CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #4 FOUND DECEASED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe some of the confusion is because they "have" a suspect (in mind), but they don't "have" the suspect in custody.

Yeah, that's what Fox originally reported (I posted it back on the end of the 1st page of this thread, I think it was) but then Connecticut police apparently released a statement to them saying they do NOT have a suspect and the "sources" are wrong. It was on The Live Desk which is on FoxNews now.
I blame the CT police more than FoxNews right now, honestly. The CT police has been back and forth this ENTIRE case.

I think that different media reports come from different LE people; most of them probably accurate from that person's knowledge. If a suspect is in custody, LE wants to keep information held as closely as possible, even inside the department. There are also really good legal reasons to deny reports of lie detector failures; such reports can be used by the defense to get the trial moved or even, though seldom, thrown out.

Personally, I don't care about what we know early; I just want the perpetrator caught, tried, and convicted.

Good Morning, Did anyone establish if it was the man with 'cornrows' who was taken in for a LDT?

Good Morning, Did anyone establish if it was the man with 'cornrows' who was taken in for a LDT?

Just a comment about his cornrows that looked like a greek key pattern.
Greek Key is a term used in biochemistry.

They just don't want us to know that they have a suspect anymore than they wanted us to know that they found her body. The pool of suspects has to be small, considering the circumstances. I still believe there will be an arrest very soon.

A bloody lab coat stuffed in the ceiling? When I used to work in the lab our coats had our names embroidered on them. Sounds like it was a co student researcher to me. I bet this person will be arrested by this evening.

My lab coat had my name as well. But work places stopped doing that a while ago (all about the $$). Now ID badges that double as key-cards are used as ID.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...eing-conducted-on-body-thought-to-be-Annie-Le

~does anyone think that LE may wait to talk about any suspectes until the ME announcement??

Hi Nurse, Last night I was under the impression there were 2 young men being looked at. One was the person who was seen putting something in a waste recepticle to be incinerated which I assumed was the tip leading to the search of all the garbage. The other one I wasn't sure about. Did you read that last night?

FoxNews is live on the scene. The police spokesperson is clearly saying there is no suspect. But, they are saying it is not a random act.

Do you think it was a lab partner, also of her ethnic descent, who was obsessed with her and enraged by her marrying?

Could be anyone, student, faculty, staff, maintenance......no reason to believe at all that it has any connection to ethnic descent. IMO

There really aren't so much "lab partners" in graduate research. Most students are working on a specific area of research pertinent to their own program of studies. Lab partners are more the norm for high school biology classes. By the time one reaches this level of education and expertise, their research is usually quite specialized.

jmoo

They just don't want us to know that they have a suspect anymore than they wanted us to know that they found her body. The pool of suspects has to be small, considering the circumstances. I still believe there will be an arrest very soon.

ITA because LE is holding info close and they have disputed 'leaks' previously only for it to be reported at a later time as confirmed. I think they are moving in on someone or an arrest has been made and they aren't releasing info til after autopsy results this afternoon like nursebeme suggested.

wm

Hi Nurse, Last night I was under the impression there were 2 young men being looked at. One was the person who was seen putting something in a waste recepticle to be incinerated which I assumed was the tip leading to the search of all the garbage. The other one I wasn't sure about. Did you read that last night?
Hey there Scandi Sue! I did not see the part in bold yesterday...

FoxNews is live on the scene. The police spokesperson is clearly saying there is no suspect. But, they are saying it is not a random act.

Hi Kaylynn, It is curious that Pat Brown would go out on a limb and say they have a suspect in custody.

I thought maybe the deal is there are 2 students/people involved in the crime. Just a thought due to what I read last night but I could have also misinterpreted what I read. xox

ITA because LE is holding info close and they have disputed 'leaks' previously only for it to be reported at a later time as confirmed. I think they are moving in on someone or an arrest has been made and they aren't releasing info til after autopsy results this afternoon like nursebeme suggested.

wm

I think that LE is playing the Miranda game: You hold off on charging the culprit, especially if he's still talking. You also allow him to construct his own noose, by not revealing all that you have.

Contractors hired to remodel a portion of the building were told to halt work and have been questioned by investigators.

An FBI agent was seen at a nearby Lowe's hardware store purchasing a number of large blue tarps. The agent declined to comment but said such tarps are often used to block the view of a crime scene from the public.

Police put up crime scene tape and have blocked off streets leading to the building. The road closures snarled morning traffic and forced police to reroute motorists down one-way roads in both directions.
http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-news-yalestudent0913,0,6985075.story

Hi Kaylynn, It is curious that Pat Brown would go out on a limb and say they have a suspect in custody.

I thought maybe the deal is there are 2 students/people involved in the crime. Just a thought due to what I read last night but I could have also misinterpreted what I read. xox
Maybe she read the new york daily news, the new york times, or abc news that was reporting it?

Could be anyone, student, faculty, staff, maintenance......no reason to believe at all that it has any connection to ethnic descent. IMO

There really aren't so much "lab partners" in graduate research. Most students are working on a specific area of research pertinent to their own program of studies. Lab partners are more the norm for high school biology classes. By the time one reaches this level of education and expertise, their research is usually quite specialized.

jmoo

But the student researchers in the Yale Pharmacology Department were grouped into "teams" of a few colleagues working for and under the supervision of the professor in whose lab they worked. I think Annie's team had 5-7 researchers.

Do you think it was a lab partner, also of her ethnic descent, who was obsessed with her and enraged by her marrying?

I'd be surprised if her killer is Vietnamese, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's South Korean. I've never been to China or Japan, so I don't know if they're c'blockers or not. When I lived in Seoul, I'd see Korean guys do some stuff that wasn't even close to being sane by really anyone's standards over Asian women being with White, Black, and Arab men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela