Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is expected to travel to Doral, Florida later this week, landing squarely in the center of a coronavirus hotspot and taxing the already limited local health resources.

Despite the raging coronavirus pandemic, Trump will turn his attention Friday to the issue of drug trafficking in South America, visiting US Southern Command for a briefing.

Trump to travel to coronavirus hotspot to talk South America drug trafficking

Just due to wording, I *think* the state of indiana covered uninsured tests but billed where insurance exists. It was something to the effect of "tests are free to everyone, but please bring insurance info if you have insurance". Jmo
NY covered testing for the uninsured. At the height of the crisis here they were actively appealing to all with symptoms or exposure to come in for testing regardless of insurance or immigration status.

preventable in that if she had not attended a church function with a lot of people she would not have gotten it possibly - it's not victim blaming IMO.
ETA: from the article - this is what I was referring to -

Report: Teen who died from COVID-19 attended a huge church party | Boston.com
A medical examiner’s report recently made public, however, is now raising questions about Carsyn’s case. The Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner found that the immunocompromised teen went to a large church party with roughly 100 other children where she did not wear a mask and social distancing was not enforced. Then, after getting sick, nearly a week passed before she was taken to the hospital, and during that time her parents gave her hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial drug touted by President Donald Trump that the Food and Drug Administration has issued warnings about, saying usage could cause potentially deadly heart rhythm problems.
It doesn't matter how someone catches it party or protest or work makes no difference to the virus. It's not the victim's fault.

Distance learning also affected the inner city and low-income children who do not have a laptop or computer and/or internet.
Not everyone has high speed Internet also, the only internet service provider in our area is satellite internet (and no, I don’t live in the boonies). Thank goodness I have good cell phone coverage!

Last edited:

Every time (in the U.S.) that people are released from lock down, cases rise. I feel for my friends in California who are just totally deflated after having everything closed again, because nothing else has changed - eventually the stress will become too great, things will reopen, cases will rise, and the whole process will be repeated. I assume they'll reach a point where there will be no businesses left to reopen.

we will have a whole generation of people dying now IMO. I wonder if they can "opt out" of working if they are high risk?

The ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) has added the CDC's categories of high risks to the list of "reasonable accommodations" that schools will have to offer and if the job can be performed remotely, they have to offer that. If you go to the ADA website, you will find the information, I posted it here awhile back.

Every time (in the U.S.) that people are released from lock down, cases rise. I feel for my friends in California who are just totally deflated after having everything closed again, because nothing else has changed - eventually the stress will become too great, things will reopen, cases will rise, and the whole process will be repeated. I assume they'll reach a point where there will be no businesses left to reopen.

It is devastating, for sure. And it makes people angry and edgy and sad. Who can blame them?

How odd. Who would choose thousands of dollars in medical bills? Well, besides the 1% who can afford it.

No-one. We work the system. Opt for Medicare (govt) to pay for very expensive medical procedures ... but we have to go on a waiting list - so if the waiting list is long for that procedure and we don't want to or can't wait, we may choose to utilise our private health insurance (if we have it, many Australians don't).

I'm pretty sure the rest of the world is not content with the US deciding to just live with it and routinely re-infecting the planet. I'm pretty sure the entire planet already thinks we're *ssholes at this point, so why not just go with it.:rolleyes::confused:

If you are truly interested in knowing how another country feels about coronavirus handling, overall, there is an Aussie poll here.

COVIDpoll: Lowy Institute Polling on Australian Attitudes to the Coronavirus Pandemic

I'm pretty sure the rest of the world is not content with the US deciding to just live with it and routinely re-infecting the planet. I'm pretty sure the entire planet already thinks we're *ssholes at this point, so why not just go with it.:rolleyes::confused:
We do have to learn to live with it. We need to be smart and get through this together. The WHO made that same statement.
Covid-19: 'We must learn to live with the virus'

Exactly ! And we need to continue to practice social distancing and wear masks so that we can perhaps “live with it” and those that don’t ? Well we are seeing some sad results when these are not practiced IMO.

It doesn't matter how someone catches it party or protest or work makes no difference to the virus. It's not the victim's fault.
so in your opinion they don't need to social distance or wear a mask? I'm not following you.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry, but when doing my online grocery shopping yesterday.... toilet paper and lots of other staples were sold out again. Same at CVS. Perhaps that’s means people are hunkering down again?

I feel defeated by the mess we are in. Until we are no longer in an election year and politics don’t influence the information provided to Americans, I can only see things getting worse. The virus, economy, education, mental health. I never dreamed that a country like the USA could plummet the way we have regarding our standing in the world. Sorry for being a downer.. just losing hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate