Crystal S., Haleigh's mother

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone with DNA knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong. But I think Haleigh could be ID'd with her dad or moms dna. Kinda makes me think that they need to test to rule out dna ID on evidence.

Mitochondrial DNA passes from mother to child and can be processed fairly quickly.

I imagine they are seeking Crystal in order to try to match the mito DNA to something they may have found.

I don't think this means she is a suspect- I think it means there is something that they can use comparative DNA analysis on.

They have Misty with them now as far as I know, so no one is in danger..
Ummmm
This all is very skeery!:eek:

Maybe they took her to get her DNA as well...

The way it escaped into the media is probably by LE showing up at her tent and asking where she is, explianing why they are looking for her ?:confused:

Except it would make no sense for them to tell her family why they are looking for her since they haven't been giving them any information according to MG. To broadcast they want DNA to me is pretty significant.

My opinion... something came back and they want Crystal's dna to "rule her out" ... RC's dna could be used to match against HC...or as SS has said, they could have used HC's toothbrush or whatnot to ID her.

I think my theory is coming to a close....*drum roll*

But why the urgency? If they needed a sample for evidence that has come back would they really need to track her down, right this second? It's just weird.

Something is just not sitting right with me and the Bio mom. I first did not suspect her of anything, but as time has gone by, IDK. My reasons:
1 loss of custody
2. no decent attempts at regaining custody
3. If she stated it had been 2 weeks since she seen Haleigh, and her visitation is everyother weekend, she should have had visit on the weekend of 7th and 8th- she skipped out on a chance to be with her kids
4. contempt of court non payment of child support (timing also)
5. music on myspace
6. Lack of pics of Haleigh- all about new baby
7. fiancee questioned days later?
8. She starts to sling Ron in the mud, maybe to deflect off of her? Jealous of his support? Attempt to regain custody? All while she and her family have similiar arrests?
9. LE wants her DNA

I am starting to have a bad feeling about this.

Ron Wirth, a former FBI agent who's been doing general analysis on the investigation as a representative of First Coast Crime Stoppers, says the move to get the DNA from Haleigh's mother may be about evidence.

"They may be seeking the biological mother's DNA to establish a basis for test comparisons on items that they have found, or will find, to positively identify or eliminate those items as evidence in this matter," said Wirth.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132277&catid=3

Update same article.

what in the heck is going on?Just checked the news and they're wanting Crystal's dna and she's went to the wrong office,what is happening?

I meant if LE thought Crystal was bolting, wouldn't they keep that quiet?
I don't think Crystal is bolting or they would have surely said something different?
Maybe they are trying to just hurry while they have Misty with them. Just in case they can get some kind of positive match, they can hold her instead of returning her to the family camp..

Which would be the quickest method to determine a match?
Would the Mitochondrial dna take just as long as a regular dna match?

mitochondrial dna is a lot quicker and cheaper than a nuclear dna test.
if they send it to a crime lab and put a rush on it, they could probably have the results back tomorrow by noon.

3. If she stated it had been 2 weeks since she seen Haleigh, and her visitation is everyother weekend, she should have had visit on the weekend of 7th and 8th- she skipped out on a chance to be with her kids

She had Jr. for her scheduled visitation on Feb 13-15

Prior to that she had both of them the last weekend in January.

She did not miss a visitation. When Haleigh went missing it was a few days prior to her next visitation (Feb 13) and on Thursday Feb 12 she said on Nancy Grace she had not seen them for two weeks.

I don't think Crystal is bolting or they would have surely said something different?
Maybe they are trying to just hurry while they have Misty with them. Just in case they can get some kind of positive match, they can hold her instead of returning her to the family camp..

Good point!

what in the heck is going on?Just checked the news and they're wanting Crystal's dna and she's went to the wrong office,what is happening?

Crystal didn't go to the wrong office- she is at the Doctor and LE went to the wrong Drs office looking for her.

Ron Wirth, a former FBI agent who's been doing general analysis on the investigation as a representative of First Coast Crime Stoppers, says the move to get the DNA from Haleigh's mother may be about evidence.

"They may be seeking the biological mother's DNA to establish a basis for test comparisons on items that they have found, or will find, to positively identify or eliminate those items as evidence in this matter," said Wirth.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132277&catid=3

Update same article.

This is what I'm thinking this is about. But why the urgency? Why not just wait till Crystal came back? The urgency is what throws me.

or in case she lawyers up. JMO

Now this is an interesting thought.

But why the urgency? If they needed a sample for evidence that has come back would they really need to track her down, right this second? It's just weird.

You're right but it's also weird that they went to get her from the doctors office and they were at the wrong one... i mean...how big is Satsuma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member