Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That takes the high prices of big pharma into the stratosphere. :eek:

Is this the drug that the president is going to make free for everyone?

ETA: Yes, it is. I wonder how that's going to happen.

President Trump said he would try to make the drug free to all Americans
The president offered no details on how he planned to make Regeneron's antibody cocktail free and there is no data to suggest that the drug is a cure.
Trump admits that a vaccine won't be available until after the election | Daily Mail Online
They have applied for EUA authorisation.

Regeneron Seeks FDA Emergency Clearance for Covid-19 Therapy

What I meant is how is the president going to make it free (at no cost) for everyone.

I don't think he said he wants to make it available for everyone.
He wants to make it free to everyone. (as per my link)

I think the price will have to come down a lot more than $1.5 millon per 8g infusion for that to happen.
I did notice in sds71's link that they are trialling 2g infusions as well as 8g infusions.

What I meant is how is the president going to make it free (at no cost) for everyone.

I don't think he said he wants to make it available for everyone.
He wants to make it free to everyone. (as per my link)

I think the price will have to come down a lot more than $1.5 millon per 8g infusion for that to happen.
I did notice in sds71's link that they are trialling 2g infusions as well as 8g infusions.

I wonder if he is making attempts so that all of his staff and folks near him at the White House are getting Regeneron right now and expand outside of the 10 in the US who have gotten outside of trials have had?

What type of healthcare do the secret service, the housekeepers, the military folks diagnosed and in his sphere have for getting such paid for, not even considering that they can call the president of Regeneron and get?

So sorry for all the SS agents assigned to him, all those that have to travel with him, the pilots that have to fly him, etc., etc...

Trump says he doesn't believe he's contagious and wants to resume rallies

President Trump says he doesn't believe he is contagious and, less than a week after testing positive for coronavirus, he is ready to resume campaign rallies. He says he is immune from another infection and attributed his recovery to being a "perfect physical specimen."

"I think I’m better ... to a point where I’d love to do a rally tonight. I wanted to do one last night," Trump said. "I feel perfect. There’s nothing wrong."

I wonder if he is making attempts so that all of his staff and folks near him at the White House are getting Regeneron right now and expand outside of the 10 in the US who have gotten outside of trials have had?

What type of healthcare do the secret service, the housekeepers, the military folks diagnosed and in his sphere have for getting such paid for, not even considering that they can call the president of Regeneron and get?

About the Regeneron product: Trump asked for and received a compassionate use exemption for himself, I believe, which is NOT transferable (all of the folks in his orbit would need to apply for the same if they had any interest in using this experimental treatment...which I suspect at least some of them would shy away from due to its untested nature).
www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2020/10/05/regeneron-ceo-says-trump-receiving-experimental-antibody-treatment-creates-very-tough-situation/amp/

Haven't checked in on this thread in a while. Hope everyone is safe and well.

My sister works as an Activities Director at a long-term care facility. The home has done super, having only just had COVID infections last week (I think they have about 100 patients, ballpark estimate). They currently have 5 + patients, 2 are asymptomatic, one is in the hospital. Praying for them all if y'all would join me?

Anyway, she is now home with fever, body aches, bad headache (she says even her migraine meds don't touch it). Doesn't want to eat and has dry heaves. She had just done mandatory testing Mon and it was -. Yesterday, she crawled out of bed and dressed, with much difficulty, and had strep and flu swabs. Both were -. What do y'all think -- they are telling her stay home b/c of symptoms and don't want to do a COVID restest.

P.S. she has no respiratory symptoms whatsoever

Digital coronavirus passport app trialled for international flights

A digital coronavirus passport will allow the resumption of long-haul flights around the world, its creators hope.

The CommonPass phone app allows for users to show they do not have coronavirus, without revealing private health data.

The app standardizes test results so governments can be sure an arrival from overseas has genuinely passed a COVID-19 test recently.

CommonPass is being tested on United Airlines flights between London and Newark, and Cathay Pacific flights between Hong Kong and Singapore.

One of largest COVID-19 vaccines trial hits road block | WGN-TV

The Moderna vaccine is in phase 3, final stage of testing. But doctors raised a red flag — warning more minority participants were needed to determine if the vaccine is effective — the manufacturer agreed.

UIC is getting ready to launch another clinical trial for a COVID-19 vaccine made by Janssen. That study will have satellite sites in Latinx and African American communities.

Haven't checked in on this thread in a while. Hope everyone is safe and well.

My sister works as an Activities Director at a long-term care facility. The home has done super, having only just had COVID infections last week (I think they have about 100 patients, ballpark estimate). They currently have 5 + patients, 2 are asymptomatic, one is in the hospital. Praying for them all if y'all would join me?

Anyway, she is now home with fever, body aches, bad headache (she says even her migraine meds don't touch it). Doesn't want to eat and has dry heaves. She had just done mandatory testing Mon and it was -. Yesterday, she crawled out of bed and dressed, with much difficulty, and had strep and flu swabs. Both were -. What do y'all think -- they are telling her stay home b/c of symptoms and don't want to do a COVID restest.

P.S. she has no respiratory symptoms whatsoever

Was she tested by her employer or the county health department? If she is that sick, and works in LTC, she should get another test. She can schedule one for free at Walgreens.com/coronavirus for a drive up test.

Digital coronavirus passport app trialled for international flights

A digital coronavirus passport will allow the resumption of long-haul flights around the world, its creators hope.

The CommonPass phone app allows for users to show they do not have coronavirus, without revealing private health data.

The app standardizes test results so governments can be sure an arrival from overseas has genuinely passed a COVID-19 test recently.

CommonPass is being tested on United Airlines flights between London and Newark, and Cathay Pacific flights between Hong Kong and Singapore.

As an aside ... you can see at the bottom of this article the way that the Aussie media tries to help people who are mentally suffering, when it is relevant to do so.
I think I have mentioned this before .. it is done in situations that may cause people to feel depressed.

Very sad that he could possibly put the blame of contracting covid on gold star families imo

2020 Election Live Updates: Biden Agrees to Virtual Debate, Setting Up Standoff With Trump

“It’s not a heavy steroid,” Mr. Trump said of the heavy steroid he’s been taking, dexamethasone.

And he theorized that he could have caught the virus from a relative of a fallen service member at a ceremony he hosted for Gold Star families.

Mr. Trump said those relatives insisted on hugging him or thanking him. “I can’t back up and say, ‘give me room, one room, give me 12 feet, stay 12 feet away,’ when they come, they come within an inch of my face sometimes,” he said. “They want to hug me and they want to kiss me. And they do. And frankly, I’m not telling them to back up.”

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Did the Commission on Presidential Debates give a reason for wanting to go to a virtual format? If the President is following CDC guidelines for 10 days of quarantine after symptoms begin, and the requisite number of days fever-free and symptom-free, then why is the Commission changing the format? Surely they could figure out a way to minimize contact between debaters and do PPE for audience and moderator, etc. So am curious about why the Commission made this decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Did the Commission on Presidential Debates give a reason for wanting to go to a virtual format? If the President is following CDC guidelines for 10 days of quarantine after symptoms begin, and the requisite number of days fever-free and symptom-free, then why is the Commission changing the format? Surely they could figure out a way to minimize contact between debaters and do PPE for audience and moderator, etc. So am curious about why the Commission made this decision.
my guess? is because one of the participants does not appear to be quarantining IMO -

Very sad that he could possibly put the blame of contracting covid on gold star families imo

2020 Election Live Updates: Biden Agrees to Virtual Debate, Setting Up Standoff With Trump

“It’s not a heavy steroid,” Mr. Trump said of the heavy steroid he’s been taking, dexamethasone.

And he theorized that he could have caught the virus from a relative of a fallen service member at a ceremony he hosted for Gold Star families.

Mr. Trump said those relatives insisted on hugging him or thanking him. “I can’t back up and say, ‘give me room, one room, give me 12 feet, stay 12 feet away,’ when they come, they come within an inch of my face sometimes,” he said. “They want to hug me and they want to kiss me. And they do. And frankly, I’m not telling them to back up.”

If we do contact tracing properly, it would be important to consider this event as a possibility for how the President was exposed to COVID. Hopefully everyone at this event has been tested and asked to quarantine.

Last edited by a moderator:
coronavirustaskforce-unmasked-500x325.jpg

Vice President Mike Pence meets with members of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, all unmasked, Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2020, in the White House Situation Room. So far, no one in this photo has tested positive for coronavirus.

Gold-Star Family; Other White House Guests May Have Been Put In Harm's Way By Trump - The Seattle Medium

White House Reception for Bereaved Military Families May Also Have Been COVID Spreader Event

The ongoing COVID-19 outbreak among top Republicans, including the president, includes a number of individuals who attended a White House event for Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett on Sept. 26.

According to Military.com, Coast Guard, Adm. Charles W. Ray (who also tested positive) and other senior military officials were present at an event for bereaved military “Gold Star” families that was held indoors at the White House the following day.

Photos from the event show Donald and Melania Trump, who have both since tested positive for COVID-19, standing close to guests. No one in the photos is wearing masks. The New York Times reported that the White House is not doing any contract tracing for events prior to Sept. 28, which would mean that the families present have not been told they were potentially exposed and there has not been any effort made to quarantine any White House officials who were present.

At least two active members of the armed forces who are members of the president’s detail have tested positive in recent days, but it isn’t publicly known whether they were at the Gold Star gathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member