Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is warning the courts to take notice....that's all. Filing is good because it takes time, which she needs, to get a place and get settled. Of the two parents, I would say Crystal is the better bet. She has admitted drug use....which is more than Ron has done. She may be changing her life around and hopefully she will succeed.

I do not see Ron doing the same. I get the impression he is a potential train wreck.

I think it would be best to handle custody disputes privately without television because the children are powerless to control what is being said and they deserve their privacy and don't need all their affairs dragged out for everybody to see. Once it's out there that you may or may not be a child abused by your father or the child of a lying and slanderous mother, there's no way for the child to shake that reputation and it may be harmful for him, whether it's true or not. So I'd prefer not to broadcast it, keep the child's privacy and let the child decide for himself later on what he wants to tell of his family. However, that train may have left the station already. Once a missing child case gets enough media attention it becomes increasingly difficult to do things privately. People would inevitably hear that custody is disputed. (I wonder how much privacy the people in "the other case" are enjoying these days...)

That said, I don't for a moment believe that if these people weren't saying these things in Nancy Grace Show, they wouldn't be saying them elsewhere. Keeping quiet about the parental disagreements wouldn't make them agree about Jr. This tension between the parents and the extended family didn't emerge overnight, it's been there long before Haleigh disappeared, and it would take a major miracle for the relationships to improve in this situation. One of the children is lost and nobody seems to be quite sure why, so suspicions are bound to create mistrust and anger.

Following other cases, it isn't difficult to see this far in how LE is handling the case and if it is going somewhere. (Refer to where we were with the "other" case at this point and how fast it was moving forward. There are many other examples on the board of cases which went to a cold case file which follow the pattern of this one to date.)

Without a doubt their investigation changed after she got an attorney. It also changed when Ronald acquired one (or two). LE are no longer free to speak to them any time they feel like it or to drag them into their office. They will be represented and LE has to work within those boundaries now.

LE are not out physically searching for Haleigh unless there are significant leads to follow up on. They are not actively conducting any more organized searches to find her.

Regardless of attorney, if there is a question that LE needs to ask, and if either person currently represented by an attorney has nothing to do with this case or knows nothing about who might know anything about this case, then answering LE's questions should not prove to be any sort of hindrance. Right?

Also, with regard to that "other" case you talked about, at this point, we were only a few days into knowing that the little girl had been gone for 31 days. Not to make a comparison, but there were significant indicators (not the least of which was the "smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!!" comment). It's simply disingenuous to blame LE for not contacting those of us on WS and giving us their insight. We aren't LE. We have only each other and our insight. And "the force is strong with this (group)."

If Crystal was truly concerned for her sons safety, she could of very easily reported to the proper authorities privately. She did not need to going on national tv, she did not need to post pics on the internet. This is all a ploy IMO to gain sympathy to get more donations.

People want to give Crystal a pass on her drug use because she admitted she had done drugs in the past. Well she isnt admitting anything, just a few days ago on Nancy Grace when she told everyone Ron beat her all the time he also gave her drugs. So she is setting it up to it was not may fault I took drugs, Ron beat me and forced me to ingest those drugs. Yet she is not out of the drug lifestyle based on pictures on her myspace account, and based on her fiances record - wonder how they will twist that around to be Rons fault, maybe go for PTSD. MOO

Bolded by me - I agree with you 150%. You know the saying - "Actions speak louder than words."

Good Morning.
motive, ability, opportunity , alibi........If the glove fits CS you must admit.

Motive ..... custody
Ability....... knew the details of recent move, shift change,Haleigh would not be scared and she would go with CS or family member. There are enough criminals in her life to figure out how to get in a locked door.
Opportunity....... It was planned for after Ron was at work and Misty and the children slept.
Alibi.......... Well that 7 hrs it took her to get to satsuma would be a stinky part of that alibi.

Good Morning.
motive, ability, opportunity , alibi........If the glove fits CS you must admit.

(this is directed at anyone who suspects Crystal)

I am not saying Crystal wasn't involved, I just personally haven't seen any evidence that points in her direction. Nothing.

So...what facts and or evidence are people seeing that is making Crystal a top suspect for you?

I am not saying Crystal wasn't involved, I just personally haven't seen any evidence that points in her direction. Nothing.

So...what facts and or evidence are people seeing that is making Crystal a top suspect for you?
I don't know that she's been singled out as a 'top' suspect by anyone here, although I may have missed that. I did see the post suggesting that she'd be in the top three. Perhaps that's what you are referring to.

This reasonably follows from the statistics of child abduction, and I don't see it as a direct accusation. If we are going to consider the information we get without prejudice or preconception then it is important that we do not abandon all consideration of the possibility that she might be involved.

I think the big red flag on Crystal and her family was raised when she made that disatrous appearance on the GR show. If that hadn't happened, I think this side of the family would be mostly under the radar. It left such a hugely bad impression. # 1 to emphasis mudslinging on her ex, rather than focus on her missing child. #2 to expose her son to the world on a national tabloid show and make him talk. I can't understand what she was thinking.
This has been amplified by the actions of Crystal's lawyer and her child abuse allegations with such skimpy evidence. It's hard to believe anything she says when we see Jr on his Dad's lap, snuggling and cuddling, hanging on him for dear life.
This raises questions as to why she would do this...they look like diversionary tactics. If she hadn't taken these actions, probably engineered by her parents or lover, she would not be under such suspicion. Very poor judgement, IMO!

I think it would be best to handle custody disputes privately without television because the children are powerless to control what is being said and they deserve their privacy and don't need all their affairs dragged out for everybody to see. Once it's out there that you may or may not be a child abused by your father or the child of a lying and slanderous mother, there's no way for the child to shake that reputation and it may be harmful for him, whether it's true or not. So I'd prefer not to broadcast it, keep the child's privacy and let the child decide for himself later on what he wants to tell of his family. However, that train may have left the station already. Once a missing child case gets enough media attention it becomes increasingly difficult to do things privately. People would inevitably hear that custody is disputed. (I wonder how much privacy the people in "the other case" are enjoying these days...)

That said, I don't for a moment believe that if these people weren't saying these things in Nancy Grace Show, they wouldn't be saying them elsewhere. Keeping quiet about the parental disagreements wouldn't make them agree about Jr. This tension between the parents and the extended family didn't emerge overnight, it's been there long before Haleigh disappeared, and it would take a major miracle for the relationships to improve in this situation. One of the children is lost and nobody seems to be quite sure why, so suspicions are bound to create mistrust and anger.

I wish that things could have been handled privately for all parties concerned. I can only think of one reason why it might make sense to do it this way. All eyes will be on how DCF and the courts handle the case this time. Sometimes a little exposure can make people take their jobs a little more seriously. JMO.

I believe today's article backs up pretty much what I was saying yesterday:

<snipped>
"We're not frustrated. We're trying to stay positive. We have to," Putnam County Sheriff's Office Lt. Johnny Greenwood told WJXT-TV. "We are still conducting interviews with people that's names have turned up during the other investigations. I really can't go into the names of those people at this time, but we are currently conducting interviews with people as we speak," Greenwood said. "We are hopeful. That's what we have -- hope."

But the girl's disappearance continues to puzzle investigators
and the community.In the 44 days that have passed since Haleigh's disappearance, local, state and federal investigators along with volunteers have searched for answers both inside and outside Putnam County.

Detectives have questioned dozens of witnesses, including Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, and her mother, Crystal Sheffield. Cumming's new wife, Misty -- the person to last see Haleigh -- has undergone hours of interviews and several polygraph tests.

Article:
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19008243/detail.html (Bolded by me)

I don't know that she's been singled out as a 'top' suspect by anyone here, although I may have missed that. I did see the post suggesting that she'd be in the top three. Perhaps that's what you are referring to.

This reasonably follows from the statistics of child abduction, and I don't see it as a direct accusation. If we are going to consider the information we get without prejudice or preconception then it is important that we do not abandon all consideration of the possibility that she might be involved.
Thank you! It is exactly what I was trying to explain.

For me, I suspect Crystal over Ron for a number of reasons.

1) When Crystal got to Satsuma, she praised Ron and Misty on doing a good job of raising Haleigh and JR.

2) Crystal looked to Ron for support and the candlelight vigils. Even leaning her head on his shoulder.

3) Crystal said that Misty loved the children and vice versa.

4) Crystal took 7 unexplained hours to get to Satsuma after the initial call that Haleigh was missing.

5) Crystal went on Geraldo and started slinging mud...harshly.

6) Crystal was so obviously lying on Geraldo. She would hold her eyes wide open and attempt (poorly) to act "too" innocent.

7) Crystal gets a lawyer first. Almost always very telling. (If it were Ron who lawyered up first, everyone here would have had a field day)

8) Crystal accuses Ron of abusing the children with NO proof AFTER saying what a wonderful and caring father he is.

9) Crystal asks for more donations to help her "live" but she has not worked in a very long time.

10) Crystal has a motive for taking Haleigh, more so than any other of the "players".

Those are just some reasons off the top of my head. There are more, but I don't think you wanted a novel written.
But my main reason for suspecting Crystal:

She has not seemed to be sincere at all in worrying for Haleigh. Every chance she has of taking the focus off of the beautiful little girl she takes it. I have yet to see her shed a "real" tear for that baby.

I wish that things could have been handled privately for all parties concerned. I can only think of one reason why it might make sense to do it this way. All eyes will be on how DCF and the courts handle the case this time. Sometimes a little exposure can make people take their jobs a little more seriously. JMO.

IMOO the abduction of Haleigh would be enough reason for anyone to pay attention. Mudslinging was not necessary for these entities to take notice and or action that was for the public to rally and judge.

I must give her props for not being a basket case or literally insane with fear and grief.

Those of us that have lost a child can relate to the pain and suffering. I for one almost tore up the hospital in my initial grief. I could of been classified insane for at least 2 yr because of my pain. I could not of gone on so quickly, nor thought of anything else. MY whole life changed. I no longer saw her beautifull face or heard her sweet voice. I would wake up in the morning expecting her here. I look at this mom and can't imagine her streangth and direction in regards to the situation. I am not at her side and have not spoken to her to determine her grief I am just a witness to her actions and words and those in my opinion speak loud enough.

Don't want to quote TiChad's post as it is so long...but ONE thing contradicts all those ASSUMPTIONS about Crystal...

LE knows ALL the facts available in this case, including every single thing that posters here have found out about Crystal PLUS most likely hundreds of more details about this woman's life. What have they (PCSO, FBI, and others) said about their very extensive investigation of this case?

"MISTY IS THE KEY"!!!!!!!!

Maybe there's a scenario where they're in this together. Crystal gets the kids, Misty gets the man. I don't know how Jr. got left out though.

She is really a broken person. LE stays in contact with her and has not called her in for over and over questioning. One polygraph was all they needed. Not several like other parties have had to take. She has been earnest in her desire to help with anything that LE needs on her part and doing all she can to find her daughter.

I'd think that Crystal being the one to set up a command center instead of Ron shows that LE is not as interested in Crystal as much as Misti or even Ron as well. I believe the van with a scratch could have something to do with it all, but do hope that LE did thoroughly check out any school employees, crossing guards, bus drivers, aides, Janitors, dads of schoolmates, and even older teens who might ride the same bus. Schools usually think they can do no wrong and I don't trust LE to check everyone out there except maybe the teens.

She is warning the courts to take notice....that's all. Filing is good because it takes time, which she needs, to get a place and get settled. Of the two parents, I would say Crystal is the better bet. She has admitted drug use....which is more than Ron has done. She may be changing her life around and hopefully she will succeed.

I do not see Ron doing the same. I get the impression he is a potential train wreck

(bold mine) Agree w bolded. Precisely. Mom--including how gracious she managed to be toward both Ron and Misty prior to realizing either might be inconsistent, uncooperative and/or before learning more of the facts; or what poor judgment she may have shown in her commitment to keeping her missing child in the news; regardless of what anyone but LE or the courts accept as "proof" of abuse; whether she "suffers" visibly enough for us or how "widely" her eyes are opened (omg lol)--is ultimately the true sideshow here. JMO

:parrot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members