Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awh, that's sweet. However, I suspect Santa is cancelled in millions of homes this year. I hope our communities can reach out to those in need to make sure Santa can find every kid.

I think we can find ways to make sure Santa comes to every child - but parents do need to plan. We have Toys for Tots in California (I think it's everywhere) and it makes sure every kid gets something. I have to say that Target looks pretty busy here.

Hello: well, here we are: my husband still refuses to go to the hospital or call a physician: he will get tested tomorrow morning- Frankly, I am a nervous wreck- the virus is so unpredictable. One minute you are fine, the next you are struggling to breathe- I am of course hoping he doesn't have Covid but I have never known him to have a temperature in 30 years since I have known him. And I am kinda po'd that he doesn't care enough about me to take care of this so i don't get it, no matter what it is -hopefully not Covid----We are both in our 70's--- we had a Zoom family discussion tonight and his son was yelling at him about not going to the ER. Thanks for caring.

What would happen if you went out to the car and just sat there (take blankets if necessary)? Until he joined you and you drove him to the ER. Just don't even talk about it any more? Go and see if he'll come with you.

What would happen if you went out to the car and just sat there (take blankets if necessary)? Until he joined you and you drove him to the ER. Just don't even talk about it any more? Go and see if he'll come with you.

It is too darn cold for me to sit in the car- it is about 40 degrees here in the day and freezing at night-- I hate the cold!! I shiver to death

Dr. Seheult talked about that long ago. he spoke of ACE2 receptors in eyes, and BEN from China always wore swim goggles for eye protection in Wuhan back in January/February.. I'll look tomorrow as I really need to get off this computer and eat dinner (it's 9:46!) Here is one quick google results... I haven't even read before posting this.

ACE2 receptors for SARS-CoV-2 in human eye

Spreading SARS-CoV-2 through ocular fluids - CEBM

From the second link above:

Conclusions

• The evidence so far is that conjunctival secretions and tears from patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection can contain virus RNA.
  • Under 1% of patients with the infection will have conjunctivitis. They may pose a greater risk than those without ocular symptoms.
  • Healthcare workers should assume that ocular fluids from all patients are potentially infective.
  • Healthcare workers should wear eye protection when dealing with patients who have or may have COVID-19.

From the second link above:

Conclusions

• The evidence so far is that conjunctival secretions and tears from patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection can contain virus RNA.
  • Under 1% of patients with the infection will have conjunctivitis. They may pose a greater risk than those without ocular symptoms.
  • Healthcare workers should assume that ocular fluids from all patients are potentially infective.
  • Healthcare workers should wear eye protection when dealing with patients who have or may have COVID-19.

Speaking of goggles, these fit over glasses.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086YWJHJ...bd-c71e-4e36-b7d9-4bf2feaeaa41&pd_rd_wg=DZDBt

Pence staff outbreak / Covid surge in 40 States / military hospital activated in Texas / people burning masks

Okay then. Well, about 30% of the population (or more) wants to go ahead and get CoVid. That's not surprising and it's not just the USA. We are not a nation of entirely sensible people (unlike some other nations, where everyone is on the same page).

We all have families and can observe how people are different. Some families are entirely on board with stopping this, wearing masks, cutting down their own mobility, etc. That will stay the same.

And other families are "whatever happens, happens, when it's my time to go - I'm done."

In the US we have those two groups and then also people who truly just don't understand what's going on. I was on a live chat on Youtube (CoVid-related) and several people (all with feminine screen names) were shocked that it was hitting their state or any place at all...as hard as it's hitting. They were surprised that, in their area, hospitals were filling up. It's not they are stupid, they just have busy lives and commitments and don't like negative news.

We true crime people forget that other people turn away from some of the grittier, more horrific parts of life. They just don't go near it. Heck, growing up, I knew families where most members couldn't go to a funeral (didn't want to think about it, didn't want to see grandma dead, etc, etc).

That's why we have policy and do not rely on people's personal reactions to things.

Awh, that's sweet. However, I suspect Santa is cancelled in millions of homes this year. I hope our communities can reach out to those in need to make sure Santa can find every kid.
I think it's going to be difficult to sit on Santa's lap. Mall of America is planning on time slot experiences - bookings begin as early as Oct 28. Our local mall is doing the same. No spur of the moment visits. Different times.

