Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People grieve differently but I'm pretty sure that if Crystal had gotten engaged and married last month it would be taken as a sign that she's an unnatural mother who doesn't give a d*** that her daughter is missing.
No disrespect intended but her fiance would have had to have gotten a divorce or become a bigamist for that to have happened. He is still married to someone else.

I would like to ask out of all the other scenarios how would a live child come into play. Le states they are looking for a live Haleigh. The statement from ART Harrison comes across as WHO is lying. I thought the consensus was only Misty is lying.

What is misty hidding? IMOO that means lying.

Yes, and that's exactly why it seems so strange that they up and married so soon. How can RC be sure that Misty is not responsible for Haleigh's disappearance? He was at work.

Actions speak louder than words. He believes her.

Bold by me:

The way her eyes are "held" is a text book case of how to tell a person is lying. So I don't see where it is a side show. You may lol all you want, but again, that does not change the facts.

You might find it more profitable to observe a person's ACTIONS (ie their conduct) vs attempt to judge whether they are ACTING. It's a risky business, when we claim to know the innerworkings of a person's heart by simply the expression on her face.

"Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart." I Sam 16:7 :heart:

JMO

:parrot:

I would like to ask out of all the other scenarios how would a live child come into play. Le states they are looking for a live Haleigh. The statement from ART Harrison comes across as WHO is lying. I thought the consensus was only Misty is lying.

The wording of Art Harris was "trying to figure out who's telling the truth". What it implies to me is that liars may be aplenty but truthtellers few and far between... I don't know if it's AH's phrasing or LE's, though. Also, it said that they hoped that they'd find a live Haleigh but to hope is not always the same as to believe.

I hope this would be a familial abduction staged because that would mean that the little girl is probably taken care of and may be found safe with somebody who cares for her, however misguidedly. But I don't know if I believe that, as the obvious suspects, Crystal and her mom, seem to be accounted for. Other, worse alternatives would be imprisoned by a pedophile, held for ransom (unlikely as neither Crystal or Ronald seem to be very well off) or blackmailing purposes.

(bold mine) Agree w bolded. Precisely. Mom--including how gracious she managed to be toward both Ron and Misty prior to realizing either might be inconsistent, uncooperative and/or before learning more of the facts; or what poor judgment she may have shown in her commitment to keeping her missing child in the news; regardless of what anyone but LE or the courts accept as "proof" of abuse; whether she "suffers" visibly enough for us or how "widely" her eyes are opened (omg lol)--is ultimately the true sideshow here. JMO

(bold above by me)

I won't bother with going back through earlier posts and quoting a tediously long list of examples, but be assured that I could.

There have been plenty of judgments, insinuations, and accusations concerning Ron and Misty in these pages based solely on their demeanor and expressions.

Do you think that there could be double standards at play here?

(bold above by me)

I won't bother with going back through earlier posts and quoting a tediously long list of examples, but be assured that I could.

There have been plenty of judgments, insinuations, and accusations concerning Ron and Misty in these pages based solely on their demeanor and expressions.

Y:bang:es I do

She did go to the proper authorities and this wouldn't be out in the open if not for Haleigh's disappearance.
Had all this been out in the open before I don't think Ron would have been granted custody.
Let the sun shine in on the family court.

Do we know when she went to the proper authorities? TIA

(bold above by me)

The only one I can speak for in these pages is myself--and the only thing of which I will "rest assured of" is that as far as my own implications, they have been thus far limited to the possiblity that the abuse alleged may indeed have occurred--and deserve therefore to be investigated. That's what bothers me about this apparent "His Side," "Her Side" battle. The "subleties" or um "finer distinctions" as to whether one is either expressing concern or addressing misperceptions re claims of abuse, or making accusations of MURDER or KIDNAPPING--seem to be lost. JMO

Yes people do indeed grieve differently which is why I find it fruitless to judge a person's guilt or innocence on the basis of the number of tears counted, or by rating their "acting abilities." I could point accusingly at how one person balances a tear on their cheek here, or jeer at someone else for inappropriate behavior in the aftermath there--but personally I've stopped short thus far of implicating any of the immediate players directly in Haleigh's disappearance. I am, at the same time, also choosing NOT to simply dismiss out of hand or ignore the claims of abuse which have surfaced as a result of this investigation--and to support therefore whatever efforts may be necessary to ensure the children's safety. The difference is, some on this forum are not only poorly informed re abuse thus unconcerned re this possibility but ARE accusing this grieving mother of being DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for her daughter's abduction as they malign her motives and mock her pain. And those who are can bear that burden. JMO

Respectfully bolded by me.......Crystal's attorney went to DFCS last Tuesday 3/17/2009 with the pictures and evidence she has regarding the abuse. Do we know if RJ is still with his father? DFCS has to investigate an abuse claim within 24 hours and with the high profile case this has become, they should be johnny on the spot investigating this.

I have not heard one way or the other if RJ is still with RC, that is the reason for my question.

You might find it more profitable to observe a person's ACTIONS (ie their conduct) vs attempt to judge whether they are ACTING. It's a risky business, when we claim to know the innerworkings of a person's heart by simply the expression on her face.

"Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart." I Sam 16:7 :heart:

JMO

I think that we shouldn't discount any clues. Because we can't see the heart we need as many outward hints as possible: the actions, the expressions and the words. If a person is dishonest it may leak as a conflict between them and if all are consistent it's a safer bet they might be for real. But it's dangerous to be too sure because everybody's got his bias.

:confused: So Chad is still married and he is also Crystals step brother? Do I have this right, because I am really confused at this point.

No disrespect intended but her fiance would have had to have gotten a divorce or become a bigamist for that to have happened. He is still married to someone else.

She could have married some seventeen year old toy boy :)

I am still cofused why Le still has hope Haleigh is alive. What are the chances of that 6weeks later.

Of all the possible suspect we HAVE sleuth and discussed who would still have Haleigh?

Would it not be posible LE is considering her or a family member?

Child for ransom?
Parental abduction ?(either)
care giver revenge?
Stranger wants for own?
SO/RSO keeps her hidden in closet, basement, cellar for .........?
Possibilites for Haleigh to be still alive?

If the LE haven't considered the possibility of this being a familial abduction they've not done their job properly so I'd hope that they have. The rest is a bit off topic for the Crystal thread and the discussion of other alternatives should go to Theories, I think.

This article is not offering an OPINION, objective or otherwise, it is quoting information received from law enforcement. From what I can see, to keep this thread on topic, there was no reference to questioning CRYSTAL'S story or time line or locals that know HER.
No. There wasn't. You know what? I think there's a reason for that, and I don't think that the reason is because Art was interested in writing a 'fair and balanced' article.

I don't believe that it is reasonable to assume that 'Cobra' is a dispassionate and unbiased participant.

Just to keep things in perspective I don't take articles at face value even when they are not so obviously distorted and one-sided. Much more reputable news outlets than his have proven incapable of even reading printed documentation from LE and reporting it correctly (see my sig, and I'm not talking about the 'Nancy' part), much less relating quotes.

To join you in your effort to keep this on topic I'd like to point out that the article you selected as an example was not an article about Crystal. It was an article about Ron meeting with 'Cobra'. That might be yet another explanation as to why it didn't discuss her.

The current thrust of discussion has concerned whether or not Crystal has been blessed with the same sort of scrutiny that Ron and Misty have been subjected to. It appears that even the idea that she could be treated in such a fashion is objectionable to some.

I think that we shouldn't discount any clues. Because we can't see the heart we need as many outward hints as possible: the actions, the expressions and the words. If a person is dishonest it may leak as a conflict between them and if all are consistent it's a safer bet they might be for real. But it's dangerous to be too sure because everybody's got his bias.

Expressions or words are never as reliable an indicator of a person's character as their actions.

No. There wasn't. You know what? I think there's a reason for that, and I don't think that the reason is because Art was interested in writing a 'fair and balanced' article.

I don't believe that it is reasonable to assume that 'Cobra' is a dispassionate and unbiased participant.

Just to keep things in perspective I don't take articles at face value even when they are not so obviously distorted and one-sided. Much more reputable news outlets than his have proven incapable of even reading printed documentation from LE and reporting it correctly (see my sig, and I'm not talking about the 'Nancy' part), much less relating quotes.

To join you in your effort to keep this on topic I'd like to point out that the article you selected as an example was not an article about Crystal. It was an article about Ron meeting with 'Cobra'. That might be yet another explanation as to why it didn't discuss her.

The current thrust of discussion has concerned whether or not Crystal has been blessed with the same sort of scrutiny that Ron and Misty have been subjected to. It appears that even the idea that she could be treated in such a fashion is objectionable to some.

I tend to accept the simplest explanation. I think most are simply following the lead of LE--thus simply don't find it as necessary to scrutinize to the same extent a parent who was neither in charge, in child's presence or immediate proximity, last known to have seen the child, nor reported to have been abusive w a child. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members