Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Thanks to all who produce and contribute to the forum. Excellent work.

I signed up specifically to provide the link to Melanie Billings Myspace, but you guys are so quick, that before I could get a log on, the information had already been provided.

I know conversation right now is on the press conf, so I don't mean to detract from that, but just wanted to post a list of Melanie's moodstamps and comments for any reference they may provide. On her site, and in these few snippets I saw what many of you did -- an apparently wonderful and caring person, who not only had a lot to give, but also occasionally felt the sting of life. Why this couple had to be brought down by these eight thugs is beyond me, but I appreciate the effort everyone is making to both uncover the facts, but also remain cognizant to the nature of it's sensitivity. As always, "The truth shall set us free."

I placed these in chronological order, and re-formatted for (hopefully) easier reading, but the content is straight from the Myspace page.

The Jun 25 entry is the one that caught my eye and gave me a cold chill, but maybe nothing... so many blind alleys and false turns.

Status and Mood Updates

Sep 28, 2008 8:16 PM blessed
just sitting here with one of my fav guys! (Jake)

Feb 15 1:20 PM depressed
Somedays the sadness threatens to overtake the heart ...

Feb 15 1:23 PM depressed
Somedays the sadness threatens to ... overtake the heart ... missing my babies ... Almost more than I can take ...

Mar 2 12:31 AM enraged
Is it just me ... or does everyone have kids that act with hormones and NO brains???

May 11 10:42 PM *****y
People that try to be friends with thier children and NOT parents ... really annoy me ... Why do people date others that are the SME age as thier children?

* (Alicia Renee) May 12 at 1:17 AM
I agree with this statement 100%!!!!!!! I find it sick and gross--for both parties. And those kids will be those crazy-selfish teens we see running around today---

May 15 11:04 PM fabulous
Relaxing at home ... Trying to get to bed ... all the kiddos are asleep on couch ... Had fun with April tonight ... I love being a Mom & Auntie!

May 23 9:27 PM busy
well ... with 11 kids at home ... what do you think I would be doing??? Yeah right ... LAUNDRY!

Jun 21 11:57 AM disgusted
Well ... it might have been a great FAMILY day today ... BUT ... I guess some people have different agenda's ... Happy Father's Day Daddy ... you SURE showed hi

* (Michelle Nicole)
Jun 21 12:11 PM you talkin about that butthead justin? i was supposed to go fishin with him yesterday but he left.

* * Jun 21 5:12 PM well ... not exactly ... but I guess he can be included in the all time bad children list!

Jun 22 11:49 AM enlightened
Summer school started today ... life is good! Only have two bored children for the next 4 weeks! I guess we will just have to shop and do girlie stuff!

Jun 23 11:58 AM lazy
It is such a lazy day ... need to clean out bedrooms and paint and move kids around ... just gotta get motivated ... Okay ... off this computer ... Damn April

Jun 25 12:22 PM calm
I feel betrayed ... but ... have found a calm ... Am done with my stressor

Jun 28 1:15 PM lazy
Just hanging out with the kiddos today ... Getting ready to play musical rooms ... Waiting for Justin to get home to help!

I am totally amazed at the sleuthing going on here!!! I have been reading for days and just joined! I live in Beulah about a mile from the Billings. I was lookin at the obit for Lynettes grandmother and it says she had 3 great grandkids all from Pensacola I assume to be hers because the only other grandchild lived up there near gma....but all 3 kids have differnt last names..one of whom is Plumley could she have been married before?? Sorry if I am rambling or if this has already been posted.

Again, I have not read to the rest of this thread yet, just catching up. But their daughter Nikki passed away I think last fall. If you read Melanie Billings Myspace this is how I took it...

The ex is Katie Herkel and I had a link posted with a pic of her back in the thread.

I think we need to find out what Jennifer Herkel's maiden name is. She's married to "Bill Herkel" who, according to Lpatrick, has a mobile home repair business. But "Pops" might be her father (Katie's grandfather).

Again, I have not read to the rest of this thread yet, just catching up. But their daughter Nikki passed away I think last fall. If you read Melanie Billings Myspace this is how I took it...

The ex is Katie Herkel and I had a link posted with a pic of her back in the thread.

That was when I was throwing around idea that maybe his daughter was adopted and if she died in their care that might explain in a sick mind the built up of all the rage he is so full of.But realize that theory sunk to the bottom like a piece of lead.:crazy: Also no sleep lol

Hello,

i am new to WS and have been reading your posts for last 3 days. Started with the Casey Anthony case and because the murder of this couple doing so much good felt moved on to this. (As i read i am heartened to see so many others are stunned by this terrible tragedy. When i read Melony Billings myspace page and watched her daughter speak was just one of the several times i have cried). i must say i am very impressed with your sleuthing abilities and the respect you show to others in your posts!

i have a little to add: (i am only up to page 14 of this thread after reading for hours, so this may have been mentioned already).

1) i have, however, read all the articles in the local media and almost all the comments in the PNJ articles (although many of the comments in PNJ are rude and full of religious and political squabbling) there are quite a few that are from people who knew LPG jr. and spoke of how in high school and middle school he was "odd", had no friends, and although a 3rd degree black belt was avoided because people were afraid of him. Sorry i cannot link you to those specific comments, i did not think at the time to bookmark them, in the future i will know better. Also his ex wife left a comment saying she was afraid of him and he had threatened her. Others said he had beaten her. Note: i am still reading to catch up with all the posts on this thread and on page 23 found the exact quotes of comments i was referring to posted by Lindadanette. i do not know yet how to link to her post.

2) On LPG jr's myspace page he claims his daughter was abducted from him. However he quotes an email from his former mother-in-law saying that if he really wants to see his daughter all he has to do is hire a private investigator and pay back child support. His response is to ignore the request for child support and only say she said he "had to hire a private investigator".

3) Somewhere i read (cannot recall where) that his birth father is LPG Senior who he was reunited in jail, and that is probably why he was allowed to change his name back from Poff to his birth name, LPG jr.

Glad to be a member of this amazing community. (A little about myself, my only experience is for about a year back in the 80s i did suspect portraits for Santa Rosa, California Police Department.) Nan

I think what I found his HUGE.
I'm trying to figure out how to do it!

Okay so if you go to one of Patrick Gonzalez myspace pages
there are two pictures. One of "the people who have my daughter"
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ndID=468734116&albumID=667285&imageID=3181242
and "at least I know they are feeding her"
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ndID=468734116&albumID=667285&imageID=6382321
I believe the guy with gray hair is Melanie Billings dad.
She has a picture of him on her myspace.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...dID=70047361&albumID=2592095&imageID=42364046
Also in the picture of the "at least I know they are feeding her"
The older lady in the picture looks like the same lady in Melanie Billings
slide show picture #11 "Ash, granny and pop"
And does the man in the picture "at least I know they are feeding her"
look like a younger Bud Billings?

.... or am I crazy?

Absolutely, the man in the picture labeled "These are the people who have my daughter" and the man in Melanie Billings slide show are the same man.

Hi,

Thanks to all who produce and contribute to the forum. Excellent work.

I signed up specifically to provide the link to Melanie Billings Myspace, but you guys are so quick, that before I could get a log on, the information had already been provided.

I know conversation right now is on the press conf, so I don't mean to detract from that, but just wanted to post a list of Melanie's moodstamps and comments for any reference they may provide. On her site, and in these few snippets I saw what many of you did -- an apparently wonderful and caring person, who not only had a lot to give, but also occasionally felt the sting of life. Why this couple had to be brought down by these eight thugs is beyond me, but I appreciate the effort everyone is making to both uncover the facts, but also remain cognizant to the nature of it's sensitivity. As always, "The truth shall set us free."

I placed these in chronological order, and re-formatted for (hopefully) easier reading, but the content is straight from the Myspace page.

The Jun 25 entry is the one that caught my eye and gave me a cold chill, but maybe nothing... so many blind alleys and false turns.

Caught my eye as well and gave me a very creepy sick to my stomach feeling,If you search those blind alleys and false turns but also catch a glimpse of the truth here and there a lot of the times it can leads to the truth.

I think we need to find out what Jennifer Herkel's maiden name is. She's married to "Bill Herkel" who, according to Lpatrick, has a mobile home repair business. But "Pops" might be her father (Katie's grandfather).

Do we even know Melanie's maiden name? We know she had biological children before being married to Byrd but was she married to their father?

Hello,

i am new to WS and have been reading your posts for last 3 days. Started with the Casey Anthony case and because the murder of this couple doing so much good moved on to this. i must say i am very impressed with your sleuthing abilities and the respect you show to others in your posts!

i have a little to add: (i am only up to page 14 of this thread after reading for hours, so this may have been mentioned already).

1) i have, however, read all the articles in the local media and almost all the comments in the PNJ articles (although many of the comments in PNJ are rude and full of religious and political squabbling) there are quite a few that are from people who knew LPG jr. and spoke of how in high school and middle school he was "odd", had no friends, and although a 3rd degree black belt was avoided because people were afraid of him. Sorry i cannot link you to those specific comments, i did not think at the time to bookmark them, in the future i will know better. Also his ex wife left a comment saying she was afraid of him and he had threatened her. Others said he had beaten her.

2) On LPG jr's myspace page he claims his daughter was abducted from him. However he quotes an email from his former mother-in-law saying that if he really wants to see his daughter all he has to do is hire a private investigator and pay back child support. His response is to ignore the request for child support and only say she said he "had to hire a private investigator".

3) Somewhere i read (cannot recall where) that his birth father is LPG Senior who he was reunited in jail, and that is probably why he was allowed to change his name back from Poff to his birth name, LPG jr.

Glad to be a member of this amazing community. (A little about myself, my only experience is for about a year back in the 80s i did suspect portraits for Santa Rosa, California Police Department.) Nan

I have been here a while and I did not save comments and I saw it on a video I think where his sister and brother said Sr and Jr are evil and need to be eliminated.Its has been great all the new people coming here to share ideas and info we all are just looking for the truth and justice.And we have not been yelled out by the mods or locked out at all lol we all have behaved and worked together .

New here and still reading postings. Kudos to Linda Dannette. I think you may be on the right track w/the direction you are heading. I say from experince as the adoptive parent of seven special needs kids, that when you take this road, you live under the fear of bio parents/relatives etc. One of my kids has a settlement, in a restricted trust which I have no access to but we still have people unfortunately who think we are "rich"
who are constantly after us. We have had to move, but unfortunately due to the same sort of media as this family our anominity (sp?) has been shattered. We always live in fear because the person(s) that hurt our baby girl have never been arrested and who knows how many relatives she has crawling under the woodwork. Unfortuately adoption in no longer confidential. Linda don't let this go I believe you are on the right track wish I knew you before so you could help me find the birth mom who had another child after nearly killing my daughter. Will continue to monitor site and also can answer any questiong re: State and private adoptions.

Do we even know Melanie's maiden name? We know she had biological children before being married to Byrd but was she married to their father?

I believe it might be Bronk In Nikki s obit which was beautiful but emotional to read an uncle Chris Bronk and other uncle with that last name.

Absolutely, the man in the picture labeled "These are the people who have my daughter" and the man in Melanie Billings slide show are the same man.

It's interesting how we all see things differently. I don't think it's the same person at all.

It's interesting how we all see things differently. I don't think it's the same person at all.

Yeah.:) I don't think the guy in the birthday party picture looks like the same guy(s) as in the other two pictures.

New here and still reading postings. Kudos to Linda Dannette. I think you may be on the right track w/the direction you are heading. I say from experince as the adoptive parent of seven special needs kids, that when you take this road, you live under the fear of bio parents/relatives etc. One of my kids has a settlement, in a restricted trust which I have no access to but we still have people unfortunately who think we are "rich"
who are constantly after us. We have had to move, but unfortunately due to the same sort of media as this family our anominity (sp?) has been shattered. We always live in fear because the person(s) that hurt our baby girl have never been arrested and who knows how many relatives she has crawling under the woodwork. Unfortuately adoption in no longer confidential. Linda don't let this go I believe you are on the right track wish I knew you before so you could help me find the birth mom who had another child after nearly killing my daughter. Will continue to monitor site and also can answer any questiong re: State and private adoptions.

The egg donor of your daughter who is almost killed has anonymity, But this child's true mother has to live in fear .Something is seriously wrong with this picture. if it is an adoption with no abuse to the child it should open in case the child one day wants contact.But if there is abuse to the child then it should be sealed.And your right about Linda she is a great sleuther .

Linda, I am so on this with you. Have been reading and catching up here. But my thoughts are what if this is an eye for an eye kinda thing??

I am writing the next paragraph with the idea that JR is the mastermind behind this entire scenario.

We know JR set up all those myspace accounts with the fake politicians supporting him. Blasting the Herkel family for keeping his daughter Bella hidden from him. This was all on or around June 15th. If you look a few threads back someone (thanks for the post) wrote Melanie moods. It was only a few days later than the date of June 15th that she said she felt betrayed. See where I am going with this??? Next, he writes the Herkel family tells him he will need a pi to find Bella. The other night it took me less than 5 minutes to find the Herkel family address, business, a pic of Katie Herkel and all contact information. The Herkel home looks like a nice, clean and well kept neighborhood. Nothing sketchy there. JR just as easily could have obtained an attorney to fight to get custody of his daughter unless there is some underlying reason he wouldn't have been able to get her legally. The only other factor that comes to mind is MONEY. He would need money to pay for an attorney.

The next step in my reasoning. Those pics on myspace in my opinion offer a CLEAR connection between the Billings and Herkels, esp if that is Melanie's father. If Melanie's father is the grand-dad of Bella or of Katie Herkel (I need to go back and check this out) Then JR could have concoctted this entire thing starting back in June when he made these myspaces. It wasn't a simple thing, it was elaborate in how he made up fake pages for different local politicians. Though, so fake to our eyes. He would have known people would be looking into his life and low and behold look how "awful" the Herckels are and poor poor him. They stole his daughter etc etc..

So, now we have these myspace pages and who knows what kind of harrasment or contact in the meantime. Next, he recruits low-lifes to commit a "robbery" with him etc etc..Maybe some of them know the Billings and their wealth, maybe some other people have issues as well with them and that brings in the multiple motives. But mainly the motive being money to the recruits. maybe some of these other guys had no clue JR was actually going to murder M and B Billings. In any case, they go in get a safe and EYE FOR AN EYE because....in JR mind the Herkel family took HIS daughter, Bella and now he is taking their daughter or grandaughter - Mellody.

Guess I need to get sleuthing to find out if that is ACTUALLY Mellodys dad but it sure as heck looks like it!!!

I believe it might be Bronk In Nikki s obit which was beautiful but emotional to read an uncle Chris Bronk and other uncle with that last name.

ahh gotcha. I was just wondering if that were her maiden name or if she had been married to Nikki's bio dad and if that were his last name. Was it Bronk or Brock? I remember reading something earlier in the thread but I can't remember which one it was.

Im running some programs right now. But I believe Jennifer Herckel is Katies sister. Rebecca and William Herckel are the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper