Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just throwing this out there because I do not know much about drug addiction and withdrawal. In the first week, Crystal looked awful sunken eyes, rocking in chair, shaking, staring off, alot of us comment she did not show much emotion at all. As weeks went by she started looking better, she now looks well rested does not rock back and forth during interviews, does not stare off into space as much. If she was going thru withdrawals and the day she collapsed and was taken to the hospital would they have given her something to help with withdrawals for a period of time? Then if by chance she drank or used drugs again then suddenly stopped would that prompt a seizure?

Unfortunately I know to much about drug addiction and withdrawal.

But to answer your question... they do have drugs that you can take to help
get you off of drugs and help with any withdrawls.
However you can also abuse those drugs and use them to get high
if you don't take them how you are suppose to.

Seizures are very common as a result of drug withdrawls.

Something's not right,she wrecked her car in a major accident,this last year,into a tree and totaled her car.Then a seizure two days before Haleigh went missing,this seizure.From the sound of it,she's not prone to seizures.Could be these are from the accident.But,she has been looking better since the beginning,which she was acting odd,not just shock.Now she can talk better and seems to focus.I don't know,I hope it's not something serious causing these seizures,but tests will be run since this is the second time.

Paper said Marie was with another family member in Jax hospital,anyone know who?And like how much more can happen at one time?Geesh!
It could be hormonal too.How old is her baby?Crystal was probably going through shock of Haleigh being missing at first.

Well if it weren't for Crystal and camp we would not have nothing to talk about.LOL
I think we have ran down all possibilities, and hope she is well this evening and LE is able to determine that there are no drugs in her system and no previous head injuries and no other indicator of a serious illness.
I feel if any of the facts we have discussed that could cause seizures are found it would be a determining factor in the case of custody. I also feel LE will be made aware of all above said factors and the Dr. diagnosis to determine if there will be action or further investigation.

They do not need to be putting this little boy back into a home where they just lost his sister.This is pretty serious.

I have seen many, many women sick with worry over their missing child or children. I have yet to see one rocking back and forth to the point where I thought the chair was going to careen over backwards and also it was happening on national television. Very strange to me. It certainly did NOT remind me of a mother upset with worry at the time.
i rock back and forth when im scared or worried .. i dont do any drugs im just saying it may not have been that but then i dont see druggies everyday withdrawing from stuff as im not in a medical profession

They do not need to be putting this little boy back into a home where they just lost his sister.This is pretty serious.

We are discussing this very fact. MOO is THEY didn't loose her she was TAKEN and that does not indicate to me and many others aside from this Forum that this child should be removed from Ron's home. I am sure every parent that has "lost" a child can agree they do not deserve their other children to be "taken" from the home. I am sure you have heard of Mark Klauss (SP)and his "loss".
DCF in Florida has and is investigated Crystals aligations of abuse to the children (from what has been stated per CS and Family) and will soon determine the truth and close the case. MOO

Varous types of seizures associated with drug abuse and withdrawal

Amphetamine-induced seizures including withdrawal symtoms:

The features of the stimulant-induced seizures were distinct and included the following: (1) the duration of convulsive activity was shortest for cocaine and longest for methamphetamine...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10456426 (Bolded by me)

Amphetamines stimulate both the body and mind, resulting in feelings of increased confidence, talkativeness, increased energy, rapid breathing and heart rate, and sleeplessness. An overdose of the drugs may cause seizures. Most people who become addicted begin taking the drugs because they enjoy the effects of the drugs. However, as dependence sets in, feelings of withdrawal become more painful and ongoing use of the drugs reduces or eliminates those uncomfortable side effects. Symptoms of amphetamine withdrawal can include sweating, rapid pulse, shakiness, anxiety, hallucinations, nausea, seizures, and increased cravings for the drugs.

http://therapistunlimited.com/index...ance-Related+Disorders/Amphetamine+Dependence (Bolded by me)

Did she find out that day that she was being charged with Contempt Of Court for the back child support she owed? Was it something to do with Haleigh? :waitasec:

Physical risks associated with using any amount of cocaine and crack:increases in blood pressure, heart rate, breathing rate, and body temperature
heart attacks, strokes, and respiratory failure
hepatitis or AIDS through shared needles
Brain Seizure. So you dont have to overdose to have one. Over time of just using cocaine can trigger a brain seizure.

I am just throwing this out there because I do not know much about drug addiction and withdrawal. In the first week, Crystal looked awful sunken eyes, rocking in chair, shaking, staring off, alot of us comment she did not show much emotion at all. As weeks went by she started looking better, she now looks well rested does not rock back and forth during interviews, does not stare off into space as much. If she was going thru withdrawals and the day she collapsed and was taken to the hospital would they have given her something to help with withdrawals for a period of time? Then if by chance she drank or used drugs again then suddenly stopped would that prompt a seizure?

Unfortunately I know to much about drug addiction and withdrawal.

But to answer your question... they do have drugs that you can take to help
get you off of drugs and help with any withdrawls.
However you can also abuse those drugs and use them to get high
if you don't take them how you are suppose to.

Seizures are very common as a result of drug withdrawls.

I suffer from seizures and am not withdrawing from any cocaine, methamphetamines OR alcohol I simply have an illness (CNS lupus). There are countless, varied reasons for seizures which do not entail painting a person out to be using or withdrawing from drugs. I find it offensive, w no basis in fact, to be rushing baselessly to such a conclusion when not one of you has an INKLING nor clue as to which of the following causes may be responsible! Honestly, is there no length some will not go to, to portray her in the worst possible light? ETA: It is also of interest that seizures are not uncommon to people who have experienced HEAD trauma. JMO

What causes seizures?
In general, seizures may be caused by many conditions, diseases, injuries, and other factors. These may include conditions such as the following abnormalities in the blood vessels of the brain, atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries supplying the brain, bleeding into the brain, such as a subarachnoid hemorrhage , brain tumors, chromosomal
abnormalities, congenital diseases or conditions, high blood pressure, pregnancy and problems associated with pregnancy, stroke, transient ischemic attack, which is also called a mini-stroke.
Diseases also can be a factor in seizures, they include advanced liver disease, Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia, epilepsy, or a disease of the nervous system, hereditary diseases, infections involving the brain, including encephalitis, brain abscess, and bacterial meningitis, kidney failure, such as chronic renal failure.

Injuries that may cause seizures include choking, head injury such as a motor vehicle accident or sports injury, electrical injuries, injury during birth or in the uterus...

More information on epilepsy (seizures)
What is epilepsy? - Epilepsy is a general term that includes various types of seizures. Epilepsy is characterized by unprovoked, recurring seizures that disrupt the nervous system.
What are seizures? - Seizures (or convulsions) are temporary alterations in brain functions due to abnormal electrical activity of a group of brain cells that present with apparent clinical symptoms and findings.
What types of seizures are there? - The two main categories of seizures include partial seizures and generalized seizures. A partial seizure can evolve to a generalized seizure.
What types of epilepsy are there? - There are several types of epilepsy. Epilepsy can be divided into two broad categories: idiopathic epilepsy and symptomatic epilepsy.
What're the common types of epilepsy? - The most common types of epilepsy are absence epilepsy, temporal lobe epilepsy, frontal lobe epilepsy, occipital lobe epilepsy, and parietal lobe epilepsy.
What causes epilepsy? - Epilepsy may be caused by a number of unrelated conditions, including damage resulting from high fever, stroke, toxicity, or electrolyte imbalances.
What factors will trigger epilepsy? - The triggers of epilepsy include inadequate sleep, food allergies, alcohol and smoking, flashing lights, developmental anomalies, and brain tumours.
Difference between seizures and epilepsy - Seizures are a symptom of epilepsy. Epilepsy is the underlying tendency of the brain to produce a sudden burst of electrical energy.
What's a grand mal seizure? - A grand mal seizure is a seizure involving the entire body, usually characterized by muscle rigidity, violent rhythmic muscle contractions, and loss of consciousness.
What's absence seizure (petit mal seizure)? - Absence seizure e - also known as petit mal seizure - is a type of seizure that most often occurs in children.
What is a febrile seizure? - A febrile seizure is a convulsion in a child triggered by a fever. A febrile seizure may be as mild as the child's eyes rolling or limbs stiffening.
What are epileptic seizures? - An epileptic seizure, often referred to as a fit, occurs when there is an abnormal discharge of neurones in the brain.
What is status epilepticus? - Status epilepticus is a continuous seizure state. Status epilepticus is most often caused by not taking anticonvulsant medication as prescribed.
What causes seizures? - Seizures may be caused by many conditions, diseases, injuries, and other factors. Injuries that may cause seizures include choking, head injury.

http://neurology.health-cares.net/seizure-causes.php

:parrot:

I suffer from seizures and am not withdrawing from any cocaine, methamphetamines OR alcohol I simply have an illness (CNS lupus). There are countless VARIED reasons for seizures which do not entail painting a person out to be using or withdrawing from drugs. I find it offensive, w no basis in fact, to be rushing baselessly to such a conclusion when not one of you has an INKLING nor clue as to which of the following causes may be responsible! Honestly is there no length some will not go to portray her in the worst possible light? JMO ETA: I think it should also be noted that seizures are also not uncommon to people like myself who have experienced HEAD trauma.:parrot:

When did your seizures begin? It's just odd that she had her first one just before Haleigh went missing and now has had a 2nd. one. Because you suffer from seizures you also know that it is very rare to have them so close together especially if you have never had them before.

You also missed a quote from that ariticle

Additional factors that may cause seizures include alcohol withdrawal • craniotomy, which is brain surgery, high fever, especially in young children, illegal drugs such as cocaine, lead poisoning, overheating, withdrawal from some medicines, including those used to treat seizures.

I see your point.
I also see it as a possible relation to her having previous knowledge of the planned abduction and the BOMB that was dropped a few days ago.
Her make over is just as effective as CASEY A. in my opinion.
Her Attorneys comments in regards to Crystals motive for putting Rj on N.TV. and that CS focus is keeping Haleigh's name out there ... WTH? The last interview CS did she didn't even mention Haleigh's name.

I find it offensive, w so little basis in fact, to be jumping so baselessly to such conclusions when not one of you has an INKLING nor clue as to which of the following causes may be responsible. Honestly is there no length some will not go to portray her in the worst possible light? JMO

First of all I'm sorry you suffer from seizures.
I don't believe that we are saying that the only people who have
seizures do so because of drugs.
I believe that we have a right to discuss the drug aspect because the players
involved in this case have admitted drug use in the past!

This whole case is based with little facts and people jump to conclusions
regarding everyone!
I just have to wonder if it was Ron who had a seizure what light some would
paint him it?
This is a discussion board and we discuss every little bit of info. That is what
we do and have done case after case.

I have found when discussing a case that may hit close to home it’s better to
take a step back and try to realize one shouldn’t take things so personal.
:blowkiss:

It wouldnt. Unless it was proven to be drug related then it might but then again it might not.

True, but then again if it is due to drugs then she does not need to have those kids in her care. poor babies:no:

When did your seizures begin? It's just odd that she had her first one just before Haleigh went missing and now has had a 2nd. one. Because you suffer from seizures you also know that it is very rare to have them so close together especially if you have never had them before.

You also missed a quote from that ariticle

Additional factors that may cause seizures include alcohol withdrawal, craniotomy, which is brain surgery, high fever, especially in young children, illegal drugs such as cocaine, lead poisoning, overheating, withdrawal from some medicines, including those used to treat seizures.

(bold mine) I did not "miss" this cause--which had already been discussed prematurely and AD INFINITUM--any more than I "missed" all the sections about children's seizures, types of seizures, triggers of seizures, diagnoses of seizures, medications for seizures, or treatments of seizures. :rolleyes: And BECAUSE I suffer from seizures, I also KNOW I did not have a seizure until age 42--and I have had multiple seizures in ONE DAY.

She has had drug problems in the past, has shown signs of possible drug use recently, and is living with a man who has drug charges as well. IMO there is nothing wrong with discussing all the possible reasons for her sudden seizure activity in the last few months.

snipped for space

I suffer from seizures and am not withdrawing from any cocaine, methamphetamines OR alcohol I simply have an illness (CNS lupus). There are countless, varied reasons for seizures which do not entail painting a person out to be using or withdrawing from drugs. I find it offensive, w no basis in fact, to be rushing baselessly to such a conclusion when not one of you has an INKLING nor clue as to which of the following causes may be responsible! Honestly, is there no length some will not go to, to portray her in the worst possible light? ETA: It is also of interest that seizures are not uncommon to people who have experienced HEAD trauma. JMO

First of all I'm sorry you suffer from seizures.
I don't believe that we are saying that the only people who have
seizures do so because of drugs.
I believe that we have a right to discuss the drug aspect because the players
involved in this case have admitted drug use in the past!

This whole case is based with little facts and people jump to conclusions
regarding everyone!
I just have to wonder if it was Ron who had a seizure what light some would
paint him it?
This is a discussion board and we discuss every little bit of info. That is what
we do and have done case after case.

I have found when discussing a case that may hit close to home it’s better to
take a step back and try to realize one shouldn’t take things so personal.
:blowkiss:

Please. We've discussed it ad nauseum. Crystal is the parent who has put drugs in her past to the extent that she felt she could discuss that chapter of her life because she no longer has nothing to HIDE. I can't say the same of Haleigh's father but even so I'd never be so presumptuous as to diagnose a cause of his seizures or any other medical condition. JMO

She has had drug problems in the past, has shown signs of possible drug use recently, and is living with a man who has drug charges as well. IMO there is nothing wrong with discussing all the possible reasons for her sudden seizure activity in the last few months.

(bold mine) In the PAST, NOT recently. LINK PLEASE.

Please. We've discussed it ad nauseum. Crystal is the parent who has put drugs in her past to the extent that she felt she could discuss that chapter of her life because she no longer has nothing to HIDE. I can not say the same of Haleigh's father but even so I'd never be so presumptuous as to diagnose a cause of his seizures or any other medical condition. JMO

In all honesty, we really have no idea if either one still uses any drugs. It's not like druggies raise thier hand when asked about it. They lie.

In all honesty, we really have no idea if either one still uses any drugs. It's not like druggies raise thier hand when asked about it. They lie.

You are right. However, I have a very strong suspicion that RC smokes marijuana. I could swear he was high a few times I have seen him on tv. I don't know about CS, I haven't observed her that much on tv. Either way I just hope they (both of them) get their daughter back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling