Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those planning to get the vaccine when it's available, will you feel comfortable going without a mask afterwards? I don't like wearing my masks but I'm afraid they've become my 'security blanket'. I may have to wean off them slowly.
I feel the same way. Not to mention, I don’t fully trust vaccinations. :/

For those planning to get the vaccine when it's available, will you feel comfortable going without a mask afterwards? I don't like wearing my masks but I'm afraid they've become my 'security blanket'. I may have to wean off them slowly.

I will continue to wear a mask even after, for the purpose of protecting others

It was announced today. I would assume that the positive test was not too long ago. JMO

[It seems odd to me that this DOL statement is dated October 14.]

STATEMENT FROM U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
WASHINGTON, DC – The U.S. Department of Labor released the following statement:

This afternoon, doctors confirmed that U.S. Secretary of Labor Eugene Scalia’s wife, Trish, tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Mrs. Scalia is experiencing mild symptoms but doing well. This evening, Secretary Scalia received a test and the results were negative; he has experienced no symptoms. . . . .
Date October 14, 2020

Even if I feel safe I’ll wear a mask in public so others who haven’t had access to the vaccine aren’t afraid of me. If vaccinated people don’t wear masks it will be too easy for anti vaccine anti-maskers to walk around letting everyone assume they’ve had the vaccination.

ETA

And make no mistake, I hate wearing masks as much as anyone. My glasses fog up, my skin has allergic reaction to the fabric and I feel like I can’t breath.

[It seems odd to me that this DOL statement is dated October 14.]

STATEMENT FROM U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
WASHINGTON, DC – The U.S. Department of Labor released the following statement:

This afternoon, doctors confirmed that U.S. Secretary of Labor Eugene Scalia’s wife, Trish, tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Mrs. Scalia is experiencing mild symptoms but doing well. This evening, Secretary Scalia received a test and the results were negative; he has experienced no symptoms. . . . .
Date October 14, 2020
That's tomorrow.

Statement from U.S. Department of Labor | U.S. Department of Labor

“We need to get this under control now”: Colorado’s coronavirus test positivity rate rises above 5%
On Saturday, Colorado had its first day with more than 1,000 new COVID-19 cases

The rate, derived from the number of positive results among all tests, comes as Colorado for the first time on Saturday recorded more than 1,000 new cases in a single day. On Tuesday, Colorado also recorded more than 1,000 new cases, according to Polis’ office.

“We need to get this under control now”: Colorado’s coronavirus test positivity rate rises above 5%
Thank you for posting this. At the risk of sounding like a broken record (or deranged person) why is this only making news in the Colorado Sun? Bless their hearts for reporting it but I’ve never even heard of them and I’m somewhat of a news junkie. I loathe conspiracy theories but at some point one really has to wonder at the lack of interest by mainstream Denver news agencies. It’s weird as Heck IMO

Thank you for posting this. At the risk of sounding like a broken record (or deranged person) why is this only making news in the Colorado Sun? Bless their hearts for reporting it but I’ve never even heard of them and I’m somewhat of a news junkie. I loathe conspiracy theories but at some point one really has to wonder at the lack of interest by mainstream Denver news agencies. It’s weird as Heck IMO
I'm not sure why Denver news isn't covering it. Here's Aspen.

Colorado’s coronavirus test positivity rate rises above 5%, hospitalizations surge

As of Tuesday, Colorado’s three-day average positivity rate — the percentage of total tests coming in positive — was 5.4%, and the state recorded 1,000 newly confirmed cases both Saturday and Monday, the highest daily numbers recorded during the pandemic, Polis said.

Colorado’s coronavirus test positivity rate rises above 5%, hospitalizations surge

Giro d'Italia is in danger of being cancelled re: corovavirus. Latest is two teams are now gone, and 8 persons tested positive (not all are riders).

The Giro d'Italia was thrown into chaos Tuesday when two full teams, another overall contender and one more elite rider withdrew from the cycling race following a series of positive tests for the coronavirus.

The Mitchelton-Scott and Jumbo-Visma teams left the race before Stage 10. There are 21 stages.

Coronavirus wreaks havoc on Giro d'Italia

She was sitting right next to positive Kellyanne Conway also. Here's everyone at the White House Rose Garden SCOTUS event now called a likely 'superspreader.' Help us ID them all. has photo/list.

Jeez, looking at those folks and who was where, it's surprising the Rose Garden nominee for supreme court isn't on quarantine. Also, her kids are sitting right next to all those positive folks and were in private meetings with these folks.

ETA: Nevermind, the quarantine timeframe would have been over before the hearings started yesterday.

The nominee already had CoVId, she says (but her kids could still be positive at the ceremony - it would be unusual for her to still be positive, but her kids might have gotten it near the end of her own bout - which was "in the summer").

It's 17 days since the Rose Garden event. Seems to be too long for that to be where she was infected. JMO

Maybe - but not really. When was the actual swab taken? It can be up to 21 days in any case (although unusual). 10 days post exposure is really common - but we simply don't know what the "average" is because...we don't do contact tracing in the U.S. nor are we transparent.

In some nations, everyone has to use an app and be tracked - so that it is way easier to figure out who was first in a scenario (no blame, just scientific inquiry with consequences pertaining thereto).

I feel the same way. Not to mention, I don’t fully trust vaccinations. :/

Vaccinations got rid of small pox and I'm pretty sure that measles and mumps are virtually gone.

But...I am part of a group of people committed to studying all the vaccine research and I will make my own decisions based on our joint assessment (there will probably be individual variables). I won't take a vaccine until I get some good evidence helping me decide which one (I expect that to be Feb/Mar).

If I'm still on WS and not sick with CoVid, I will of course keep posting about it - but right now, I still want to get together links on the non-fatal effects of CoVid - it's no joke.

The nominee already had CoVId, she says (but her kids could still be positive at the ceremony - it would be unusual for her to still be positive, but her kids might have gotten it near the end of her own bout - which was "in the summer").

Maybe - but not really. When was the actual swab taken? It can be up to 21 days in any case (although unusual). 10 days post exposure is really common - but we simply don't know what the "average" is because...we don't do contact tracing in the U.S. nor are we transparent.

In some nations, everyone has to use an app and be tracked - so that it is way easier to figure out who was first in a scenario (no blame, just scientific inquiry with consequences pertaining thereto).

21 days? I think that the 17 days makes an usually long time. JMO

I will continue to wear a mask even after, for the purpose of protecting others

I like my mask. Really, it is so much more hygienic, especially in the winter, cold and flu season. I am glad I can wear one every day to work. My boss would have never let me wear a mask before. And some of the places I have worked, (prisons, homeless shelters) I used to put on extra perfume before entering.

Also, now, with the ongoing craziness I have to deal with every day in our new "normal", I can say, "WTF" all day long in my mask. I can't even begin to tell you the weird, bizarre stuff that happens now, on a routine basis, in what used to be a boring job.

Do we know when the positive test was? If it was today or in the past few days, maybe she was exposed somewhere else.

No matter where she was exposed. Someone wasn't doing something right to protect her. And probably she was not protecting herself either.

There was a lapse in mask wearing/hand hygiene/social distancing/isolating by someone somewhere for this to happen.

IMO

No matter where she was exposed. Someone wasn't doing something right to protect her. And probably she was not protecting herself either.

There was a lapse in mask wearing/hand hygiene/social distancing/isolating by someone somewhere for this to happen.

IMO
I'm not so sure about blaming people who contract this virus.

Wearing a mask, social distancing and washing your hands are preventive measures. That doesn't mean that those who take those measures are immune from the Covid. JMO

I'm not so sure about blaming people who contract this virus.

Wearing a mask, social distancing and washing your hands are preventive measures. That doesn't mean that those who take those measures are immune from the Covid. JMO

I don't see it being about blame. I see it as being about the facts of what happens when there is no/little protection from the virus.

All measures need to be used, in the current situation there. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member