Do you have a local medical team, perhaps connected to LE? I know when my 10 yr old son accidentally quirted something in his eye, he called 911, and they came out - no charge. (I was minutes from home.) Also, my dad had an ER come at no charge. He was not transported.

I think it's going to be difficult to sit on Santa's lap. Mall of America is planning on time slot experiences - bookings begin as early as Oct 28. Our local mall is doing the same. No spur of the moment visits. Different times.

I was reading conversations among my daughters (mothers of young kids who still believe in Santa) and their friends - it was about another topic (going back to school). They are not sending their kids back until after the holidays and they don't intend to go to the mall, either.

It's actually rather touching, how they are planning small, family-focused events, with crafts and baking and lots of hints of Santa - but no mall. There's an open air Christmas train not too far away with socially distanced seating. The Zoo is open at half capacity and has Christmas decor. They were so clever with their alternate ideas.

I was reading conversations among my daughters (mothers of young kids who still believe in Santa) and their friends - it was about another topic (going back to school). They are not sending their kids back until after the holidays and they don't intend to go to the mall, either.

It's actually rather touching, how they are planning small, family-focused events, with crafts and baking and lots of hints of Santa - but no mall. There's an open air Christmas train not too far away with socially distanced seating. The Zoo is open at half capacity and has Christmas decor. They were so clever with their alternate ideas.

oh I can’t wait to go to the mall when this is all over. I’m thinking about all the places I want to go and things I want to do when this is over. I might even go sit on Santa’s lap just for the hell of it ahaha

Do you have a local medical team, perhaps connected to LE? I know when my 10 yr old son accidentally quirted something in his eye, he called 911, and they came out - no charge. (I was minutes from home.) Also, my dad had an ER come at no charge. He was not transported.

I don't know where @ilovewings lives, of course, but...that doesn't happen here. We had a kid faint at our house, by the time the ambulance came, he was fine (he had seen a little blood on a cat that had sutures).

We got bills for that for years!

Here, LE is responding (because too few ambulances right now - that's kind of the way it gets on weekends here) and waiting with the patient until ambulance arrives (and triaging the ambulances). They're free. And when we once had to force my dad to the hospital, the policeman was just the ticket. "Now, sir, we really need you to walk over here, to see if you can walk."

HA. Dad was muttering and "resisting" but he couldn't, really. Too weak, had a visible head wound from a fall, etc.

And he was so embarrassed, he was happy to get in my car and have me drive him to the ER (where, btw, another policemen from his small town showed up to make sure he got in safely). He was 89.

That wasn't the last time...

Outrageous - in my opinion....!

Miami nurse sues doctor colleague, says he ‘deliberately’ infected her with COVID-19

deliberately’ infected her with COVID-19
Howard Cohen
Sat, October 24, 2020, 1:06 PM EDT

The doctor she worked with, she said in the lawsuit, refused to allow the staff at their Biscayne Boulevard medical office to test for COVID-19 without his approval. When she questioned him about a cough he had, she says he got in her face and breathed on her and told her “If I’ve got it, now you’ve got it.”

Jean-Baptiste was so outraged that she decided to hire Attorney John Leighton and filed a lawsuit narrating how she claims Piperato infected her. She also accuses the medical office management of negligence during the coronavirus pandemic.

Jean-Baptiste claims her employer denied her access to the personal protective equipment that she needed to stay safe.

“This is just an example of profits over people, of not wanting to know whether someone is infected because they don’t want to shut the clinic," Leighton said about the case.

Last edited:
A “ by the way” note. I have recovered from my head cold in record time and feel great. I actually followed all your Covid prevention methods of gargling,,,and added zinc pills and vitamin D to my regular vitamin pill regime....and I guess it worked. So a BIG Thank You to all and thanks 10of rods for your kind words the other day. My very adult kids all called today with birthday wishes for my 77nd so that was a huge uplift to my spirits. Our Covid cases are rising in BC Canada. We are now getting numbers like 240-270 a day....blamed on Thanksgiving family gatherings and the fact that an early winter has set in. Our province had an election and the initial results
( before counting mail in ballots) look like a fair landslide to retain our present govt, which held a minority govt but will now form a majority government. They have done well for us with the Covid crisis and it was uplifting to see people respect and honour that with their votes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member