CT CT - Janice Pockett, 7, Tolland, 26 July 1973

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sister, It is good to hear you may finally be getting some new information. I want Janice's case to stay alive as well so I'll be checking back often to see if you have posted anything new. Take care.

Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad my mom is at peace now. She truly was a strong woman. I will post new information as it is available - wish I had more now.............

Bumping for Janice. The 36th year anniversary is getting close.........

Hey Sister-
I don't want to confusion but this is something that's always bothered me.
And my problem is I may not know all the facts so take what I say with that in mind. What I say may be just be usless. When Pierce "confessed' to abducting Janice, he said he buried her on a dirt road nearby (or that's what I read from the internet) and then the Police dug up Old Cathole Road and found nothing. But if you know the area, you know that if you take a left on 195 from Rhodes, there is another dirt road up the way a little bit. Taking Peirce at his word (which isn't the greatest idea) could he have mixed up the area? Again I can only react to what I read on the net, but it might be something to ask the police if you are in contact with them.

I have to admit I have a hard time eliminating Pierce as a suspect. He was such a liar. The police, however, do not think he was responsible. I think there were inconsistencies and anything he said he could have read in the newspapers. I do believe though that if he had kidnapped her, then he would have taken her out of state to Massachusetts. Bar Jonah was a suspect in the early 2000's, unfortunately he is dead now and the CT state police never had a chance to question him. There were many other suspects as well who were never officially cleared. I still have hope that this case can be solved...I wonder if someone out there knows something.....

Thinking of Janice on this sad anniversary. Hope her sister gets some answers soon.

I'm always hopeful that there will be a break in the case. I'm still hoping something will come of recent information.

On this sad day, I just want the family to know I have never forgotten this little girl. I was about her age when she disappeared, and I believe her family took their animal(s) to my Dad's veterinary clinic.

I always remember how sad it was. I never realized until I came across this web site about a week ago the area in Tolland that she was taken from. I have probably driven by there 100s of times over the years as I was a student at UConn.

I made a mental note to make an entry on her anniversary to let her sister/family know she is not forgotten in my heart. If I have a chance I will take a drive out to that area tonight, or soon, say a prayer, and perhaps leave a little flower behind.

I sincerely hope there is closure for the family someday soon.

Sister,
Did anything ever become of nrob's insights?

and why did sable ask the question about the school? does it have any significance?

I think the only significance of the school is that it was built right there by where Janice's bike was found.
I don't know that anything has developed from nrob's insights. I wish more people would come forward with info, even if they don't think it's important. I'm still waiting to see if anything comes from info from someone else who lived in the general area then. I really think it could be something.........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back