Crystal S., Haleigh's mother

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were several reasons the judge gave for granting Ron custody in the doc, so to just pick out one is not accurate if you read it Ron working was only one of the reasons. Another reason was the mothers lack of sustained contact with the children. I am sure that played heavily in the judges decision as well as her failing to appear at the first hearing. She had sporadic phone conversations with them and only one visit prior to the original hearing.

Crystal also states in the docs that since she had left Ron she got a license, a car, a job, and got a mortgage and bought a house in her own name. I have searched and searched and can not find any records of her owning a home or having a mortgage in her name.

Look under her mom and step dad name as in one report Mom stated she knew where CG was because he lived in front of her.

She raised a couple of criminals, I hardly think RC and sis were raised in an ideal environment.
I don't think we can blame his mother for their choices in life. They have a father and other influences. Not all serial killers have mothers with a past history of making harrassing phone calls! Oh, the horror! :waitasec:

There were several reasons the judge gave for granting Ron custody in the doc, so to just pick out one is not accurate if you read it Ron working was only one of the reasons. Another reason was the mothers lack of sustained contact with the children. I am sure that played heavily in the judges decision as well as her failing to appear at the first hearing. She had sporadic phone conversations with them and only one visit prior to the original hearing.

Crystal also states in the docs that since she had left Ron she got a license, a car, a job, and got a mortgage and bought a house in her own name. I have searched and searched and can not find any records of her owning a home or having a mortgage in her name.
Sounds good on paper, but in reality...it could be she was paying a relative a buck a month for a cheap trailer, having a car put in her name someone else paid for, and we know she hasn't held onto a steady job. I think you hit the nail on the head with the lack of care and attention she was showing the children. Missing the doctor's appointments showed a consistent pattern.

The Judge's reasons for granting Ronald custody were :

1. His employment(Crystal was also employed as a waitress at Bar-B-Q, but Ronald made more money).

2.He lived with his mother

3.Crystal's infrequent contact with the kids.

I'm not sure when Crystal's restraining order against Ronald came about. Anyone know? She did state that she once dropped a restraining order so that she could see/speak to her children.
Was this near the time she was charged with filing 2 false reports?

Was this near the time she was charged with filing 2 false reports?

I have no idea, SeriouslySearching. This is all the info I have at this point at this point, besides Crystal saying she dropped a restraining order once so she could see the kids.

From JVM show:

Pam, you`re the Florida state prosecutor. You`ve analyzed the Sarasota County arrest record. What can you tell me about the drug charges and also this violation of domestic injunction? What does that mean?

PAM COUNTY, PROSECUTOR: Well, you know, Jane, and it`s interesting because, yes, I`ve been reviewing this. and we have a copy right here of the injunction.

He was pulled over on a routine traffic stop. And the police officer noticed some suspicion, brought in a drug dog, and he had all these drugs in his car, on his possession.

Now, also in the report it tells us -- we had known he had this violation -- an injunction. But now we know that he was not to possess firearms. He was not to come within 100 feet of Crystal, who was the petitioner at the time in the injunction.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So wait. In plain English, is that like a restraining order?

BONDI: Exactly. That`s exactly what it is. She had a restraining order. And this also mentions that they had minor children together.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/25/ijvm.01.html

We can all have our opinions on who's side is guiltier...but the sad fact is, Haleigh is still missing. No one is any closer to finding her. It looks to me like LE put up the big show for 2 days with the dogs and the dumpster fiasco, and then in the end turned the trailer back over to Ron. They refuse to say anything. I just get the feeling this little one is going to fade into the woodwork......this could have been handled better from the start. By all involved. Just my 2 cents.

Interesting. Thanks, Indigo!

YW, SeriouslySearching. This must be the one that Crystal dropped?:

http://208.75.175.18/ovationweb/courtcase.aspx?casetype=Civil&case=06000115DR0

Plaintiff(s):S.CRYSTAL D
Defendant(s):C. RONALD L

3/23/2006 .ORDER OF DISMISSAL OF TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION
03/22/2006 .SUMMONS RETURNED SERVED
03/13/2006 .PETITION FOR INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIO
03/13/2006 .SERVICE INFORMATION SHEET
03/13/2006 .UNIFORM CHILD CUSTODY JURISDICTION AFFIDAVIT
03/13/2006 .TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLEN

YW, SeriouslySearching. This must be the one that Crystal dropped?:

http://208.75.175.18/ovationweb/courtcase.aspx?casetype=Civil&case=06000115DR0

Plaintiff(s):S. CRYSTAL D
Defendant(s):C. RONALD L

3/23/2006 .ORDER OF DISMISSAL OF TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION
03/22/2006 .SUMMONS RETURNED SERVED
03/13/2006 .PETITION FOR INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIO
03/13/2006 .SERVICE INFORMATION SHEET
03/13/2006 .UNIFORM CHILD CUSTODY JURISDICTION AFFIDAVIT
03/13/2006 .TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLEN

I happened to notice that the injunction for domestic violence against Ron was I THINK (I'm no lawyer) filed right after something happened where I THINK (again I'm no lawyer) Crystal was accused of doing something to the kids. I'm not saying I know this is really what all this means but it was just an observation I made. I haven't checked to see if this was all going on at the same time as the Sarasota incident tho.

(I snipped this part out of the post Leila made in the documents thread stickied at the top)

Plaintiffs
C. RONALD LEMYLES
Defendants
S.CRYSTAL DIANE
2006-03-09

036.EMERGENCY MOTION FOR RETURN OF CHILDREN - PETITIONER
2006-03-15
037.NOTICE OF HEARING - HRG SET FOR 03/21/06 @ 10:30
2006-03-16
038.SUBPOENA FOR HEARING - HRG SET FOR 03/21/06 @ 10:30
2006-03-16
SUBPOENA FOR: MICHAEL S W. C/O WALMART DISTRIBUTION
2006-03-16
CENTER
2006-03-20
039.NOTICE OF FILING TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR
2006-03-20
PROTECTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE WITH MINOR
2006-03-20
CHILDREN
2006-03-21
040.FAMILY COURT MINUTES
2006-03-22
041.ORDER ON EMERGENCY MOTION FOR RETURN OF CHILDREN
2006-03-22
042.NOTICE OF FILING TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR
2006-03-22
2006-03-22
CHILDREN

EDITED TO ADD: I was thinking something happened while the kids were in her care and she was afraid that Ron would be very angry at her, but that's just a supposition on my part.

I happened to notice that the injunction for domestic violence against Ron was I THINK (I'm no lawyer) filed right after something happened where I THINK (again I'm no lawyer) Crystal was accused of doing something to the kids. I'm not saying I know this is really what all this means but it was just an observation I made. I haven't checked to see if this was all going on at the same time as the Sarasota incident tho.

(I snipped this part out of the post Leila made in the documents thread stickied at the top)

Plaintiffs
C. RONALD LEMYLES
Defendants
S.CRYSTAL DIANE
2006-03-09

036.EMERGENCY MOTION FOR RETURN OF CHILDREN - PETITIONER
2006-03-15
037.NOTICE OF HEARING - HRG SET FOR 03/21/06 @ 10:30
2006-03-16
038.SUBPOENA FOR HEARING - HRG SET FOR 03/21/06 @ 10:30
2006-03-16
SUBPOENA FOR: MICHAEL S W. C/O WALMART DISTRIBUTION
2006-03-16
CENTER
2006-03-20
039.NOTICE OF FILING TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR
2006-03-20
2006-03-20
CHILDREN
2006-03-21
040.FAMILY COURT MINUTES
2006-03-22
041.ORDER ON EMERGENCY MOTION FOR RETURN OF CHILDREN
2006-03-22
042.NOTICE OF FILING TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR
2006-03-22
2006-03-22
CHILDREN

EDITED TO ADD: I was thinking something happened while the kids were in her care and she was afraid that Ron would be very angry at her, but that's just a supposition on my part.
Thanks, Ceeker. This is like a huge, tangled ball of twine.

Thanks, Ceeker. This is like a huge, tangled ball of twine.

So true! And it's so hard to figure out anything definitively since we don't have all the documents the courts, etc., relied on. And, like someone posted somewhere, if you look at Putnam County Clerk records and do random searches on people, it seems like a lot of this he said/she said/arrest stuff was the norm (not to mention the norm in each family!)

I highly doubt Crystal had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance. Court records mean nothing, IMO.

I do find it interesting that she was "served" for non-payment of child support the day before Haleigh went missing.

I believe its been asked time and again to not post peoples name that are not part of this case.

I know it is "V" .. from his daughter's birth announcement but I don't know if it is Victor or not sorry

What is Crystal's middle initial?

I found some docs in alachua FL for a CS but the middle initial for a few is R and it looks like they might be the same person? Not the same as Haleigh's mother but the same one on most of the docs in Alachua FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess9976