Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point is that you probably don't have non-custodial children that are owed years worth of child support, while you stay at home and your husband works. That is the difference. I'm sure if you had the obligation to help financially support children you lost custody of, your husband would help you to meet that obligation.
Chad never assisted Crystal in her obligation and duty of supporting her children. That is the point that was trying to be made.

And lucky you to have such a wonderful husband and blessed life. I truly hope Crystal does get to experience that in life :)

years ago when i started dating my husband, I was 18 and he had a 5 year old son,

my mom told me that boy becomes your responsibility too if you move in with him,

well, two years later my husband lost his overtime overnight, If I had not helped with the child support he would of been in the same boat as crystal, but, i remember my moms words, he was my responsibility too,

I helped and about 2 years later i helped with a lawyer and we got full custody of him,

for the crystal sake, i hope her fiance does the same,
when your in a relationship and other one has kids they become your responsibility too jmo

Originally Posted by Malesherbes
I am not being insulting, or trying, but I know that Tim Miller isn't going into this looking for a live child, thats all.
BBM

I don't mean to pick at a post , but, :bang: what the heck is your point?

The point is its hard to have faith for the recovery of a live child when they are going into this looking for a body. Everyone here wants her to be found alive, but when even the family is asking for them to come in, hope slowly dissipates.

We do not have a way to know the thoughts and process behind that situation. There is no way to judge whether Chad made an informed choice to omit helping her child support obligations....was he working the entire time? Was there funds adequate enough to support the home, children and Jr and HaLeigh. Do we know if Crystal was aware of how RC would spend the funds and if they would be spent on the children. No we do not. Those would be opinions, suppositions or rumor....if stated as fact...it is my recollection that if stated as fact at WS upstairs, we need to provide a link.

BBM

It is not up to the non-custodial parent to decide how child support is spent. The custodial parent bears the cost for providing a home, insurance, clothing, feeding, etc, for the children. Child support is to help defray those costs. The person paying child support does not get to allocate where the funds go, and decide whether or not to pay because he or she feels like the the support may not be well spent. That is not how the child support system is set up.

That is a fact.

[/B]

IMHO. Crystal did not and may I repeat did not harm Haleigh out of revenge, nor is she the ONE responsible for Haleigh's disappearance..

I can't believe your opinion that Haleigh was harmned, possibly killed by her mother out of revenge is being allowed here..Even IF it is just your opinion

I highly suspect Ron Cummings is responsible for whatever it is that happened to Haleigh, and always have, but I would never dream of stating whatever happend was on purpose.
I was talking about OTHER cases which we have heard about in the news where OTHER people have been known to kill their own child to spite the other parent. I can always look up the names, dates, and the actual cases...if you prefer. However, it DOES happen. I didn't say Crystal did it...but it is a fact that parents DO this type of thing out of revenge. We DO know that the Sheffield/Griffis clan have publicly shown their hatred and animosity towards Ronald. It isn't a secret.

I did say it was possible and it is...IMO: "Another reason...which is only my opinion of why I feel it is possible she could harm Haleigh is because she does know and has stated that Haleigh is "Ronald's heart"."

No one can state that Crystal did not do this or does not know who abducted Haleigh, imo. NO ONE has been cleared by LE including Crystal!! It is up to them to decide if she could be responsible.

I would really like to know what Crystal has done to offend so many posters. I do not understand it at all. I applaud and commend Crystal for having organized this event!

And you are right, raeann, no one has any way of knowing what made it into the video and what didn't.
For me, it was the garbage coming out of her mouth on Geraldo and other places attacking Ronald while she should have been trying to keep the focus on finding Haleigh. This was in direct contrast to the things she stated earlier and her actions towards him. She took the opportunity instead to further her own agenda. I could go on from there...but that was the beginning of what she has done to offend me and why I find I do not trust anything she says or does now. Lies and deceit which are proven do not breed trust, imo.

The press would not cut Crystal out of a media event she organized, imo. They would have no reason to do this to her.

What basis could you possibly have to post that upstairs at WS??????? Do you happen to have a link or any media statement to prove your assertion that Chad does not want to support financially, emotionally and otherwise the children of Crystal? There are many men in this country who willingly, lovingly support and nurture children not from their own body. To infer otherwise is insulting to those men and the children that they care for.:mad:
Gee...isn't it public record that Crystal never paid a dime to support her children and was living with Chad at the time while having his child? I believe we have established this as a fact. So this would be my "basis" for stating this UPSTAIRS as you call it. It is not a rumor. It isn't even innuendo. Chad did NOT help Crystal pay her child support for Haleigh and Rj. Can you dispute this in any way? I don't think so.

Gee...isn't it public record that Crystal never paid a dime to support her children and was living with Chad at the time while having his child? I believe we have established this as a fact. So this would be my "basis" for stating this UPSTAIRS as you call it. It is not a rumor. It isn't even innuendo. Chad did NOT help Crystal pay her child support for Haleigh and Rj. Can you dispute this in any way? I don't think so.

Does anyone know what Chad does for a living, doesn't he have 3 biological kids? Maybe he just doesn't have enough to pay her support, I mean has it been spoken about that he is like a millionaire or wealthy or something?

Oh. So it's okay that you don't have a steady job and rely upon a man to support you. I know then that you can see how it is wonderful that Crystal has found a man who is like your man; willing to support her. God bless.
I have to wonder why he didn't pay her childsupport payments. HaLeigh would of been considered his neice and future stepdaughter.
Debs, I was a single mother from the age of 18 and did not remarry again till I was 25 it lasted a year because I WILL NOT SUPPORT A Man. I met my husband now in 1997 and we married in 1999. At the time I was a finance manager putting in 10 hour days all that ended for me when my little girl inhailed airfreshener and died in our home about 20 min after getting off the bus. I was and still am not the same women I was since the loss of my Casey. Yes I was blessed to have found a man that would allow mr to stay at home with my remaining children. He also helped me develope my buisiness over the last 8 years that 20 days of work gross for me what most earn in two years. I feel blessed to have finally been able to be a stay at home mom for my two remaining girls who are now 21 and 22 and now I am able to enjoy my first grandchild (pic of him as my avatar)
I can relate on so many levels with Crystal, but, can not give her a break on her behavior since all of this began and her forgetting that HaLeigh is the victim not herself.

BBM

It is not up to the non-custodial parent to decide how child support is spent. The custodial parent bears the cost for providing a home, insurance, clothing, feeding, etc, for the children. Child support is to help defray those costs. The person paying child support does not get to allocate where the funds go, and decide whether or not to pay because he or she feels like the the support may not be well spent. That is not how the child support system is set up.

That is a fact.

You may say that...but I can assure you...if I were required to support my children and knew that the funds did not go towards providing for them...I would find another way to provide for their needs and not that of a parent out of control. I understand the legalities of the child support enforcement office. Have used them myself. Just saying....

Uh, I'm not SS here, but it is pretty obvious that he did not support financially the children of Crystal (as you put it). That would be why she owed 12K in child support. She never paid support for her and Ronalds children so it's blatantly obvious that Chad never helped with it, because it was not paid.

I don't consider somebody who goes years without paying support to be supporting the children. Maybe that's just me :waitasec:
Yes there are many men in this coutry who willingly, lovingly support children, that are not their own, Chad just is not one of them..

Child support was set on Dec 1st based on Ronald's income of $2051 and Crystal's of $949. (Even though Crystal wasn't there to testify to her employment status or income. The information was gleaned from Ronald who stated Crystal worked at a restaurant.) But wait! Crystal testifies on Dec 27th that she's been out of a job for a month because she was told by Ronald that she couldn't have visits with the kids and work. She testifies that he told her that he didn't want the kids left with a babysitter while she worked, and she lost her job for complying with the demands of Ronald in order to see her children. Sword of Damocles again! But she testifies that she's been looking for a job and while she has three apps in, doesn't have any leads at the time of the Dec 27th hearing. But she testifies that HER mother will help her out until she gets a job.

The magistrate says there will be a recalculation based on the fact that Crystal was unemployed at the time of the first hearing. That recalculation was never done, if she got herself $12,000 in delinquent child support. It should have been recalculated. IMO.

Does anyone know what Chad does for a living, doesn't he have 3 biological kids? Maybe he just doesn't have enough to pay her support, I mean has it been spoken about that he is like a millionaire or wealthy or something?
The point is he was being heralded as this great guy that was willing to support Crystal and allow her to be a stay at home mother. In order for him to do this...he would have to consider her OTHER children and not just his own. This clearly did not happen.

What you stated was that he did not want to. You have absolutely no way of knowing that unless you were in his head. He has not stated that in the media. You are making an assumption about his thought process and have no basis for doing so.

Child support was set on Dec 1st based on Ronald's income of $2051 and Crystal's of $949. (Even though Crystal wasn't there to testify to her employment status or income. The information was gleaned from Ronald who stated Crystal worked at a restaurant.) But wait! Crystal testifies on Dec 27th that she's been out of a job for a month because she was told by Ronald that she couldn't have visits with the kids and work. She testifies that he told her that he didn't want the kids left with a babysitter while she worked, and she lost her job for complying with the demands of Ronald in order to see her children. Sword of Damocles again! But she testifies that she's been looking for a job and while she has three apps in, doesn't have any leads at the time of the Dec 27th hearing. But she testifies that HER mother will help her out until she gets a job.

The magistrate says there will be a recalculation based on the fact that Crystal was unemployed at the time of the first hearing. That recalculation was never done, if she got herself $12,000 in delinquent child support. It should have been recalculated. IMO.

It should have been recalculated considering Ron wasn't working either, well that is known, I am still baffled why he didn't need Crystals money and he had no known job for years- tis a mystery!

jmo

AND...although this is being discussed on the Ron thread, where it is OFF TOPIC...I will put the post here since it is about Crystal.

Just because a video editor at a news studio, sitting in a dark room without windows, edits a tape that he/she is handed and ends up with no shots of Crystal in the final product---it does not mean that she did not attend the event that was her idea, that she planned, organized and carried out. A film editor uses the parts of the film that they choose for whatever reason. Perhaps the part with Crystal was ruined by a passing truck, or someone honking a horn in support, or the camera person tripped and made the film blur. Perhaps the editor had no idea who was who in the film and just randomly decided to use the few interviews that they placed into the final clip. It was a great event, a wonderful idea and it was done by Crystal....oh, and here is the part that matters, it was done FOR HALEIGH.

In the video clips, I clearly see a young woman with a long ponytail and a hat, who looks like Crystal. Same build, same hair color.

You may say that...but I can assure you...if I were required to support my children and knew that the funds did not go towards providing for them...I would find another way to provide for their needs and not that of a parent out of control. I understand the legalities of the child support enforcement office. Have used them myself. Just saying....
A custodial parent is to provide a place to live, clothing, food, and things necessary to maintain their health and wellbeing. If these things are being done, the money can be spent any way the custodial parent wants to spend it without ANYONE being able to say differently besides the Judge. Back support can be spent anyway one wants to spend it even if it is taking a much needed vacation without the children. The money was already spent on the children by the custodial parent and this is designed to pay them back what is due to them.

What you stated was that he did not want to. You have absolutely no way of knowing that unless you were in his head. He has not stated that in the media. You are making an assumption about his thought process and have no basis for doing so.
Did he make an attempt and I missed it?! :eek:

Stilettos - Crystal never knew if her child support was going to support her kids or not because she never paid any. Let's just be honest about that.

And you always claim people should not take the law into his or her own hands, yet you are claiming you would do just that if you had to pay support and felt the funds were not providing for the kids. The law is that child support is paid by the non-custodial parent for the support of his or her children. Again, the non-custodial parent does not get to decide how it is spent. The custodial parent is the person that provides everything for the children including a roof over the kid's head, clothing, insurance, water for bathing, electricity, telephone, food, school supplies, most likely cable television - and all the other things that people take for granted. ALL those things cost money. The non-custodial does not get to tell the other parent how to spend that money. That is not how the law works.

If the non-custodial parent wants to open a bank account, in addition to the child support provided to make sure that there are funds for the child(ren), of course that is an option.

I have to wonder why he didn't pay her childsupport payments. HaLeigh would of been considered his neice and future stepdaughter.
Debs, I was a single mother from the age of 18 and did not remarry again till I was 25 it lasted a year because I WILL NOT SUPPORT A Man. I met my husband now in 1997 and we married in 1999. At the time I was a finance manager putting in 10 hour days all that ended for me when my little girl inhailed airfreshener and died in our home about 20 min after getting off the bus. I was and still am not the same women I was since the loss of my Casey. Yes I was blessed to have found a man that would allow mr to stay at home with my remaining children. He also helped me develope my buisiness over the last 8 years that 20 days of work gross for me what most earn in two years. I feel blessed to have finally been able to be a stay at home mom for my two remaining girls who are now 21 and 22 and now I am able to enjoy my first grandchild (pic of him as my avatar)
I can relate on so many levels with Crystal, but, can not give her a break on her behavior since all of this began and her forgetting that HaLeigh is the victim not herself.

Why does it matter that Haleigh would be considered his niece, is that just a dig at the fact Crystal has a relationship with her stepbrother, which anyone should know is not biologically related? It happens more than you think-

And if its just because shes his niece, not by anything genetic- I mean is it common for uncles to be supporting their nieces or something? Crystal was responsible for her support, her and only her until there is a ring slipped on her finger- why should she put extra pressure on Chad for money? She knows he has 3 kids of his own, so she didn't burden him with something more than likely he couldn't afford, do you stop loving and being with someone if they aren't well off enough to pay your debts, because that seems pretty superficial to me.

jmo

Stilettos - Crystal never knew if her child support was going to support her kids or not because she never paid any. Let's just be honest about that.

And you always claim people should not take the law into his or her own hands, yet you are claiming you would do just that if you had to pay support and felt the funds were not providing for the kids. The law is that child support is paid by the non-custodial parent for the support of his or her children. Again, the non-custodial parent does not get to decide how it is spent. The custodial parent is the person that provides everything for the children including a roof over the kid's head, clothing, insurance, water for bathing, electricity, telephone, food, school supplies, most likely cable television - and all the other things that people take for granted. ALL those things cost money. The non-custodial does not get to tell the other parent how to spend that money. That is not how the law works.

If the non-custodial parent wants to open a bank account, in addition to the child support provided to make sure that there are funds for the child(ren), of course that is an option.

I know the law is the law. I would use every power within my means...including supplying Private Detectives info to the court that the finances were not going to my children. I do not believe that Ronald Cummings used even his own funds to adequately provide for his children. there are ways to fight legally to make sure that the funds go to the child and not the parents "other activities". I am sorry if I led you to believe that I would not provide for my children....my statement was meant to say I would make sure that the funds were not misused, no matter what I had to do to make that happen...and there are legal ways to do it. Would that Crystal was more aware of her legal rights in the situation....Ronald Cummings illegally kept those children from her....it would have been nice if he used his "legal means of income" to provide more than one blanket per child and curtains in the windows. That's just me though...I consider that kind of stuff basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991