Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #82

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew it was the employer. Schedule an appointment online with Walgreens. Or ask her provider to put in an order for a test. They cannot deny a patient request for a Covid test, especially one with symptoms.

I would just find someone who does tests and not tell them I'd just been tested a few days ago. So I have these symptoms and was exposed to people who tested positive. I can't imagine a refusal to test someone like that.

And someone in here last week was saying everyone here gets the same medical treatment regardless of income or status. lol (You've already got one test. You don't need more even though you most likely have it. Just stay home and go to the hospital if you get critically ill after no treatment.)

New England Journal of Medicine: 'Dangerously incompetent' politicians must go

In a first for the journal, the 35 editors of The New England Journal of Medicine called for Americans to vote out leaders who have not done enough to address the pandemic.

The editorial points to early blunders such as testing shortages and a lack of personal protective equipment for health care workers, but adds that the country continues to fall short today.

The editors called other public health interventions, such as social distancing measures, “lackadaisical at best,” and criticized moves to lift restrictions before the virus’ spread was brought under control.

The editorial also pointed out that mask wearing has been inconsistent across the country, “largely because our leaders have stated outright that masks are political tools rather than effective infection control measures.”

Last edited:
Did the Commission on Presidential Debates give a reason for wanting to go to a virtual format? If the President is following CDC guidelines for 10 days of quarantine after symptoms begin, and the requisite number of days fever-free and symptom-free, then why is the Commission changing the format? Surely they could figure out a way to minimize contact between debaters and do PPE for audience and moderator, etc. So am curious about why the Commission made this decision.

May I suggest that the Commission made this decision “out of an abundance of caution...”?

Did the Commission on Presidential Debates give a reason for wanting to go to a virtual format? If the President is following CDC guidelines for 10 days of quarantine after symptoms begin, and the requisite number of days fever-free and symptom-free, then why is the Commission changing the format? Surely they could figure out a way to minimize contact between debaters and do PPE for audience and moderator, etc. So am curious about why the Commission made this decision.

If we do contact tracing properly, it would be important to consider this event as a possibility for how the President was exposed to COVID. Hopefully everyone at this event has been tested and asked to quarantine.
Correction: 10 days of isolation (due to infection) not exposure (which would be quarantine).
I think most of us do know the difference, just sometimes use the wrong terminology.
So 10 days from the Rose Garden gathering perhaps?

Christopher Ashby feels overwhelmed by the flood of messages every day from all levels of government.
---
Depending where you live in Canada, it's getting harder to navigate conflicting guidelines from various levels of government — because they can often seem completely out of sync

Confused about whether to gather for Thanksgiving this year? You're not alone

“Unfortunately, to not get together with their families and friends for Thanksgiving so that we can take control of this second wave, so that we can all celebrate at Christmas."

I’m a bit confused, is it miraculously going to improve in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Maybe in Canada but unfortunately I believe Christmas in my part of the US will be a lot like Thanksgiving with only those that reside in your household for indoor gatherings.

Outdoors possible for those able to be outside in the cold, such as younger family members hike or meet in a park while social distancing.
Not meet at older family members and sit close inside, cooking together in the kitchen, using same bathroom, etc.

I’d rather face facts now that it’s not possible to safely have an indoor family gathering for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year instead of hoping things will be better by December.

Sure, if you can get a test where you live - but as we’ve seen that’s only for that particular time that you took the test - so when you drive two days later to visit - it’s no longer valid. Do you sit each person 6 feet apart with masks trying to talk (yell) across the room to family members? There’s no way to safely distance more than a few people inside. Do we quickly build an outhouse?
JMO

Last edited:
What I meant is how is the president going to make it free (at no cost) for everyone.

I don't think he said he wants to make it available for everyone.
He wants to make it free to everyone. (as per my link)

I think the price will have to come down a lot more than $1.5 millon per 8g infusion for that to happen.
I did notice in sds71's link that they are trialling 2g infusions as well as 8g infusions.
They have to get EUA before it can be supplied to anyone unless it is in one of the current trials that have been linked so far. Trial participants don't usually pay and are usually paid for volunteering. A lot of students do it to get a little extra money.

To give it as a free treatment, POTUS would just prepurchase like they have done with the vaccine and Remdesivir and then issue it to the individual states for treatment use. MOO.

“Unfortunately, to not get together with their families and friends for Thanksgiving so that we can take control of this second wave, so that we can all celebrate at Christmas."

I’m a bit confused, is it miraculously going to improve in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Maybe in Canada but unfortunately I believe Christmas in my part of the US will be a lot like Thanksgiving with only those that reside in your household for indoor gatherings.

Outdoors possible for those able to be outside in the cold, such as younger family members hike or meet in a park while social distancing.
Not meet at older family members and sit close inside, going in kitchen, using bathroom, etc.

I’d rather face facts now that there won’t be a gathering at the grandparents for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year instead of hoping things will be better by December.
JMO

Maybe "Celebrate at Christmas" means not having loved ones in the hospital or planning funerals? "Celebrate" may have a new, much more humble definition at the close of 2020. Imo

WASHINGTON – In an extraordinary step, the Washington, D.C., Department of Health has released an open letter appealing to all White House staff and anyone who attended a Sept. 26 event in the Rose Garden to seek medical advice and take a COVID-19 test.

The letter indicates a lack of confidence in the White House medical team's own contact tracing efforts regarding an ongoing virus outbreak that has infected President Donald Trump, multiple senior staff members and two U.S. senators, among others.

Co-signed by nine other local health departments from neighboring jurisdictions in Maryland and Virginia, the letter flatly states a belief that contact tracing on the outbreak has been insufficient.
snipped
DC faults White House over Rose Garden event, urges testing

I hope this is still accurate!
South Carolina has lowest COVID-19 transmission rate in the U.S. | wltx.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Today's report (seems kind of high IMO for being the lowest in the country):

SC announces 859 new COVID-19 cases, 12 additional deaths Thursday

149,219 confirmed positive cases (+859)

3,311 confirmed deaths (+12)

"Total Tests Received" - 1,563,307
Percent Positive - 11.8%

SC is at least in the top 4, according to rt.live (I trust them - although it's possible SC's own data are more up to date or a slightly different method was used).

Congratulations in any case (as the difference within the top 5 states is very small). I was happy to see California there too. Whew.

However, sadly, only 13 states are at 1 or below - and one of those states, IMO, is fudging its data a bit. So 12 for sure and 1 maybe.

The other end of the chart is concerning.

rt.live

Maybe "Celebrate at Christmas" means not having loved ones in the hospital or planning funerals? "Celebrate" may have a new, much more humble definition at the close of 2020. Imo
I agree. Perhaps the best gift we can give this year is the gift of health and safety. For ourselves and others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @mickey2942 --she was tested by her employer and her Dr. said they prob did not do it accurately (it was not a n-ph (Deep in the nasal cavities) swab. BUT he would not retest her since she'd just been tested! Neither will health dept. Not sure about Walgreen's I'll ask her. Now they're telling her to isolate 10 days and act as if she has COVID. I hate this !! I went through it too, I know tests can be false ***/false neg but it sure seems like her symptoms are dead ringer for either COVID or flu but both show negs??!!
Can she go to a local ER? Have her call first before going to let them she is symptomatic, not feeling well and wants to be evaluated. She will need to wear a mask. Our hospital only uses PCR nasopharyngeal test. I'm hoping it's the same at her hospital.
It upsets me that the health department won't do a second test with ongoing her symptoms. Tracking outbreaks is imperative!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily