Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #85

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

So, in fast math, 1% fatality rate per case (however, the new rise in cases isn't reflected yet). So we can say 1% case mortality rate at present.

Mind-boggling. I hope people realize just how many of us would die if that rate stays steady (and frankly, it's a low/optimistic rate). Somehow 1-2% sounds like good odds to some people. If I were a Roman legionnaire and I learned that 1 in 100 of my occupation was to be killed, I'd feel a bit upset or anxious.

So sorry - it's NAC

N-A-C Sustain®

N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC

Promotes immune reactions involving Glutathione. Apparently, taking glutathione directly doesn't work as well as taking the precursor (NAC).

Quercetin and Zinc also go together.

People with healthy immune systems already have Zinc, D and Glutathione going on - but as we age and for many other reasons, not everyone has a healthy immune system.

So sorry - it's NAC

N-A-C Sustain®

N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC

Promotes immune reactions involving Glutathione. Apparently, taking glutathione directly doesn't work as well as taking the precursor (NAC).

People with healthy immune systems already have Zinc, D and Glutathione going on - but as we age and for many other reasons, not everyone has a healthy immune system.

Thank you

Pence's chief of staff and another tests positive

Mike Pence's chief of staff Marc Short, other top aide test positive for COVID-19

Two of Vice President Mike Pence's top deputies have tested positive for the coronavirus: chief of staff Marc Short and political aide Marty Obst.

"Today, Marc Short, Chief of Staff to the Vice President, tested positive for COVID-19, began quarantine and assisting in the contact tracing process," Devin O'Malley, press secretary for the vice president, said in a statement.

ABC News has also learned at least one additional staffer in the vice president's office has tested positive in the last few days and several staffers are now quarantining."

ETA:

Pence chief of staff Marc Short tests positive for coronavirus

While Vice President Pence is considered a close contact with Mr. Short, in consultation with the White House Medical Unit, the Vice President will maintain his schedule in accordance with the CDC guidelines for essential personnel.— Pence press secretary Devin O'Malley :eek::oops:o_O

A Maine city is installing mailboxes loaded with free face masks throughout the community.

The city of Lewiston says workers are installing 12 mailbox mask dispensers across the city. Six of them will be downtown. The mailboxes will have individually wrapped masks inside.

The city says the masks are expected to be in the mailboxes starting Monday. Lewiston, the second-largest city in the state with a population of about 36,000, is using Keep Maine Healthy grant money for the effort.

Maine city getting mailbox mask dispensers

So sorry - it's NAC

N-A-C Sustain®

N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC

Last edited:
I hope this latest outbreak doesn't impact the Covid Task Force that Pence is in charge of. They're doing a spectacular job, so I'd hate for the spread of the virus to get out of control. JMO.

Apparently the campaign rallies are in the highest risk category as per the CDC.
I wonder if the Covid Task Force approved the rallies ... or perhaps that doesn't matter. It is out of their jurisdiction.

Campaign rallies fall within a category the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention labels “highest risk” for the potential to spread the virus that already has claimed the lives of more than 222,000 Americans.
Trump’s campaign made stops nationwide. Then coronavirus cases surged.

Outbreak in Pence's office is up to 3.

At least three top advisers to Vice President Mike Pence have tested positive for the coronavirus in the last few days, people briefed on the matter said, raising fresh questions about the safety protocols at the White House, where masks are not routinely worn.

Devin O’Malley, a spokesman for Mr. Pence, who leads the White House coronavirus task force, said that the vice president’s chief of staff, Marc Short, had tested positive. A person briefed on the diagnosis said it was received on Saturday.

“Vice President Pence and Mrs. Pence both tested negative for Covid-19 today, and remain in good health,” Mr. O’Malley said. “While Vice President Pence is considered a close contact with Mr. Short, in consultation with the White House Medical Unit, the vice president will maintain his schedule in accordance with the C.D.C. guidelines for essential personnel.”

The statement did not come from the White House medical unit, but instead from a press aide. Two people briefed on the matter said that the White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows, had sought to keep news of the outbreak from becoming public.

Covid-19 Live Updates: Three Pence Aides Test Positive

Outbreak in Pence's office is up to 3.

At least three top advisers to Vice President Mike Pence have tested positive for the coronavirus in the last few days, people briefed on the matter said, raising fresh questions about the safety protocols at the White House, where masks are not routinely worn.

Devin O’Malley, a spokesman for Mr. Pence, who leads the White House coronavirus task force, said that the vice president’s chief of staff, Marc Short, had tested positive. A person briefed on the diagnosis said it was received on Saturday.

“Vice President Pence and Mrs. Pence both tested negative for Covid-19 today, and remain in good health,” Mr. O’Malley said. “While Vice President Pence is considered a close contact with Mr. Short, in consultation with the White House Medical Unit, the vice president will maintain his schedule in accordance with the C.D.C. guidelines for essential personnel.”

The statement did not come from the White House medical unit, but instead from a press aide. Two people briefed on the matter said that the White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows, had sought to keep news of the outbreak from becoming public.

Covid-19 Live Updates: Three Pence Aides Test Positive

Well, off to bed to see tomorrow others that may be positive within the next 24 hours.

Sheez

Apparently the campaign rallies are in the highest risk category as per the CDC.
I wonder if the Covid Task Force approved the rallies ... or perhaps that doesn't matter. It is out of their jurisdiction.

Campaign rallies fall within a category the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention labels “highest risk” for the potential to spread the virus that already has claimed the lives of more than 222,000 Americans.
Trump’s campaign made stops nationwide. Then coronavirus cases surged.

I suppose they should be okay as long as they don’t hold any rallies in California.

They have mandatory requirements for gatherings in CA. They have rules for singing, chanting and shouting. You must do so quietly, at or below a normal speaking voice. I kid you not. I wonder what happens if you don’t obey.

Mandatory Requirements for All Gatherings

CDPH Guidance for the Prevention of COVID-19 Transmission for Gatherings 10 09

You would think that the WH would have the best health security procedures with COVID-19 being so contagious. The country can't afford to have its top levels of government compromised.

I really don't understand how this could happen if they were following the proper CDC protocols. So, I guess that they weren't. I mean, we've all seen the footage from the rallies and other public events. It just seems incredibly irresponsible and preventable. The unnecessary politicizing of masks and social distancing is mostly to blame, in my opinion.

I suppose they should be okay as long as they don’t hold any rallies in California.

They have mandatory requirements for gatherings in CA. They have rules for singing, chanting and shouting. You must do so quietly, at or below a normal speaking voice. I kid you not. I wonder what happens if you don’t obey.

Um...Surely, this is a good thing. The virus is spread by shouting, singing and speaking. Especially in enclosed spaces. Are you implying that it's not a good thing to have these public health rules set up for the public to follow?

I guess if they are wearing masks it wouldn't be a problem. From what I have seen, there are loads of people not wearing masks at the campaign rallies - except some who are directly behind the president in direct camera view (in backdrop position, when the cameras are faced directly at the president from a front-on position).

Last edited:

Are you familiar with the initial CDC “choir report“', etc.? (Washington)

Or the initial Daegu, SK clusters? Vocal amplification is clearly an elevated transmission factor.

Um...Surely, this is a good thing. The virus is spread by shouting, singing and speaking. Especially in enclosed spaces. Are you implying that it's not a good thing to have these public health rules set up for the public to follow?
Right!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members