Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think that it has anything to do with Haleigh going missing.... but I DO think it has EVERYTHING to do with who the better parent may be.

I'm sorry but Crystal has not paid for her part in caring for these kids in
about a year and IMO that makes her an unfit custodial parent!

Why could she not afford them before but she feels she can now?

I'm on the other side of this...
my daughter is raising her two little girls working full time and dealing with a dead beat dad!

IMO A parent NOT paying child support only hurts the kids and it's sad
that any parent would do that to their child!

... isn't not paying child support also considered not playing an active part in
their lives?

There are many ways to play an active part in a child's life. How would you feel if you learned that Ron didn't pay anything before receiving custody ?
Financial support is important but being behind doesn't mean she doesn't love her kids.
I think she should have had them in the first place.

Is good parenting about money or is it about providing a safe and secure home for your children? Keeping them sheltered from sexual abusers, making sure nothing bad happens to them............

IMO safety is much more important than money.

ITA. Honestly, since she didn't get custody because she didn't have a job, how were they expecting her to pay anyway ?

There are many ways to play an active part in a child's life. How would you feel if you learned that Ron didn't pay anything before receiving custody ?
Financial support is important but being behind doesn't mean she doesn't love her kids.
I think she should have had them in the first place.

Very true, CHICANA. Ron has also stated that it is "possible" that he has another child. Has he cared enough to find out for sure and take care financially?

ITA. Honestly, since she didn't get custody because she didn't have a job, how were they expecting her to pay anyway ?
I imagine they expected her to become responsible and get a job to help pay for the costs of raising her children. Just as most of us do.

I imagine they expected her to become responsible and get a job to help pay for the costs of raising her children. Just as most of us do.

If that's what they expected, they could have given her custody.I think the other baby's momma needs a paternity test asap. How old is that baby and will they backdate the child support if it's determined that it's Ron's ?

If that's what they expected, they could have given her custody.I think the other baby's momma needs a paternity test asap. How old is that baby and will they backdate the child support if it's determined that it's Ron's ?

It's only a possibility according to Ron. The name and situation isn't mentioned here beyond this, due to protection of innocent parties.

ETA: Sometimes information can be gleaned from reading the comments following First Coast News reports.

LOL Where is he getting his "tips" as I am sure LE isn't providing them?! (I have a pretty good idea already.)

gee, wonder if "Cobra" is the new investigator Misty was referring to that accused her of lying - and she walked out??? hmmmm

gee, wonder if "Cobra" is the new investigator Misty was referring to that accused her of lying - and she walked out??? hmmmm
OFF TOPIC: No. The indication was it was an FBI Agent or LE because they spoke to J. Merchant about him afterwards.

ON TOPIC: Crystal and family need a go round with the same Agent!! LOL

I don't really think that it has anything to do with Haleigh going missing.... but I DO think it has EVERYTHING to do with who the better parent may be.

I'm sorry but Crystal has not paid for her part in caring for these kids in
about a year and IMO that makes her an unfit custodial parent!

Why could she not afford them before but she feels she can now?

I'm on the other side of this...
my daughter is raising her two little girls working full time and dealing with a dead beat dad!

IMO A parent NOT paying child support only hurts the kids and it's sad
that any parent would do that to their child!

... isn't not paying child support also considered not playing an active part in
their lives?
IMO that's like women using the almighty dollar to deny their exes visitation until they get paid. It's done all the time. Children should not be held hostage by one parent for failure to pay. Oh, I know it's easy to do...anger does that to you, but it's not right. There's a remedy for nonpayment...but you can't get blood from a rock.

Is good parenting about money or is it about providing a safe and secure home for your children? Keeping them sheltered from sexual abusers, making sure nothing bad happens to them............

IMO safety is much more important than money.

IMO good parenting is feeding, clothing and providing your child with
a stable home, and working a job to support your children 100%.

IMO a not so good parent would owe back child support, go on tv and put
a son in danger by telling what he may know and showing his face,
and not pay for their share to feed, clothe and house the children for over a
year.

As far as safety... maybe Ron would have been able to work a day job and
been able to take the kids to daycare, or been able to afford a better
place to live had he been paid child support!

IMO good parenting is feeding, clothing and providing your child with
a stable home, and working a job to support your children 100%.

IMO a not so good parent would owe back child support, go on tv and put
a son in danger by telling what he may know and showing his face,
and not pay for their share to feed, clothe and house the children for over a
year.

As far as safety... maybe Ron would have been able to work a day job and
been able to take the kids to daycare, or been able to afford a better
place to live had he been paid child support!

May I add something to your post?

A good parent would make sure, despite what they had going on with non related misc. in their life, that their child was returned to the custodial parent when there were doctor appointments scheduled, and return the child to the custodial parent on a Sunday evening so that child could attend school on the following Monday!

OFF TOPIC: No. The indication was it was an FBI Agent or LE because they spoke to J. Merchant about him afterwards.

ON TOPIC: Crystal and family need a go round with the same Agent!! LOL

I would imagine they already have but it just wasn't newsworthy. They probably answered the questions asked and didn't storm off in a guilty huff.

May I add something to your post?

A good parent would make sure, despite what they had going on with non related misc. in their life, that their child was returned to the custodial parent when there were doctor appointments scheduled, and return the child to the custodial parent on a Sunday evening so that child could attend school on the following Monday!

IF those children missed any school because the non custodial parent refused to return them, it is the responsibility of the custodial parent to take immediate action to order the children returned at a specific time. We have not seen any records of action taken by Ron in the family courts.

LOL Where is he getting his "tips" as I am sure LE isn't providing them?! (I have a pretty good idea already.)

This is getting to be more reminiscent of the CA case more and more in severla ways almost daily! How many times did we hear from the PI about the significant breaks that would be coming, just never materialized?! I smell rotten fish.

This is getting to be more reminiscent of the CA case more and more in severla ways almost daily! How many times did we hear from the PI about the significant breaks that would be coming, just never materialized?! I smell rotten fish.

All we need to complete the cast of characters is PADILLA!!!:liar:

IMO that's like women using the almighty dollar to deny their exes visitation until they get paid. It's done all the time. Children should not be held hostage by one parent for failure to pay. Oh, I know it's easy to do...anger does that to you, but it's not right. There's a remedy for nonpayment...but you can't get blood from a rock.

I have to agree with what SeriouslySearching posted before on subject. In most cases, where the child is safe and adequately cared for in both homes, parents should share custody and neither should be ordered to pay child support. It would require real parenting from both parents and wouldn't put a financial burden on either household. The benefits to children would be astronomical,IMO.

Of course, in this case, the children's safety needs to evaluated again from all sides.

I have noticed she doesn't mention Chad at all nor does he appear to be in the media asking for Haleigh's return either. Now, is it because she is too busy attacking Ronald that she hasn't mentioned Chad or his relationship with Haleigh? I would actually like to hear from him and see him out there in force with the rest of the family.

I would love to hear from someone who has witnessed first hand the relationship between Chad and the children (Haleigh and Rj) who is not family or friends on their side especially after having a baby with Crystal. Does he treat them as the "step-children" or is he equally as attentive/loving?

The statement I have bolded is not true as they are trying to take away his child and ruin his life in the process. Chad was instrumental in helping this along with what he claimed to Geraldo.

Btw~ Foster care is never safer or the better alternative unless there are dire circumstances which in this case I feel Rj is much safer with TN and Ronald being close to LE/FBI, imo.

I feel sorry for step-children who the adults feel cannot love one person as much as another or cannot grasp the reality that children calling them both "mom" is nothing short of an attack. What a sad statement!! An adult parent should not feel "threatened" if their child loves a person enough to bestow an endearing title to the one taking care of them 24/7.

I not only accepted it...I encouraged my children to feel they could love and accept their "other mom" without harming my ego. They grew up thankful I never put such stipulations on them and never questioned their love for me. They love her as much today as they did when she became their "other mom" and so do I. She helped me raise well adjusted children and I deeply respect the love she showed them all these years. Jealousy and petty carp over who calls whom what simply wasn't as important to me as healthy children...mentally and physically. Some people need to GROW UP.

Chad was in one of the video standing behind Chrystal, he had a big, out of place smile on his face and this disturbed me tremendously.

You are right about foster care, it should be used as a last resort only. We don't know because LE isn't saying if this is one of those times or not. The fact they haven't stepped in and removed him from either family speaks volumes. I only hope they are not leaving Rj in an unsafe environment believing their presence is all that is needed to keep him safe. They can't possibly keep him safe 24/7 unless someone is assigned to do just that.

It is extremely selfish, petty and unkind to try to prevent a child from loving whom ever they desire, it's also very difficult to break a bond between a loving parent and child. Children deserve all the love this world has to give.

I think you were extremely lucky in the woman you shared your children with. For some reason it doesn't always work this way. Your respect of her just made it easier on your children to accept her. Had she not been the woman she is, your kids still would have been stuck with her and you would have had that to deal with.

When Chrystal tossed Ron under the bus for using drugs, she admitted to doing the same so I would call that a wash. She also has said from the beginning how much Ron loves Haleigh and what a special relationship they have. I would give her a bonus point or 2 for saying this at this time.

When my dh went to court to adopt my daughter, my ex hadn't seen her in years. The child support was in the tens of thousands of dollars in arrears.

The courts were interested in his lack of visitation, but the child support could not be brought up or considered towards him losing parental rights.

Chad was in one of the video standing behind Chrystal, he had a big, out of place smile on his face and this disturbed me tremendously.

You are right about foster care, it should be used as a last resort only. We don't know because LE isn't saying if this is one of those times or not. The fact they haven't stepped in and removed him from either family speaks volumes. I only hope they are not leaving Rj in an unsafe environment believing their presence is all that is needed to keep him safe. They can't possibly keep him safe 24/7 unless someone is assigned to do just that.

It is extremely selfish, petty and unkind to try to prevent a child from loving whom ever they desire, it's also very difficult to break a bond between a loving parent and child. Children deserve all the love this world has to give.

I think you were extremely lucky in the woman you shared your children with. For some reason it doesn't always work this way. Your respect of her just made it easier on your children to accept her. Had she not been the woman she is, your kids still would have been stuck with her and you would have had that to deal with.

When Chrystal tossed Ron under the bus for using drugs, she admitted to doing the same so I would call that a wash. She also has said from the beginning how much Ron loves Haleigh and what a special relationship they have. I would give her a bonus point or 2 for saying this at this time.

Bolded by me

Me, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members