Crystal S., Haleigh's mother

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Haleigh was not missing and all of the dirty laundry thrown out there for the public to see, I wonder if some would feel differently about the judges decision.

1. Crystal had no job or source of income
2. Ron had a job and source of income
3. Crystal neglected to get Haleigh to several drs appointments and Jr to 1
4. Ron had drug charges
5. Crystals mom the person who Haleigh, Jr, and Crystal would be living with and
providing care for the children had drug charges
6. The judge viewed the domestic violence reports
7. The judge viewed DFC reports from both Crystal and Rons home
8. Crystal did not show up for a court hearing, even though she was personally served
and responded to the petition
9. Crystal and Ron both said they had no problem with the kids having unsupervised
visits.
10. Ron tested clean on drug test and had proof of that
11. Crystal said she tested clean on drug test but had no proof of that

I honestly cannot see how the judge could of made a different decision than he did.

I can. If he had made a different decision, Haleigh might not be missing. The child CS has custody of is not missing.

1. CS would have had an income if she received custody in the form of child support.
2. Crystal was living with Ron, had no driver's license and relied on Ron & his family for transportation. Why wasn't he responsible for getting her to the Dr, if he's such a loving, caring father.
3. A relative having drug charges is completely different than the custodial parent having drug charges.
4. The judge said her claims of not getting notice of the initial hearing were valid and it was indeed sent to an address where she had never lived.
BTW, this is a relatively common tactic in custody cases.
4. A DCF case worker took her to get the drug test, just because he asked her about it doesn't mean it wasn't on file. It certainly wasn't disputed in court.
The judge's ruling was based on Ron having a job and source of income. He said so himself.

My understanding from the court documents is Crystal was not living with Ron at the time the drs appointments were missed, a relative having drug charges that you are going to be living with and relying on them providing care for the children is the same as a custodial parent in my book, the original petition was personally served to Crystal and she answered that IIRC 13 days after being served would it not be her responsibility to update the court with her current address? The judge reviewed the DCF reports and the domestic violence files if there was anything alarming in them with the regards to Ron I think the decision would of been different.

I would not want to be a judge and make these decisions thats for sure.

ETA: I went back and double checked the documents to make sure I had my facts straight.
1. Haleigh lived with Crystal until August 21, 2005 when Ron picked them up to take them on a vacation to Mexico, he did not return the children
after he became concerned over a cocaine issue with Crystal.
2. Ronald filed for custody of the children on September 16, 2005 - Crystal was personally served October 5, 2005, and filed her response October 18, 2005
the court mailed out a notice that there was a hearing for December 1st. It was Crystals responsibility to notify the court if her addressed changed
after October 18th. This was not a ploy by Ronald so that Crystal would not be aware of the proceedings.

I can. If he had made a different decision, Haleigh might not be missing. The child CS has custody of is not missing.

1. CS would have had an income if she received custody in the form of child support.
2. Crystal was living with Ron, had no driver's license and relied on Ron & his family for transportation. Why wasn't he responsible for getting her to the Dr, if he's such a loving, caring father.
3. A relative having drug charges is completely different than the custodial parent having drug charges.
4. The judge said her claims of not getting notice of the initial hearing were valid and it was indeed sent to an address where she had never lived.
4. A DCF case worker took her to get the drug test, just because he asked her about it doesn't mean it wasn't on file. It certainly wasn't disputed in court.
The judge's ruling was based on Ron having a job and source of income. He said so himself.

Can anyone tell me where/how I can find court records for Aluchua County?

Thanks for the research and clarifying everything sensibly, Chicana.

The custody order specifically states that Ron received custody because he had a job.

Finances are never a valid reason to order or deny custody.

Something else that was posted yesterday that bothered me-

Marie G had drug charges in 1997- one time- and she received probation, served it and was done.

Ronald had numerous drug arrests between 2000 and 2006. He also had assault charges. He broke probation on several occasions.

Crystal has a relatively clean criminal record- nothing near the seriousness that Ronald has on his.

No doubt in my mind, my assumption that the custody dispostion had more to do with a local, long time family in Putnam County than what was best for the children.

I sincerely hope this judge is investigated.

My understanding from the court documents is Crystal was not living with Ron at the time the drs appointments were missed, a relative having drug charges that you are going to be living with and relying on them providing care for the children is the same as a custodial parent in my book, the original petition was personally served to Crystal and she answered that IIRC 13 days after being served would it not be her responsibility to update the court with her current address? The judge reviewed the DCF reports and the domestic violence files if there was anything alarming in them with the regards to Ron I think the decision would of been different.

ETA: I went back and double checked the documents to make sure I had my facts straight.
1. Haleigh lived with Crystal until August 21, 2005 when Ron picked them up to take them on a vacation to Mexico, he did not return the children
2. Ronald filed for custody of the children on September 16, 2005 - Crystal was personally served October 5, 2005, and filed her response October 18, 2005
the court mailed out a notice that there was a hearing for December 1st. It was Crystals responsibility to notify the court if her addressed changed
after October 18th. This was not a ploy by Ronald so that Crystal would not be aware of the proceedings.

Busy, I read it the same as you do and you nailed it.

Scandi posted this in the Greta thread from last night- the thread is already closed but I wanted to address it:

Scandi: "But I did notice Crystal was very slow to answer the question about would Ron hurt Haylee Wasn't it Crystal who said the other night that Ron backhanded Haylee?"

I think she was careful in answering because there is a huge difference between backhanding a lippy child and making that child disappear.

Her hesitance in responding may have been to think out the question and weigh her answer.

It's a rather open ended question. Does "hurt Haleigh" mean spank or slap her or does it mean murder her and make her disappear.

When I am asked a question that is obtuse I tend to ramble with an answer such as "Well if you mean this................then here is the answer. But if you mean this............then this is the answer"

I tend to think out loud and talk my way through my reasoning.

I don't think Crystal does that- she is much slower to answer questions and I don't think that is necessarily a sign of lying or hiding anything.

I recall earlier this week when she was asked about the results of her polygraph, she hesitated a moment and said something to the effect that the administrator of the test could not tell her that she passed but that he said she did fine.

In contrast to Misty who told the media that she passed her poly.

Knowing that everything you say is subject to scruitny and might be blasted all over the national news tends to make people nervous. Especially when so much is at stake. I believe Crystal is being careful. And rightfully so. Look at how people here jump all over things that everyone says and how they say it.

It's too easy for all of us to say that if we were Crystal or Ron or Misty we would say or do thinks a certain way.

I've never been in a similar situation. Although I know how I hope I would conduct myself, I can't say for sure.

I do know this- when something upsets me, I don't cry. Instead I become stoic. I have never cried at a funeral. I have never cried when I learned that someone close to me has died. I freeze emotionally.

I can't explain this- because at one funeral I knew I should be crying and I could not.

But after not crying when it's appropriate, I fall apart over the simplest thing- after my grandfather died, I never cried. I went to his funeral, and never cried. The following week I returned to work and went out to lunch with a coworker. I ordered a roast beef sandwich and when the server asked me if I wanted chips or fries I burst into tears and didn't stop crying for about three hours.

Was that inappropriate? Absolutely. But I could not help it.

And another thing about falling apart- when that happens to me it's ugly. I gasp and shudder, I can't talk. I get the hiccups. I get sick to my stomach and often vomit during my outburst. I can't think. I can't process information.

True grief does not follow rules. And it's often not pretty or graceful. We watch movies and we see the woman in full makeup crying beautifully and tragically, sniffling in a cute little way and dabbing her eyes politely and we don't realize that is not the way things are in real life. Real crying includes screaming, moaning, disdain, guilt and physical symptoms. I don't think any of us would be entertained by watching something like that on Nancy Grace or Greta.

The sniffling and whining we've seen Misty do on television is not true grief. It's an act. The strutting and smirking do not point to grief. They instead point to enjoying the attention.

The shock and angry outbursts we have seen from Crystal are real. Her confusion is real. Her emotional ups and downs are real. Her mood changes are real. Her inability to express herself concisely is real.

Just because somebody doesn't grieve like any of us think we would does not mean that they hurt any less- and it doesn't mean that they have done anything wrong.

Excellent Post!!!

Thank you for bringing it over here Pirate.

Originally posted by Chicana: The judge's ruling was based on Ron having a job and source of income. He said so himself.
I believe he was saying this in response to avoid dragging Crystal through the mud at the time by bringing up other things. At no time has he stooped to their level and said anything bad about Haleigh's mother. I respect him for not bringing up all the things he could about her or her family.

I believe he was saying this in response to avoid dragging Crystal through the mud at the time by bringing up other things. At no time has he stooped to their level and said anything bad about Haleigh's mother. I respect him for not bringing up all the things he could about her or her family.

There's a lot more mud that could be slung at Ron and his family.His sister's record is way worse than CS's mom. I think their mom is an enabler.
I'm not going to analyze the judge's decision, he's not supposed to be nice, he's supposed to be factual. He said he was granting Ron custody because he had an income. I have no reason to believe he was sugar coating it, truth is, I think it would be hard to paint a pretty picture of either side of the family.
I wonder if the judge regrets his decision now, this might not have happened if he had given custody to CS.

It would mean Crystal has skills far beyond her level and I find it to be unlikely she is "weighing" her responses.

There's a lot more mud that could be slung at Ron and his family.His sister's record is way worse than CS's mom. I think their mom is an enabler.
I'm not going to analyze the judge's decision, he's not supposed to be nice, he's supposed to be factual. He said he was granting Ron custody because he had an income. I have no reason to believe he was sugar coating it, truth is, I think it would be hard to paint a pretty picture of either side of the family.
I wonder if the judge regrets his decision now, this might not have happened if he had given custody to CS.
The last time I checked, a sister's record wouldn't come into a custody dispute...but a grandmother providing the children with a home would be an issue.

It is unfair to say this could not happen no matter where Haleigh was living. The judge has nothing to regret because Haleigh went missing.

If she wasn't living with Ron, why was she dependant on Ron's mom & grandma to get her to appointments ?
I don't buy that he was concerned about any "cocaine issues", considering the magnitude of his own cocaine, meth and marijuana charges.
Even if he were, shouldn't he have had to prove it in court ? CS also expressed concerns about an accident he was in where she was told he was under the influence of drugs. If she would have been smart enough to get the records, maybe the judge would have questioned why he left the scene of the accident if he had nothing to hide.
I don't think it would have mattered though, CS didn't have a chance. That judge was going with the locals.
He said, she said. And IMO, CS is the more honest of the two.

The last time I checked, a sister's record wouldn't come into a custody dispute...but a grandmother providing the children with a home would be an issue.

She raised a couple of criminals, I hardly think RC and sis were raised in an ideal environment.

There were several reasons the judge gave for granting Ron custody in the doc, so to just pick out one is not accurate if you read it Ron working was only one of the reasons. Another reason was the mothers lack of sustained contact with the children. I am sure that played heavily in the judges decision as well as her failing to appear at the first hearing. She had sporadic phone conversations with them and only one visit prior to the original hearing.

Crystal also states in the docs that since she had left Ron she got a license, a car, a job, and got a mortgage and bought a house in her own name. I have searched and searched and can not find any records of her owning a home or having a mortgage in her name.

The Judge's reasons for granting Ronald custody were :

1. His employment(Crystal was also employed as a waitress at Bar-B-Q, but Ronald made more money).

2.He lived with his mother

3.Crystal's infrequent contact with the kids.

I'm not sure when Crystal's restraining order against Ronald came about. Anyone know? She did state that she once dropped a restraining order so that she could see/speak to her children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macogle