Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say, a Facebook friend showed herself proudly getting her vaccine today, at the VA. Not a veteran, not a nurse, or a doctor, or even housekeeping...social worker, who has been at home since March on telework.

It was so impossibly tone deaf, I choose to not say a word. While my 80 year old, veteran, disabled, has no idea of when he will get a vaccine.

That is just so flawed, it's hard to understand how it could have happened. It reveals failures on the part of administration at the VA all the way up the chain to those who are responsible for sending vaccines across the country. Surely, there should have been a basic understanding that the first vaccines need to be given to the most vulnerable, health care workers who are on the covid floors, elder/seniors and others who are especially vulnerable. .. not those who can work from home, who do administration, who are politically connected or who can buy their place in line.

Moral ethics have been breached when the first vaccinations are given outside of the most vulnerable.

Regarding Christmas: the best advice I have heard is to remember that you are not only inviting people to your home, you are inviting every person each of them has been in contact with as well.

Even if you are only inviting family members, stop and consider the coworkers and friends that each of your family members have been in contact with in the past two weeks. Then picture all of those people in your home for Christmas dinner.

I would much rather skip Christmas gatherings this year, and have everyone be safe. We can have an extra special time next year instead.

Raincheck Christmas 2019!

I would much rather skip Christmas gatherings this year, and have everyone be safe. We can have an extra special time next year instead.

Raincheck Christmas 2019!
Patients keep asking me if my son and family are flying home, and when I tell them no, they express dismay about how sad/disappointed I must be.

I tell them I am happy that are smart enough not to travel. But people just don’t get it!

Mumps was a painful, horrible experience when I was around 10. My cheeks were huge! I couldn't eat, walk, sit or even lay comfortably from the pain. My younger sister had slight swelling on one side and older brother had no symptoms. Thankful for that vaccine. Chicken pox went around school when I was about 4th grade. I knew it meant quite a few days off from school so when my younger sister started breaking out on her stomach, my older brother and I rubbed our stomachs with her! Sure enough mom had us 3 home with chicken pox, we seemed to have had some fun times during our days off. My 10 month old daughter got Chicken pox from my younger brother. She got through it pretty good since I used remedies for any fever and itching. Her two younger siblings (now adults) were offered the rather new Chicken pox vaccine so my husband and I agreed to it.

COVID-19: Tier 4 lockdown announced for London and most of South East - with Christmas bubbles cancelled for millions

Millions of people across southeast England will no longer be able to mix with other households at Christmas, with a new Tier 4 level of COVID restrictions - equivalent to a full lockdown - to come into force tomorrow.

In a dramatic move, prompted by fears over a new strain of coronavirus, all those areas currently in Tier 3 in the South East - including London - will move to the new Tier 4 on Sunday.

And, in further stark action across the rest of England, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced the planned five-day easing of restrictions over the festive period will now be limited to a single day.

Whats the point in faking a nurse getting the Covid vaccine. Don't they have a choice to get one or not? Stupid if he showed up to fake. Also I think nursing home staff should get the vaccine even if residents need to wait. Aren't these homes closed to public except for certain issues? Just a thought, kind of makes sense if there's some shortage.

When was that Polio gun vaccine used? I remember in school we lined up for some kind of gun looking shot in the arm but no clue what it was. That was horrible waiting in line watching, geez. Plus I have a strange circle mark on my leg as I remember Mom saying she had our leg done because of scarring?
Your Mom was smart. I feel like my smallpox scar might as well be an arm tattoo that says “yep. I’m old”.

An event just reported from New Orleans - apparently a man with Covid-19 symptoms boarded a United Airlines flight in Orlando, FL, bound for Los Angeles. The man apparently died on the plane, and some concerned passengers on the flight gave him CPR, including mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. The concerned passengers thought the man had a heart attack. The flight, United 591, was diverted to New Orleans. The deceased man's wife admitted that he had Covid-19 symptoms - she apparently held that back until EMTs on the ground questioned her - but they both chose to fly anyway. Now there is likely a mass exposure, with almost certain transmission to the passengers involved in trying to revive him. Selfish choices resulting in risk of disease and death for many... Passenger on United flight dies, had COVID-like symptoms

Mainland Scotland in full lockdown from Boxing Day

The majority of Scotland will be put into a full lockdown from Boxing Day, Nicola Sturgeon has announced.

The First Minister said mainland Scotland will be moved into level four for three weeks amid fears a new variant strain is accelerating the spread of coronavirus.

Orkney, Shetland and the Western Isles will be moved from level one into level three.

The relaxation of the coronavirus rules over the festive season have also been scaled back to Christmas Day only.

We are not even going to start vaccinating until March. The Prime Minister refuses to move his preplanned schedule. Nobody seems to be kicking up a fuss about that though.

Myself, I will be vaccinated really late in the schedule. Probably late next year - at a guess.

Federal acting chief medical officer Paul Kelly has welcomed the approval of coronavirus vaccine Moderna in the US but will not commit to rolling out doses faster in Australia, saying emergency use of the jab is currently not necessary.

"In terms of timing they do of course need to get through the regulatory approvals here in Australia," Professor Kelly said, adding the local independent Therapeutic Goods Administration is in "constant" discussions with the FDA and other international groups.

"We’ve said all along we’re aiming for March. That will be on the back of the TGA giving their full approval. We’re not going to rush that," he said on Saturday. "Safety is our first priority."

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...on-t-rush-local-roll-out-20201219-p56oxj.html

Side note: Whenever I see "smh.com" I think "shaking my head" dot com! I know it's Sydney Morning Herald, though.

Brainwashing

NEVER NEVER NEVER--- as long as so many people continue with their reckless behavior this wicked virus will continue to spread exponentially and kill more of us: that is a certainty: We as a country learned nothing from the 1918 Spanish Flu that killed 675,000 in America: Today we have so many more tools to manage it, and yet we have a segment of the population that refuses to believe science: they would rather believe politicians.

A very sad commentary on the state of this country.

Just received my vaccination. I drove to a hospital in another city. to get it because the hospital system where I am employed was booked up into January.

After receiving the vaccine we are asked to wait 15 minutes, during which time an appointment is scheduled for the 2nd vaccination 3 weeks later.

Yay! Congratulations! I expect you will let us know if you have side effects.

Whats the point in faking a nurse getting the Covid vaccine. Don't they have a choice to get one or not? Stupid if he showed up to fake. Also I think nursing home staff should get the vaccine even if residents need to wait. Aren't these homes closed to public except for certain issues? Just a thought, kind of makes sense if there's some shortage.

I thought about that and maybe some medical facilities are making it a requirement. I know my sister had to get the flu shot and she's a nurse.

Maybe that guy just really didn't want the vaccine and he and the nurse who administered it thought they'd make it look like he had it so he wouldn't get in trouble?

That's just a wild guess. It just seemed odd when the hospital said they gave him another one. If it wasn't faked, I would think that might be dangerous. Two doses at once. But, it kind of looked fake to me. Of course, perhaps it's just a bad angle.

Just received my vaccination. I drove to a hospital in another city. to get it because the hospital system where I am employed was booked up into January.

After receiving the vaccine we are asked to wait 15 minutes, during which time an appointment is scheduled for the 2nd vaccination 3 weeks later.

Good! And congrats! You're on the way to putting this thing behind you. I hope to be so lucky in the near future. After my mom, of course.

How cute is this? CNN did a covid Sesame Street kids questions today. A child asked about if Santa would still come because of the coronavirus... he’s how Dr. Fauci answered...

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1340318890623201280

Dr. Fauci on @CNN

: "I took a trip up there to the North Pole, and I vaccinated Santa Claus myself. I measured his level of immunity, and he is good to go. He can come down the chimney. He can leave the presents. You have nothing to worry about."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss