CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yale University announced it is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the whereabouts of one of its own, Annie Le, a graduate student from California who vanished from a college lab on Tuesday - less than a week before she was to be married on Long Island.
Officials announced the reward late Friday afternoon, urging people with information to call the 24-hour FBI hotline at 877-503-1950.
The monetary incentive comes after three days of searching for Le, 24, who was last seen entering a building housing the university laboratory where she worked on Amistad Street in New Haven. more at link: http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/yale-offers-10-000-reward-for-info-on-annie-le-1.1440984

I have been trying to blow up the picture of her carrying "papers" to see if I could better tell what it was. I had a hard time with the program I was using but this is the best I could do (it's a screen capture while zoomed in). It looks to be to be something white, maybe plastic with an L shaped cutout. It also looks like there might be a blanket draped over her right arm and hanging down although it could just be distortion from the poor quality photo. If you look down the right side of her skirt you can see different colors, purple or blue, green, white. It could even just be a scarf/belt that is around her waist. As for what she is carrying, I was wondering if it is some sort of mouse habitat. I was looking at lab mice enclosures online and they seem to be plastic bins that fit into a large shelf, almost like drawers. some of them are round when all the drawers are in so the bins have a rounded front and are almost triangular shaped to fit in the slot. Maybe that L shaped thing is how the bin fits into the shelf? I realize I could be way off here but just throwing it out there. I also think her neck area looks funny, very pink. Could it be a face mask that is not over her mouth and nose but still around her neck?
Fullscreencapture912200921331AM.jpg

Why isn't Yale putting up more then $10,000? Why was everything so late in getting started. I put the blame on campus police and the university and not the family. mho

snipped

JVM also said Yale can afford so much more $$$ so where is it!

Many students take off for a few days so the campus police do not take it too seriously when first reported..I get this POV but there are times, like now, someone really is missing & the delay is inexcusable..What is the solution?

Probably not related to this case, but . . .
Yale police arrested a retired university employee with a gun and ammunition Thursday, near Science Hill. Police Chief James Perrotti provided minimal information: someone reported a man with a suspicious package; police responded within one minute and found the man in a non-Yale parking lot on Whitney Avenue. The parking lot is close to the Peabody Museum as well as the university human resources office, prompting speculation about the man’s motives. “If he was going to take the gun into a university building, that’s obviously a scary thing to contemplate,” Secretary Linda Lorimer told the Yale Daily News. “We presume that he was headed toward a university building because it’s all university buildings around there.”
http://www.yalealumnimagazine.com/blog/?p=589

I have been trying to blow up the picture of her carrying "papers" to see if I could better tell what it was. I had a hard time with the program I was using but this is the best I could do (it's a screen capture while zoomed in). It looks to be to be something white, maybe plastic with an L shaped cutout. It also looks like there might be a blanket draped over her right arm and hanging down although it could just be distortion from the poor quality photo. If you look down the right side of her skirt you can see different colors, purple or blue, green, white. It could even just be a scarf/belt that is around her waist. As for what she is carrying, I was wondering if it is some sort of mouse habitat. I was looking at lab mice enclosures online and they seem to be plastic bins that fit into a large shelf, almost like drawers. some of them are round when all the drawers are in so the bins have a rounded front and are almost triangular shaped to fit in the slot. Maybe that L shaped thing is how the bin fits into the shelf? I realize I could be way off here but just throwing it out there. I also think her neck area looks funny, very pink. Could it be a face mask that is not over her mouth and nose but still around her neck?
Fullscreencapture912200921331AM.jpg

It almost looks like she is wearing glasses. Do we know if Annie wears glasses? Maybe it's just me, but this pic doesn't look like the Annie in all the other pix we have seen...is it possible that it is another Asian female going into the building, or has LE verified that those are the clothes she was wearing that day? Just so much we do not know.

A professor has been questioned about Annie. She was supposed to attend his class but the class got cancelled and it was discovered she was missing a few hours later.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/09/12/2009-09-12_professor_questioned_by_police_in_case_of_missing_yale_student_annie_le.html

I wonder what class was canceled?. I'm sure all professors were interviewed but too many coincidences that day..canceled class, fire alarm , missing student.:rolleyes:

Whatever happened to Annie it was someone very familiar with the surroundings.

JMO

This professor being question has a familiar ring to it. It reminds me of another case involving a young woman and a professor. The student was found dead. IIRC
That fire alarm worries me as an opportunity for removal of a small woman and escape for a possible wrong doer. I hope she is found alive.

There's a story on the Fox News site that just adds one important detail...that the fire alarm isn't believed to be related to Annie's disappearance.

I see two likely possibilities if it was foul play. She could have known her attacker and left with him through an exit that didn't have a camera and been killed away from the University.

The other possibility is that she was killed in the lab then her body was taken out to a car. I worked maintenance at a large university for a couple of years and I can tell you that in most labs you have roll around carts, some which may be large enough to hide a small body in. Also, most university buildings have loading docks and it would not be unusual to see lab staff loading things into their cars during the day.

I would say that most loading docks would not have cameras and usually there are auxillary exits that don't have cameras either.

I havent read all the post in this thread, but to me it looks like she is holding a baby. Does anyone else think it kind of looks like that?

There's a story on the Fox News site that just adds one important detail...that the fire alarm isn't believed to be related to Annie's disappearance.

I see two likely possibilities if it was foul play. She could have known her attacker and left with him through an exit that didn't have a camera and been killed away from the University.

The other possibility is that she was killed in the lab then her body was taken out to a car. I worked maintenance at a large university for a couple of years and I can tell you that in most labs you have roll around carts, some which may be large enough to hide a small body in. Also, most university buildings have loading docks and it would not be unusual to see lab staff loading things into their cars during the day.

I would say that most loading docks would not have cameras and usually there are auxillary exits that don't have cameras either.

FWIW~ The fox article also reiterates the following:

About the same time, she swiped her Yale ID at the facility's entrance. There was no footage of her leaving the building, in spite of a fire alarm that went off about 12:40 p.m. The alarm isn't thought to be connected to her disappearance.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549527,00.html

OT *Cute screen name- Chili Fries- :) I like that...

It almost looks like she is wearing glasses. Do we know if Annie wears glasses? Maybe it's just me, but this pic doesn't look like the Annie in all the other pix we have seen...is it possible that it is another Asian female going into the building, or has LE verified that those are the clothes she was wearing that day? Just so much we do not know.

I hadn't noticed it before you mentioned it, but those look like safety glasses from a lab to me.

A professor has been questioned about Annie. She was supposed to attend his class but the class got cancelled and it was discovered she was missing a few hours later.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/200...in_case_of_missing_yale_student_annie_le.html

That kind of abrubt behavior is what caused LE to hone in on Eridania's killer. He suddenly left work that night claiming to be sick.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...ho_vanished_tuesday_stuffed_in_air_duct_.html

I havent read all the post in this thread, but to me it looks like she is holding a baby. Does anyone else think it kind of looks like that?

I think it looks like she's holding an open book, reading while walking.

Below is a snip about Annie's mom.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/vanished_student_teacher_questioned_pV7XnCBBRVJrcA5jETSFeP

(snip)
Meanwhile, The Post has learned that Le's mom, Vivian, told a woman at a New Haven supermarket that her daughter's disappearance was "not cold feet," while handing out missing-person fliers Wednesday.
The somber mom also told the woman that "it's not the boyfriend" -- Columbia University physics grad student Jonathan Widawsky -- who's to blame for Le going missing.

That was my very first thought when I saw the picture but when I read more about the case I thought it probably wasn't. After blowing it up and playing around with it I don't necessarily think it's a baby at all but I do not believe it is a bunch of papers. The way she is carrying it looks odd to me, as if she is cradling something living. Some have said it looks like a large open book and I can see how it can look like that also.

Considering the "high risk" materials in these buildings, I would have to disagree.

That was my very first thought when I saw the picture but when I read more about the case I thought it probably wasn't. After blowing it up and playing around with it I don't necessarily think it's a baby at all but I do not believe it is a bunch of papers. The way she is carrying it looks odd to me, as if she is cradling something living. Some have said it looks like a large open book and I can see how it can look like that also.
It really looks to me as if she is transferring whatever she was carrying from one arm to the other, perhaps to open the door she was nearing. I often carry papers I need to grade in a plastic grocery sack if they don't fit in my normal laptop case. What was the weather like that morning? Would she want to protect something from rain or drizzle?

I wonder if there are cameras by the entrances of the restrooms. She could have gone into the restroom and a janitor followed her and locked the door behind him, put up a sign saying it was being cleaned so he was not disturbed. He could have put her in a trash container and taken her out and disposed of her in a dumpster. I was just thinking .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove