Countdown to Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be so glad when this trial is over and the accused will by in prison forever. It will free up my days like nothing before. I have spent hundreds of hours that I will never get back, reading about this case. I know I am obsessed, and it has lasted way too long. Two years ago I was on vacation with my best girlfriends, in Las Vegas, and spent most of the time on their computer in the guest room. I am ashamed of that, and of the time I spend now. Think of the things I will accomplish..........!

No kidding ~ I'll be able to get my flower beds in order again, and actually keep the weeds out of my veggie garden NEXT year - cause it won't happen this year again........that's the only thing that has me P.O'd about this starting date.

It's interferring with my outside time that I live for ~

Heck, I may even get my bedroom picked up and things put away and know what it is like to actually sleep in that bed again.......
And, be able to make plans again without taking into consideration Casey's schedule !!!

Thank you, I guess I should have kept reading, but George has no legal standing in this case; Casey was of age when Caylee was murdered.

What if George is going to fall on his sword and make some sort of confession, unlikely I know, but why would he need to do that as soon as possible and then stage a presser through his attorney...makes no sense, but nothing does in this case.

I'm looking forward to the trial and the whole process in this case, from choosing a jury, opening statements, trial testimony, to the jury's decision, to the penalty phase and sentencing.

I'm going to be very interested in who's selected to be on the jury. We won't know their names, but we'll know them as juror #1, juror #2, etc. We'll know a little bit about them - their sex, age, occupation, marital status, and if they have children. A juror might be described as "juror #1, male, age 37, accountant, married, children", or "juror #2, female, age 59, secretary, married, children - grandchildren." Just from those descriptions we'll have a somewhat of a handle on who's on the jury.

The opening statements by the the state and defense will be very interesting. In the state's case, they'll be giving an outline of what they believe happened and what evidence they'll present to support that finding.

I'm hoping, as I know others here are too, that a lot of questions will be answered as the trial proceeds.

In a perfect scenario, the cameras in the courtroom would be split into 3 screens............one camera on Casey, one on the witness on the stand, and one on the attorney asking questions of the witness. Perhaps a 4th camera on Cindy and George if they're allowed in the courtroom.

I would love to see Greta Van Susteran come back to covering this case during the trial. Of all the news commentators that have covered crime, she presents a calm recitation of the facts and asks the questions we all want answers to.

I'm looking forward to the trial and the whole process in this case, from choosing a jury, opening statements, trial testimony, to the jury's decision, to the penalty phase and sentencing.

I'm going to be very interested in who's selected to be on the jury. We won't know their names, but we'll know them as juror #1, juror #2, etc. We'll know a little bit about them - their sex, age, occupation, marital status, and if they have children. A juror might be described as "juror #1, male, age 37, accountant, married, children", or "juror #2, female, age 59, secretary, married, children - grandchildren." Just from those descriptions we'll have a somewhat of a handle on who's on the jury.

The opening statements by the the state and defense will be very interesting. In the state's case, they'll be giving an outline of what they believe happened and what evidence they'll present to support that finding.

I'm hoping, as I know others here are too, that a lot of questions will be answered as the trial proceeds.

In a perfect scenario, the cameras in the courtroom would be split into 3 screens............one camera on Casey, one on the witness on the stand, and one on the attorney asking questions of the witness. Perhaps a 4th camera on Cindy and George if they're allowed in the courtroom.

I would love to see Greta Van Susteran come back to covering this case during the trial. Of all the news commentators that have covered crime, she presents a calm recitation of the facts and asks the questions we all want answers to.

CANNOT wait for opening statements. CANNOT wait for witnesses, eg. Cindy, George especially, Lee, Amy, Tony (who partied with KC on June 20th when she was undercover looking for Caylee).

She is done. That is it. IMO. But I do believe they can find an impartial jury. I really do.

I want to hear what the state says about the actual murder and their feelings on when they think it happened. I think it was in the afternoon - in the light of day - when she was on her errand list and Caylee was on that list, just another errand.

CANNOT wait for opening statements. CANNOT wait for witnesses, eg. Cindy, George especially, Lee, Amy, Tony (who partied with KC on June 20th when she was undercover looking for Caylee).

She is done. That is it. IMO. But I do believe they can find an impartial jury. I really do.

I want to hear what the state says about the actual murder and their feelings on when they think it happened. I think it was in the afternoon - in the light of day - when she was on her errand list and Caylee was on that list, just another errand.

Believe it or not, there have been many defendants throughout time who were even more hated and with more press coverage than Casey.

Scott Peterson comes to mind, he not only murdered his wife, but his unborn child. Sharon Rocha, (Laci's mom), was one of the most notable people who the public had an absolutely huge, nationwide outpouring of sympathy, unlike the Anthony's horrid behavior. Unlike Casey, Scott was also married, having an affair when he committed his double-murder. Laci was found in similar condition as Caylee, so that evens out both cases as far as the horror factor. Scott was still able to find an impartial jury and was sentenced to Death.

Casey is a simple standard case of mother-doesn't-want-baby; murders baby due to jealousy and spite. Between the simplicity of her case and the fact that HHJP is presiding, she will most definitely have a fair trial.

What if George is going to fall on his sword and make some sort of confession, unlikely I know, but why would he need to do that as soon as possible and then stage a presser through his attorney...makes no sense, but nothing does in this case.

After Baez getting George to admit during testimony that he would cross all legal lines barring none if it meant saving Casey's life, that move would undoubtedly be the dumbest one Baez has ever made.

But we do know with Baez, nothing is impossible. ;)

Believe it or not, there have been many defendants throughout time who were even more hated and with more press coverage than Casey.

Scott Peterson comes to mind, he not only murdered his wife, but his unborn child. Sharon Rocha, (Laci's mom), was one of the most notable people who the public had an absolutely huge, nationwide outpouring of sympathy, unlike the Anthony's horrid behavior. Unlike Casey, Scott was also married, having an affair when he committed his double-murder. Laci was found in similar condition as Caylee, so that evens out both cases as far as the horror factor. Scott was still able to find an impartial jury and was sentenced to Death.

Casey is a simple standard case of mother-doesn't-want-baby; murders baby due to jealousy and spite. Between the simplicity of her case and the fact that HHJP is presiding, she will most definitely have a fair trial.
Yup! And... Scott's parents- Lee & Jackie Peterson (the equivalent of the A's) also lost a grandchild.

Yup! And... Scott's parents- Lee & Jackie Peterson (the equivalent of the A's) also lost a grandchild.

BTW, I meant to ask on my last post and then I forgot, but when is this supposed press conference with George going to be taking place?

I think the whole thing is a bunch of showboating hullabaloo, myself, but we'll see.

After Baez getting George to admit during testimony that he would cross all legal lines barring none if it meant saving Casey's life, that move would undoubtedly be the dumbest one Baez has ever made.

But we do know with Baez, nothing is impossible. ;)

BBM~~~

This is NOT new to anyone who has followed this case from day one..as He has obviously done everything he could to undermine investigations on his daughters activities, her statements and evidence..and OH yeah..Caylee is now proven to be DEAD..tho even today I dont think either Cindy or George have acknowledged Caylee's demise..tho one has to wonder why they would have even participated in Caylee's Memorial???..That still begs to question the Parent's agenda??

Georges confession he would break laws to protect his daughter is NOT NEW really :banghead:

BBM~~~

This is NOT new to anyone who has followed this case from day one..as He has obviously done everything he could to undermine investigations on his daughters activities, her statements and evidence..and OH yeah..Caylee is now proven to be DEAD..tho even today I dont think either Cindy or George have acknowledged Caylee's demise..tho one has to wonder why they would have even participated in Caylee's Memorial???..That still begs to question the Parent's agenda??

Georges confession he would break laws to protect his daughter is NOT NEW really :banghead:

I have followed the case from day one, and yes, this is new but more importantly, powerful.

George has "acted" various ways, once upon a time it appeared as though he really was going to stand for Caylee and the truth, but once Cindy bore her claws into him, all of that vanished.

What makes this new is that not only did George verbalize his stance of willingness to commit illegal crimes, but he also did so while under oath and on court record.

BTW, I meant to ask on my last post and then I forgot, but when is this supposed press conference with George going to be taking place?

I think the whole thing is a bunch of showboating hullabaloo, myself, but we'll see.
I can't answer that but who believes a word GA has so say anyway?? Maybe he's going to confess which begs the question- What parent allows their child to rot in jail for nearly 3 years, before confessing?
A pathetic liar is who IMO.

Okay spill the beans RR0004. What did s/he hear?

In case RR0004 doesn't swing back around anytime soon.....

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6194447#post6194447"]2011.03.07 Motions Hearing - Page 41 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Because he's entered the manic phase of his bipolar illness and feels omnipotent?

I bet George is going to throw himself into the fire pit to help save KC. Wonder what kind of lie he'll be signing to an affidavit?

I bet George is going to throw himself into the fire pit to help save KC. Wonder what kind of lie he'll be signing to an affidavit?
Something that CA needs to sign as well so it's a huge double sized lie. :twocents:

OMG I am doing soduko and half listening to NG and I thought for a second they were covering ICA! I heard Judge Strickland saying "You are charged with aggravated neglect of a child". But I looked up and it's the mom who ate pizza while her 3 year old died after being beaten to death. Bet JS is having flashbacks.

I will be so glad when this trial is over and the accused will by in prison forever. It will free up my days like nothing before. I have spent hundreds of hours that I will never get back, reading about this case. I know I am obsessed, and it has lasted way too long....!

ITA. I rarely if ever post, but most nights, you'll find me here reading, or re-watching a video clip on one of the news stations. I remember exactly where I was when those 911 calls came in...sorta like you remember where you were when those planes hit the towers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak