Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A custodial parent is to provide a place to live, clothing, food, and things necessary to maintain their health and wellbeing. If these things are being done, the money can be spent any way the custodial parent wants to spend it without ANYONE being able to say differently besides the Judge. Back support can be spent anyway one wants to spend it even if it is taking a much needed vacation without the children. The money was already spent on the children by the custodial parent and this is designed to pay them back what is due to them.

Looked to me as if he could have spent a little of those "hard earned" funds providing more than one blanket.

I know the law is the law. I would use every power within my means...including supplying Private Detectives info to the court that the finances were not going to my children. I do not believe that Ronald Cummings used even his own funds to adequately provide for his children. there are ways to fight legally to make sure that the funds go to the child and not the parents "other activities". I am sorry if I led you to believe that I would not provide for my children....my statement was meant to say I would make sure that the funds were not misused, no matter what I had to do to make that happen...and there are legal ways to do it. Would that Crystal was more aware of her legal rights in the situation....Ronald Cummings illegally kept those children from her....

Thanks for your reply, Stilettos.

Here's the thing with the child support system. The funds do not have to go the children directly. A person can go to the court with proof and show a judge that funds are being used for vacations or something else, and really, the judge can't do anything. As long as the children are not being neglected and have all their needs met (that is the key), a judge can't do anything. Most people do not have a separate fund for their child support. No one is required to keep receipts for what they spent their support on - so it's really not something that can be tracked.

Again, remember, I'm saying that the needs of the kids have to be met. They need to have a home, appropriate clothing, food, insurance, electricity - all the necessities. If the kids don't have those things and the parent is running around gambling or spending the support, that is a totally different story. Most of the time, child support is simply added into the income of the family and it helps support the child(ren) in the same way that other family income does.

I can understand why some would see that as a problem, but those that have ever received child support or have worked in the system probably understand the need to count it as income. For the people who receive it that live "week-to-week", that child support is probably "spent" before it is ever received, if you know what I mean.

Could you please provide a link that RC was not working? I am baffled as to why people are assuming this and keep throwing it out there, maybe I missed a media article that states RC did not work.

In addition, child support was based on minimum required by law the judge also gave her two months before her child support obligation began. Her lawyer stated in the January motion that Crystal had found employment, as well as taken a mortgage on a home, and a car. She accomplished alot in the 10 days between December 27, and the motion was filed which is great, but it does make it hard to understand why no child support was paid.

It should have been recalculated considering Ron wasn't working either, well that is known, I am still baffled why he didn't need Crystals money and he had no known job for years- tis a mystery!

jmo

Thanks for your reply, Stilettos.

Here's the thing with the child support system. The funds do not have to go the children directly. A person can go to the court with proof and show a judge that funds are being used for vacations or something else, and really, the judge can't do anything. As long as the children are not being neglected and have all their needs met (that is the key), a judge can't do anything. Most people do not have a separate fund for their child support. No one is required to keep receipts for what they spent their support on - so it's really not something that can be tracked.

Again, remember, I'm saying that the needs of the kids have to be met. They need to have a home, appropriate clothing, food, insurance, electricity - all the necessities. If the kids don't have those things and the parent is running around gambling or spending the support, that is a totally different story. Most of the time, child support is simply added into the income of the family and it helps support the child(ren) in the same way that other family income does.

I can understand why some would see that as a problem, but those that have ever received child support or have worked in the system probably understand the need to count it as income. For the people who receive it that live "week-to-week", that child support is probably "spent" before it is ever received, if you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean, atherella. I know the law regarding child support. I was a single parent owed child support myself. Matter of fact, I am still owed child support and that daughter is 26 years old. I was just putting myself in that situation and extrapolating what I might feel. Which actually does not matter much as it is not me...and we really do not know what Crystal is, or was thinking. There are reasons that I feel for her...reasons that I think mitigate her circumstances...but the children deserve the best...that I do not dispute.

I know this may be a little off topic, but it has to do with Crystal as well.

As I was sending her a note on my-space I noticed that no matter what she always states that "Mommy and Daddy Love You And We Will Never Stop or Give Up Looking For You" I know most don't believe the accusations about Ron and that is OK, we don't have to agree. I do believe them, but that is me. But one thing I see as an outsider is that Crystal loves Haleigh dearly and each time she pleads for Haleigh...she will say "Mommy and Daddy Love You And We Will Never Stop or Give Up Looking For You"

We don't know what all happen between the parents, but obviously there is still a small special bond that is held because of the two beautiful children they brought into the world. I just don't know what to believe or think happen to her...it's scary to think about and I pray my gut feelings are wrong.
I hope that we can all just get along and pray for Haleigh at least for the next few days because she deserves that and much more. She deserves lots of Prayers. She deserves to be found.
I don't think she would be to happy to hear us bicker about her Mommy and Daddy. I to will admit my opinions are strong at times and I do apologize. This case has gotten to me as it has to many others and we are all just to a point of desperation for answers. Can you imagine how Haleigh's mother and family feel? I could not fathom the pain that Crystal is in.
I can not imagine how terrified Haleigh must be....:frown::frown::frown::frown:

I know that tomorrow will be an extremely hard day for Crystal and Marie. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

I was talking about OTHER cases which we have heard about in the news where OTHER people have been known to kill their own child to spite the other parent. I can always look up the names, dates, and the actual cases...if you prefer. However, it DOES happen. I didn't say Crystal did it...but it is a fact that parents DO this type of thing out of revenge. We DO know that the Sheffield/Griffis clan have publicly shown their hatred and animosity towards Ronald. It isn't a secret.

I did say it was possible and it is...IMO: "Another reason...which is only my opinion of why I feel it is possible she could harm Haleigh is because she does know and has stated that Haleigh is "Ronald's heart"."No one can state that Crystal did not do this or does not know who abducted Haleigh, imo. NO ONE has been cleared by LE including Crystal!! It is up to them to decide if she could be responsible.

BBM.. Pfffttt!!! Balderdash.....

Don't you mean allegedly abducted?
To my knowledge it has not been proven that Haleigh was abducted...

BBM.. Pfffttt!!! Balderdash.....

Don't you mean allegedly abducted?
To my knowledge it has not been proven that Haleigh was abducted...
I can provide quote after quote from LE stating they are working this case as an ABDUCTION.

Out of curiosity do we know for sure there was never one payment made of support ever from Crystal ? I would like to see that link if it does show that not once did she ever make a payment.
TIA...
I still have not figured out how it is relevant in the search for Haleigh, but so be it.

Looked to me as if he could have spent a little of those "hard earned" funds providing more than one blanket.
He was providing 100% of the support without Crystal's help (this includes what his family helped with also). He was paying for rent, bills, gasoline, insurance for the vehicles, food, clothing, etc. because Crystal did not give him a thin DIME. He worked for the money to provide for his children. If he could only afford so many blankets...I can understand it. Maybe now that someone ELSE stepped up to the plate to take care of HER financial obligation...he can buy an extra blanket or two. Thank GOD! Too bad it is too little too late, imo.

I know the law is the law. I would use every power within my means...including supplying Private Detectives info to the court that the finances were not going to my children. I do not believe that Ronald Cummings used even his own funds to adequately provide for his children. there are ways to fight legally to make sure that the funds go to the child and not the parents "other activities". I am sorry if I led you to believe that I would not provide for my children....my statement was meant to say I would make sure that the funds were not misused, no matter what I had to do to make that happen...and there are legal ways to do it. Would that Crystal was more aware of her legal rights in the situation....Ronald Cummings illegally kept those children from her....it would have been nice if he used his "legal means of income" to provide more than one blanket per child and curtains in the windows. That's just me though...I consider that kind of stuff basic.

BBM --

Where did you get any info that the kids were not being properly cared for? As far as I can tell, they were not malnurished from not having food. They had school supplies, lunch money, clothing, toys, a roof over their head, air conditioning, water, electricity, medical supplies, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc. Plus the vehicle RC used to drive them around and the gas it takes to do so. So what if they only had one blanket?!? They seemed to have necessities, which is all that matters. Seems to me the child support being paid to RC (or what was supposed to be paid, anyway) was going to support the kids. Who cares how else he spends his money as long as the kids are properly cared for!

It seems irrelevant whether or not the initial custody terms and child support terms were "fair" or not, considering CS recently had an attorny (KP) who was supposed to be working for CS and the children's best interests. Seems to me all that attorney did was bring forth spurious accusations...did she really do anything to "right" whatever injustices many here talk about over and over and over and over and...? I would think that KP is astute enough to read through the record and court documents and prepare a motion or two to correct whatever problems people here are complaining about. SHE DIDN'T DO THAT! Why? She was also dropped like a hot potato once RC and his home (INCLUDING MC) were determined acceptable to DCF.

None of this means that I believe CS, personally, is behind Haleigh's disappearance and it is all JMVHO.

I have to wonder why he didn't pay her childsupport payments. HaLeigh would of been considered his neice and future stepdaughter.
Debs, I was a single mother from the age of 18 and did not remarry again till I was 25 it lasted a year because I WILL NOT SUPPORT A Man. I met my husband now in 1997 and we married in 1999. At the time I was a finance manager putting in 10 hour days all that ended for me when my little girl inhailed airfreshener and died in our home about 20 min after getting off the bus. I was and still am not the same women I was since the loss of my Casey. Yes I was blessed to have found a man that would allow mr to stay at home with my remaining children. He also helped me develope my buisiness over the last 8 years that 20 days of work gross for me what most earn in two years. I feel blessed to have finally been able to be a stay at home mom for my two remaining girls who are now 21 and 22 and now I am able to enjoy my first grandchild (pic of him as my avatar)
I can relate on so many levels with Crystal, but, can not give her a break on her behavior since all of this began and her forgetting that HaLeigh is the victim not herself.

I am sooooo sorry to hear about your devastating loss. I can't imagine how terrible that would be. I am sooooo sorry.

Why does it matter that Haleigh would be considered his niece, is that just a dig at the fact Crystal has a relationship with her stepbrother, which anyone should know is not biologically related? It happens more than you think-

And if its just because shes his niece, not by anything genetic- I mean is it common for uncles to be supporting their nieces or something? Crystal was responsible for her support, her and only her until there is a ring slipped on her finger- why should she put extra pressure on Chad for money? She knows he has 3 kids of his own, so she didn't burden him with something more than likely he couldn't afford, do you stop loving and being with someone if they aren't well off enough to pay your debts, because that seems pretty superficial to me.

jmo

IMHO Chad has been involved in this childs life for most if not all her little life. MO is if he was good enough to have a relationship with his stepsister that lead to the birth of a his child; then he should of stood up and became a man and provide for the family he has chosen to make and be a part of. Sorry excuse if you ask me, and heart wrenching that everyone around this child will not take on their responsibility or at least help each other to support the children.
My nephews came to visit me for the summer and the first thing I did was help furnish anything they needed that there mother could not afford to send with them. Family supports each other no matter what and in MO Chad was family way before he and Crystal became intimate and took it to the next level and that goes with reasponsibilities. I would of thought Chad would be concerned with Crystal being sent behind bars for non payment of child support with a new baby and his three children needing a caregiver for the children why he was at work.

IMHO Chad has been involved in this childs life for most if not all her little life. MO is if he was good enough to have a relationship with his stepsister that lead to cloe then he should of stood up and became a man and provide for the family he has chosen to make and be a part of. Sorry excuse if you ask me, and heart wrenching that everyone around this child will not take on their responsibility or at least help each other to support the children.
My nephews came to visit me for the summer and the first thing I did was help furnish anything they needed that there mother could not afford to send with them. Family supports each other no matter what and in MO Chad was family way before he and Crystal became intimate and took it to the next level and that goes with reasponsibilities. I would of thought Chad would be concerned with Crystal being sent behind bars for non payment of child support with a new baby and his three children needing a caregiver for the children why he was at work.

Crystal never would have went to jail for child support.

jmo

I have to wonder why he didn't pay her childsupport payments. HaLeigh would of been considered his neice and future stepdaughter.
Debs, I was a single mother from the age of 18 and did not remarry again till I was 25 it lasted a year because I WILL NOT SUPPORT A Man. I met my husband now in 1997 and we married in 1999. At the time I was a finance manager putting in 10 hour days all that ended for me when my little girl inhailed airfreshener and died in our home about 20 min after getting off the bus. I was and still am not the same women I was since the loss of my Casey. Yes I was blessed to have found a man that would allow mr to stay at home with my remaining children. He also helped me develope my buisiness over the last 8 years that 20 days of work gross for me what most earn in two years. I feel blessed to have finally been able to be a stay at home mom for my two remaining girls who are now 21 and 22 and now I am able to enjoy my first grandchild (pic of him as my avatar)
I can relate on so many levels with Crystal, but, can not give her a break on her behavior since all of this began and her forgetting that HaLeigh is the victim not herself.

Texasmommy, I have read some of your previous posts regarding your daughter Casey and I just wanted to take this chance to let you know I am very sorry for your devestating loss, but I also wanted to thank you for sharing such a painful part of your life with us.

It has reminded me how important it is to continually educate my teenage son on these dangers, and I wanted to thank for that :blowkiss:
Afterall, knowledge is power.

Crystal never would have went to jail for child support.

jmo

What makes you say that? It's not like she just missed a payment or 2, or was just a little behind. I think it was an outrageous contempt of the court's orders and think there is a real chance she would have been locked up for it....it's not like she would have been able to pay a fine, and the contempt is a jailable offence (and rightfully so).

What makes you say that? It's not like she just missed a payment or 2, or was just a little behind. I think it was an outrageous contempt of the court's orders and think there is a real chance she would have been locked up for it....it's not like she would have been able to pay a fine, and the contempt is a jailable offence (and rightfully so).

Honestly, I think that if the custodial parent waits for 3 years to collect support, they should be held just as accountable for not pushing for the money right from the get go with the courts as the person who hasn't been paying support.

jmo

Honestly, I think that if the custodial parent waits for 3 years to collect support, they should be held just as accountable for not pushing for the money right from the get go with the courts as the person who hasn't been paying support.

jmo

Wow....lol....ok. Can I ask why? How could you possibly consider a parent financially supporting a child as as contemptible as a parent who refuses to do so? I'm sure glad the law doesn't agree with you!

Wow....lol....ok. Can I ask why? How could you possibly consider a parent financially supporting a child as as contemptible as a parent who refuses to do so? I'm sure glad the law doesn't agree with you!

Because the custodial parent should make sure the children are getting money from the other- I wish the courts would agree with me, maybe in time-

I feel Ron wasn't going after support from Crystal because he didn't want to explain to the courts his job- or lack thereof-

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member