Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard on Denver local ABC news Colorado’s positivity rate is above 5%. They didn’t give any more info than that tho.

“We need to get this under control now”: Colorado’s coronavirus test positivity rate rises above 5%
On Saturday, Colorado had its first day with more than 1,000 new COVID-19 cases

The rate, derived from the number of positive results among all tests, comes as Colorado for the first time on Saturday recorded more than 1,000 new cases in a single day. On Tuesday, Colorado also recorded more than 1,000 new cases, according to Polis’ office.

“We need to get this under control now”: Colorado’s coronavirus test positivity rate rises above 5%

For those planning to get the vaccine when it's available, will you feel comfortable going without a mask afterwards? I don't like wearing my masks but I'm afraid they've become my 'security blanket'. I may have to wean off them slowly.

Not exactly sure how it works with Covid fines, but with other fines here if you don’t pay them they double, and after that you’d get a County Court Judgement and have to pay the full amount plus costs. I think!

Just like seatbelts in some ways.... You can sneak around ever so long....but in the end, it will get you. And violators will not be able to get around it............. It did not have to come to this....blah blah blah.............but human nature overrides common sense forever.........

For those planning to get the vaccine when it's available, will you feel comfortable going without a mask afterwards? I don't like wearing my masks but I'm afraid they've become my 'security blanket'. I may have to wean off them slowly.

DEFINITELY my security blanket until common sense to help others as well as ourselves becomes the law of the land............ I just know I am safer, security blanket or not.

I will wait and see what the consensus is among the medical experts on whether it's time to ditch the mask. JMO

Just like seatbelts in some ways.... You can sneak around ever so long....but in the end, it will get you. And violators will not be able to get around it............. It did not have to come to this....blah blah blah.............but human nature overrides common sense forever.........

Or condoms!

I feel like it will depend on a couple of things for me.

1. How many positive cases in my area

2. What treatments are available at the onset of a positive case

I'm definitely going after a vaccination but I'm so used to wearing a mask. JMO

University of Florida cancels football team activities amid 19 new coronavirus cases | WFLA

Athletic officials from the University of Florida say they have paused football team activities after an increase in positive coronavirus tests among players.

The announcement from UF Athletic Director Scott Stricklin came Tuesday afternoon.

The Gators had 19 positives following Tuesday morning testing, a person familiar with the situation told the Associated Press.
The news comes just one day after Dan Mullen had said he wanted to pack “90,000 screaming fans inside Florida Field.”

I feel like it will depend on a couple of things for me.

1. How many positive cases in my area

2. What treatments are available at the onset of a positive case

I'm definitely going after a vaccination but I'm so used to wearing a mask. JMO
I like your number two.

It's not a bad idea to wait until there is very effective treatments before losing the mask. Vaccines may not be 100% effective so why take a chance. JMO

So sad.... i feel the same.......... i see so many cars parked at my wonderful YMCA, with a great pool....but just can't do it.... I so hope i will change my mind....but not here, in FL, when the numbers just do not decline... I know there are soooo many folks I love in that building, but just can't do it........................yet.

Yep. And I miss it. I used to go from 4:30 to 6:30, that space between work, and "Mom". The best two hours of my day. Bonus, I missed Fox News too!

I will probably take a vaccine eventually if one is shown to work. But since the efficacy might only be 50% I'll probably be wearing masks for a while as we see how this nightmare ends up panning out for us all.

I have a rare disease that makes me higher risk. And I've been knocked flat for over a year from multiple infectious diseases before and I'm honestly terrified to be crippled by an illness again. Particularly one that often describes a lot of what I already deal with normally. I can't imagine willingly amplifying that right now.

@kaitlancollins

The Labor Department just announced that Secretary Scalia's wife Trish has tested positive for coronavirus. Scalia has tested negative, but will work from home "for the time being." Both were at the Rose Garden event and sat behind Melania Trump.

@kaitlancollins

The Labor Department just announced that Secretary Scalia's wife Trish has tested positive for coronavirus. Scalia has tested negative, but will work from home "for the time being." Both were at the Rose Garden event and sat behind Melania Trump.

She was sitting right next to positive Kellyanne Conway also. Here's everyone at the White House Rose Garden SCOTUS event now called a likely 'superspreader.' Help us ID them all. has photo/list.

Jeez, looking at those folks and who was where, it's surprising the Rose Garden nominee for supreme court isn't on quarantine. Also, her kids are sitting right next to all those positive folks and were in private meetings with these folks.

ETA: Nevermind, the quarantine timeframe would have been over before the hearings started yesterday.

Last edited:
@kaitlancollins

Well, that sure took awhile to percolate. Unless, she caught it elsewhere.

@kaitlancollins

Oh boy. How's his mother doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member