CT CT - Janice Pockett, 7, Tolland, 26 July 1973

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey Sister-
Still nothing on that new lead? I just got an idea. Not to solve but just a question: I could ask my cousin if she has any old pictures from the brownies class with Janice. Would you like a copy if she does?
MN

I was brought up in Warehouse Point, Connecticut, and I remember the Janice Pocket case vividly. It was all over the news. Since I'm just a little older than Janice and have two older sisters, it really affected my father, who was a teacher in South Windsor at the time. He volunteered for a search of the area with a lot of other adult volunteers. They combed the entire area, I think a day or two after Janice was reported missing. This is what I remember him telling me at the time, though I was young and may not be remembering totally accurately. He said the adults walked in a straight line, side by side, through the woods. They only varied their path when they came to a tree that they had to walk around. He said they found a small footprint, I believe of a sneaker. They also found a larger footprint. That's all they found. The news filmed footage of the search, so we stayed up late that night in case we could see my dad on TV. That means that the film footage probably still exists somewhere. I don't remember what channel it was, and my dad's been gone over 10 years so I can't ask him to confirm this. I hope this helps.

Hey Sister-
Have you ever thought of making a MySpace Page for Janice? There are a lot of them that have been done for other missing persons. And you could link things to it for more exposure. Actually, I mention her on mine but an entire page would be better.
Vo1

A Facebook page is an idea too. You could put pictures on there that haven't been seen before also. I think the more pictures the better are good concerning a missing person because just a different pose can jog a person's memory.

this is a good idea - I think I would just have to invest in a scanner!
I don't have any news at this time, but I agree, the more exposure the better.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....817129,-72.521439&spn=0.250241,0.720291&z=11

Only about 21 minutes apart from each other.
I would ask the detective in charge of the investigation, if they have searched for a possible bridge, that would connect these two cases.
Just speculating about the connection, but would not hurt to ask.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...ased-in-East-Hartford-Cold-Case-62878287.html

Thirty-six years have passed since someone stabbed Janet Couture in the chest and killed her.
Her body was discovered just after 8 a.m. on Oct. 13, 1973 in her Cannon Road apartment...

Continued at the above link.

ALL MOO AND SPECULATION, NOTHING FACTUAL UNLESS KNOWN TO BE, ALL ASSUMPTIONS ON MY PART.

I don't know how much or how comfortable you are with meeting any of us in real life but I'd be more than willing to lend you my scanner for that project.\
Mike

i graduated tolland high in '79, and my younger sister was in janice's class. i just found this via google, the monster in cleveland spurred me on. my father walked the search lines, and i accompanied my mother to 'big bunny' to solicit food and supplies for the searchers.

this horror has been a part of me, and my familiy and friends, since that day. best wishes to sister and all. now i have a 12 yr. old daughter. i try to watch her the best i can, teach he what to do, yet not ruin her. she's already afraid enough.

I am a criminal justice student doing a projct on janice pocket and if anyone has any info that i can use it would be a great help. I also am a tolland resident and live a rock throws from where she disapeared. My husband grew up right around the corner and remembers some but not much cuz he was very young. So if any one has anything or where i can get info it would be very helpful.

where can i get the most info i am doing a project on janice pockett she lived around the corner from me and the incident happened right around the corner and i believe along with some other tolland residents that it was a local person that kidnapped her but i dont see that persons name anywhere in the storys please if anyone can help me or help me get in touch with any info that i can get my hands on

any chance you could send me that person's name in a private message??

Hey Sister-

Investigation Discovery ID channel has a new show called "DISAPPEARED." I guess they profile all sorts of missing persons cases. Why don't you try to contact them and see if they would do Janice? That would be serious publicity.

MN

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back