years ago when my doctor said I would not see 40 if I did not have it done.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the rest of the world is not content with the US deciding to just live with it and routinely re-infecting the planet. I'm pretty sure the entire planet already thinks we're *ssholes at this point, so why not just go with it.:rolleyes::confused:
I don't think there is a choice in the matter unfortunately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member