DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some guidance--my husband feels sick--says he feels chills, temp 99.6
runny nose---we wear masks always when we go to the grocery store or doctor's
office-- i make him wash his hands alot, but sometimes i am not around to
make sure he does it--- it could be a cold--should he get tested? i am concerned

oh no!
I don't want to give advice cause I'm not an expert
I hope it's just a cold - keep us updated

make sure he does it--- it could be a cold--should he get tested? i am concerned

From everything I've heard, Covid generally results in respiratory issues. Cough, Sore Throat, Loss Of Taste. And temperature Over 100.

I'm not a doctor obviously, but sounds more like a cold or common flu. If you're able to get a test, do it. Will put your mind at ease.

From everything I've heard, Covid generally results in respiratory issues. Cough, Sore Throat, Loss Of Taste. And temperature Over 100.

I'm not a doctor obviously, but sounds more like a cold or common flu. If you're able to get a test, do it. Will put your mind at ease.

Thanks for your response--testing sounds like a good idea

Please, please, please let this be true.....Daily Mail is reporting information from an NHS trust that the NHS has been told to prepare for a mass staff vaccination plan within weeks. Presumably this is the Astrazeneca/Oxford Uni vaccine which I believe is due to release data about its large scale trial very soon in November. Does the UK government already know that the data is positive? I so want this so we can at least protect the staff and get the health service functioning again so it can start to reach all the people suffering with cancer, strokes and heart problems whose treatment has been so disrupted.
'Coronavirus vaccine in weeks' for NHS workers | Daily Mail Online

Is it this trial that @SouthAussie posted about on last thread?

"Young, healthy people will be deliberately infected with covid-19 in the first ever human challenge trial, set to begin at a London hospital in January. The study, announced today, will recruit up to 50 healthy volunteers between 18 and 30. The UK government has pledged to invest £33.6 million ($44 million) in the trial, which will be carried out in partnership with hVIVO, a company with experience in human viral challenge trials. It will take place at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, if it gets ethical and regulatory approval. Volunteers will be paid, isolated for the duration of the study, and monitored for up to a year afterwards to check for any side effects.

COVID-19 Volunteer Trials - UK COVID Challenge

Dozens of volunteers will be deliberately infected with covid-19 in the UK

I'm an amateur, but if he's in a high risk category, I'd suggest you get him tested ASAP. I feel like time is of the essence with this virus. If he is positive, you'll be in glad he got fast attention. If he's negative, you can rest easy.

Take care, so sorry to hear your hubby is not feeling well. Scary times for sure. Not sure of what state you are in and if they may require specifics for testing e.g. 100.4 was the threshold IIRC for some so good that you are taking his temp and tracking such.

I can only suggest to watch and contact your doc as needed, and don't forget there are folks here who have gone through it and some are posting on another thread at WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus and testing as another place to seek answers?

Keep us up to date and hope he feels better in the am.

ETA: Do most folks here now have a home pulse oximeter? I purchased one and think it's as important these days as a thermometer.

Last edited:
@ilovewings , It was suggested to bring this information to the main thread.

An excellent read MOO on management protocol/critical care treatment cascade that Dr. Campbell reviewed in his video. Here is the original link to such for those that interested. It's 30 pages of treatment progressions for different stages and is eye opening how far we have come, and how so much else is behind the scenes.

Just one snapshot from one University Hospital at Virginia Medical School - I'm bookmarking! If nothing else, a print out if I/you ever need... although I'm pretty much a hermit these days.

Here is just one screenshot as there are lots of visuals, and expectedly points out that the virus effects to the immune dysregulation is what is the worst effects... and really escalates at day 14-28. And has information of what they recommend for treatments at home. (of course, contact your doc, this is not specific medical advice for anyone)

View attachment 268309

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_pub...cine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf

Last edited:
thanks- i will

You might want to check out these resources, ILW.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Coronavirus Self-Checker
Updated Sept. 10, 2020

The Coronavirus Self-Checker is an interactive clinical assessment tool that will assist individuals ages 13 and older, and parents and caregivers of children ages 2 to 12 on deciding when to seek testing or medical care if they suspect they or someone they know has contracted COVID-19 or has come into close contact with someone who has COVID-19.

The online, mobile-friendly tool asks a series of questions, and based on the user’s responses, provides recommended actions and resources.

Re symptoms:
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Symptoms

Watch for symptoms
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
  • Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Headache
  • New loss of taste or smell
  • Sore throat
  • Congestion or runny nose
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhea
This list does not include all possible symptoms. CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19.

When to seek emergency medical attention

Look for emergency warning signs* for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
  • Trouble breathing
  • Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
  • New confusion
  • Inability to wake or stay awake
  • Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all possible symptoms. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.

Call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility: Notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19.

You might want to check out these resources, ILW.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Coronavirus Self-Checker
Updated Sept. 10, 2020

The Coronavirus Self-Checker is an interactive clinical assessment tool that will assist individuals ages 13 and older, and parents and caregivers of children ages 2 to 12 on deciding when to seek testing or medical care if they suspect they or someone they know has contracted COVID-19 or has come into close contact with someone who has COVID-19.

The online, mobile-friendly tool asks a series of questions, and based on the user’s responses, provides recommended actions and resources.

Re symptoms:
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Symptoms

Watch for symptoms
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
  • Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Headache
  • New loss of taste or smell
  • Sore throat
  • Congestion or runny nose
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhea
This list does not include all possible symptoms. CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19.

When to seek emergency medical attention

Look for emergency warning signs* for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
  • Trouble breathing
  • Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
  • New confusion
  • Inability to wake or stay awake
  • Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all possible symptoms. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.

Call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility: Notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19.

Thank you- that is very helpful!

Take care, so sorry to hear your hubby is not feeling well. Scary times for sure. Not sure of what state you are in and if they may require specifics for testing e.g. 100.4 was the threshold IIRC for some so good that you are taking his temp and tracking such.

I can only suggest to watch and contact your doc as needed, and don't forget there are folks here who have gone through it and some are posting on another thread at WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus and testing as another place to seek answers?

Keep us up to date and hope he feels better in the am.

ETA: Do most folks here now have a home pulse oximeter? I purchased one and think it's as important these days as a thermometer.

Glad you mentioned the pulse ox- i happen two have two of them!!

@ilovewings , It was suggested to bring this information to the main thread.

An excellent read MOO on management protocol/critical care treatment cascade that Dr. Campbell reviewed in his video. Here is the original link to such for those that interested. It's 30 pages of treatment progressions for different stages and is eye opening how far we have come, and how so much else is behind the scenes.

Just one snapshot from one University Hospital at Virginia Medical School - I'm bookmarking! If nothing else, a print out if I/you ever need... although I'm pretty much a hermit these days.

Here is just one screenshot as there are lots of visuals, and expectedly points out that the virus effects to the immune dysregulation is what is the worst effects... and really escalates at day 14-28. And has information of what they recommend for treatments at home. (of course, contact your doc, this is not specific medical advice for anyone)

View attachment 268309

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_pub...cine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf

Thank you for posting this. This virus tricks us by being highly contagious before symptoms occur and even when symptoms are mild.

Then it tricks us again about how long it takes to really hit the vulnerable parts of the body.

Most of us will survive CoVid, but the key symptoms may indicate where we'll have ongoing problems (fatigue, respiratory, palpitations, dizziness - none of these happen without cause).

I agree with everyone else - both of you should go get tested. It's not a big deal (the actual test) although setting it up can be daunting in some places.

If he does have CoVid, it's mild so far. And, it's likely that he would be sent home with OTC treatments (be sure he gets a bit of aspirin unless there's a doctor's reason not to). Vitamin D, Zin and - most important - distancing from you and wearing a mask. NAC is shown to be effective, and I would go ahead and get some from Amazon and take it.

The thing is to try and stay calm. It's probably a regular cold. We are all under a lot of stress whether we know it or not.

If he has a cough, I'd try and get my doctor to order a chest x-ray. If he doesn't develop a cough, that's a very good thing.

ETA to fix error: NAC not NAD.

N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC)

I have it on hand in case of immune crash. Also Vitamin C which I don't take every day.

The thing is, if we get one illness (cold or flu) it may make us more susceptible to CoVId...

Last edited:
I agree with everyone else - both of you should go get tested. It's not a big deal (the actual test) although setting it up can be daunting in some places.

If he does have CoVid, it's mild so far. And, it's likely that he would be sent home with OTC treatments (be sure he gets a bit of aspirin unless there's a doctor's reason not to). Vitamin D, Zin and - most important - distancing from you and wearing a mask. NAD is shown to be effective, and I would go ahead and get some from Amazon and take it.

The thing is to try and stay calm. It's probably a regular cold. We are all under a lot of stress whether we know it or not.

If he has a cough, I'd try and get my doctor to order a chest x-ray. If he doesn't develop a cough, that's a very good thing.

What is NAD? Remember when you had the sniffles and it was just a cold or the flu- now --it could be life and death- i know he won't wear a mask at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm