Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grocery stores are preparing for a second wave of panic buying — you should, too

Sun, October 25, 2020, 12:00 PM EDT

...respectfully snipped for focus.....
Following paper products, the LendingTree survey found that fresh produce, frozen food and canned goods saw the biggest jump in demand when the pandemic hit.

Some of the problem, JMOO, is caused by manufacturers cutting back on production. For example, Progresso stopped making nearly half of the soup flavors they used to make. Other manufacturers cut back as well. They might have done it to streamline production of their best products, but it gives people a sense that something is "missing" on the shelves.

https://moneywise.com/a/these-big-brands-are-discontinuing-flavors-because-of-covid-19

COVID vaccine may come in record time, but delivering doses is complex

This month, panelists moved the clock yet another hour closer to a broadly available vaccine, though there was a wider spread than usual among the 15. Some said we're still in the very early morning hours. Others said we're closing in on the goal.

For October, the midway point among our experts' times was 8 a.m., nearing three-quarters of the way there.

2824f4ed-7880-4689-bdcb-edd5171bfa17-topper-20.jpg

I think we can find ways to make sure Santa comes to every child - but parents do need to plan. We have Toys for Tots in California (I think it's everywhere) and it makes sure every kid gets something. I have to say that Target looks pretty busy here.

Target is extending its Black Friday sales throughout the entire month of November--so people don't need to be crowding through the stores. Also, Walmart will be holding three, 4-day sales events, and other stores will be extending Black Friday sales events as well.

Many are offering curbside pickup, or free two-day delivery, and Target pairs with Shipt for free same-day delivery.

I find it interesting that we are focusing so much on masks but wonder why there is pretty much nil out there regarding eye protection. I'm hearing stories of people who are testing positive even though they're doing everything they're supposed to. Is it getting in their eyes? The virus loves the eyes, right? Yet I don't see anything regarding protecting our eyes as part of the protocol. Even on the main COVID page at CDC, it just says "Wear a mask" and shows pics of people with masks with no eye protection. If I am in a room with someone with covid for an extended period, I could be wearing an N95 mask but still get it in my eyes just as easily as my nose, right?

That makes complete sense to me.

Some of the problem, JMOO, is caused by manufacturers cutting back on production. For example, Progresso stopped making nearly half of the soup flavors they used to make. Other manufacturers cut back as well. They might have done it to streamline production of their best products, but it gives people a sense that something is "missing" on the shelves.

https://moneywise.com/a/these-big-brands-are-discontinuing-flavors-because-of-covid-19

Well if Progresso is deliberately cutting back I'll stick to Campbell's. This is Texas style Campbell's...lol..!

The Howdygram

Good morning: My husband's temp is 101.5 and he is going to the hospital. I am really upset he wouldn't go yesterday and he has exposed me to whatever he has, which could be Covid. Thank you for your good wishes. I will post later on.

Target is extending its Black Friday sales throughout the entire month of November--so people don't need to be crowding through the stores. Also, Walmart will be holding three, 4-day sales events, and other stores will be extending Black Friday sales events as well.

Many are offering curbside pickup, or free two-day delivery, and Target pairs with Shipt for free same-day delivery.

I've found everything I want online the last few years. Speaking of, I need to remind some people to get their Christmas lists to me.

Good morning: My husband's temp is 101.5 and he is going to the hospital. I am really upset he wouldn't go yesterday and he has exposed me to whatever he has, which could be Covid. Thank you for your good wishes. I will post later on.

I really hope he's okay. I dunno but if my husband did something like this and so selfishly exposed me to Covid, that would probably be the straw that broke the camel's back. JMO

I really hope he's okay. I dunno but if my husband did something like this and so selfishly exposed me to Covid, that would probably be the straw that broke the camel's back. JMO

I am really angry-- it is so selfish--- if i was 35 years old- well, things would be different
At 75 I ain't goin' nowhere! (LOL) But I am very upset--

My husband just called from the ER-- his temp is normal at the hospital-- that is weird because it was 101.5 this morning at home: anyway he says they will do a Covid test with 12 hour turnaround time- they are going to draw blood and do a chest x-ray ( i think Covid has certain findings -what is called ground glass opacities)----- my guess is they will send him home and let him know what the test shows tomorrow----

Also, though it is pretty cold here in Michigan I am opening some doors to get some ventilation through the house--- that stale air is not a good thing if a person is concerned about Covid!

Last edited:
I am really angry-- it is so selfish--- if i was 35 years old- well, things would be different
At 75 I ain't goin' nowhere! (LOL) But I am very upset--

My husband just called from the ER-- his temp is normal at the hospital-- that is weird because it was 101.5 this morning at home: anyway he says they will do a Covid test with 12 hour turnaround time- they are going to draw blood and do a chest x-ray ( i think Covid has certain findings -what is called ground glass opacities)----- my guess is they will send him home and let him know what the test shows tomorrow----

I find temperature checking a mystery too. I have ALWAYS been a 99.1 or 99.2 normal. Now when I check in for physical therapy twice a week, I am 96 something, or 97.

Anyway... he is where he should be now... Am sure it was a long hard night.

I find temperature checking a mystery too. I have ALWAYS been a 99.1 or 99.2 normal. Now when I check in for physical therapy twice a week, I am 96 something, or 97.

Anyway... he is where he should be now... Am sure it was a long hard night.

I don't get it either: his temp has ranged between 99.5 and 101.5 at home - then he goes to the ER and it is normal. The doctor told him temps can go up and down- still- it does not make sense. I believe he had a temp because he felt so lousy and lethargic- pretty indicative of a temperature I would think

I wonder if people are not wearing a fresh mask every day. I have a "dirty" bag, and a "clean" bag of masks in my car. The mask I wore in the store, gets slipped off, into the "dirty" bag, hand sanitizer, back to driving. I may change masks 3 or 4 times a day, and then the "dirty" masks go directly to washer and dryer.

A mask won't help if it got Covid on it, and you keep using it, getting it damp by breathing, warm...it is literally an "incubator" for the virus. And you are breathing it right in.

I find it interesting that we are focusing so much on masks but wonder why there is pretty much nil out there regarding eye protection. I'm hearing stories of people who are testing positive even though they're doing everything they're supposed to. Is it getting in their eyes? The virus loves the eyes, right? Yet I don't see anything regarding protecting our eyes as part of the protocol. Even on the main COVID page at CDC, it just says "Wear a mask" and shows pics of people with masks with no eye protection. If I am in a room with someone with covid for an extended period, I could be wearing an N95 mask but still get it in my eyes just as easily as my nose, right?

Scary but so very true, IMO.

Way back in March and April, I actually wore adjustable acrylic safety glasses over my glasses whenever I went to Walmart. DH had a few left over from work when he retired. I got self-conscious about it (looking like a weirdo), or now that I think about it, they fogged up. Regardless of why, I stopped wearing them and have often wondered if maybe I should start wearing them again, at least for grocery-store runs.

I wonder if people are not wearing a fresh mask every day. I have a "dirty" bag, and a "clean" bag of masks in my car. The mask I wore in the store, gets slipped off, into the "dirty" bag, hand sanitizer, back to driving. I may change masks 3 or 4 times a day, and then the "dirty" masks go directly to washer and dryer.

A mask won't help if it got Covid on it, and you keep using it, getting it damp by breathing, warm...it is literally an "incubator" for the virus. And you are breathing it right in.
Oh my gosh, another scary but true post! (IMO)

I admit I am guilty of re-wearing a mask that has sat in my car for a day, etc. Bad about it. DH is even worse about it than I am. Got to change that!

Maybe it's just me, but I would never, ever allow my child to be part of this experiment.

Pfizer’s experimental coronavirus vaccine is now being tested in the youngest age group yet -- kids as young as 12.

Pfizer test experimental vaccine on 12-year-olds

I found 197 interventional trials for children less than 17 at clinical trials.gov. Most have not yet started.

Search of: Interventional Studies | Covid19 | Child - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov

I found 12 that are active and not recruiting.

Search of: Active, not recruiting Studies | Interventional Studies | Covid19 | Child - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov

and just 3 that are in phase III

Search of: Active, not recruiting Studies | Interventional Studies | Covid19 | Child | Phase 3 - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov

Things must be bad in Belgium :(

14:36
Doctors with Covid-19 asked to keep working in Liege hospitals

Gavin Lee

BBC Europe reporter

Several hospitals in Belgium have requested that doctors and nurses who test positive for Covid-19, continue to work if they have no symptoms.

The decision has been made by 10 hospitals in Liege, which are dealing with a surge in coronavirus admissions.

The city is one of the worst affected areas of Europe and hospitals have started transferring patients elsewhere and cancelled all non-urgent surgery.

The situation is exacerbated by a lack of doctors and nurses available.

A quarter of medical staff in Liege are reported to be off work with Covid-19. But another 10% of staff who have tested positive but are asymptomic have been asked to continue working.

The president of the Belgian Association of Medical Unions, Dr Philippe Devos, acknowledged the obvious risk of transferring the virus to patients, but says they’ve been left with no choice in order to avoid the hospital system collapsing within days.

Covid: More areas in talks on moving to Tier 3 virus rules - BBC News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member