GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight do you think that FD and MT should have never composed the alibi scripts? Whose idea was that? A lawyer, or was it a “suggestion” by LE. Or was that FD’s brainy idea and just said they were told to do so?
Maybe MT regrets those scripts now (along with so much more). They were so instrumental in shining a light on her lies.
moo
I listened to GAL Meehan testimony for the first time. Defense kept trying to get him to say he instructed or even suggested FD write down his alibi list, but he was clear that he did not. He heard FD inappropriately excited on the phone when he reported his wife missing, and made a comment like I sure hope you have an alibi - he clearly suspected him. I think despite MT's claim that it was at the suggestion of a lawyer, it was FD's idea to get them all in sync. And PG would not do it because he saw it was suspicious and strange, and he knew he could be honest. MT and FD knew they could not be honest. MOO.

I listened to GAL Meehan testimony for the first time. Defense kept trying to get him to say he instructed or even suggested FD write down his alibi list, but he was clear that he did not. He heard FD inappropriately excited on the phone when he reported his wife missing, and made a comment like I sure hope you have an alibi - he clearly suspected him. I think despite MT's claim that it was at the suggestion of a lawyer, it was FD's idea to get them all in sync. And PG would not do it because he saw it was suspicious and strange, and he knew he could be honest. MT and FD knew they could not be honest. MOO.

FD's lawyer was a witness in a hearing that was not streamed, however a bit of it was on the news. One of FD's attorneys said he "believed" he told him to write down a timeline, which is lawyer speak to me. IMO, if the attorney told him to do that, he would remember.

It was prior FD atty Jacob Pytranker of Stamford that allegedly suggested the alibi scripts. Pytranker was atty that was with FD at NCPD and stepped away briefly and NCPD officer swooped in and took FD phone. Without that happening I question whether any of these miscreants would have been caught or MT brought to trial and held accountable. Moo

FD's lawyer was a witness in a hearing that was not streamed, however a bit of it was on the news. One of FD's attorneys said he "believed" he told him to write down a timeline, which is lawyer speak to me. IMO, if the attorney told him to do that, he would remember.
Imo he belongs on the “bad boys of CT legal world” that FD seemed to find and surround himself with. I heard the testimony you are referring to and imo it was absolutely Greek word salad with extra toppings!
Moo

If I were JFD I wouldve showed up at 4 JC and told mt to get the heck out of MY house.

I dont understand how, if GF owned it all, why JFD had to go rent another house. Throw FD and mt out and take her kid with you.Out of everything that happened between any of these people I cant believe this didn't happen.

Its all a moot point, I know. No one really believes the man you married and had kids with can actually do it. When she rented out the Welles Lane house, I wish the armed guard 24/7 came with it.
Pure speculation, but I think she just did not want to live in any of his cold McMansions. I also think NC was a much better choice for the school proximity and the community she could make. MOO.

Agreed. "Believed" he told him sounds like B.S., yes. MOO.

I always wondered if he was already inside or if he hid and followed her in when she drove into the garage. The dateline show the other night (meh) said he had “snuck in”. I’m not 100% taking their word obviously. As far as I know LE didn’t find any sign of a break-in and I highly doubt he had a key. Just a small detail that’s always nagged me.

I know there was all the blood in the garage but it’s so so horrible…. LA says JF’s purse was on the floor in the doorway between the mudroon and the kitchen. Might have he attacked her inside there and dragged her into the garage (using zip ties)?

I hate even typing that. :(
moo
Hard to know, but the attack seemed quite violent IMO and appears to be within the garage and between and in front of the two vehicles? Basing this on the Dateline episode this last Friday. In the body camera from early police investigators there was quite a bit of I believe JF DNA / blood (presumptive test for something) on the side of the Range Rover (parked center of 3-car garage) and underneath both of the vehicles (also Suburban parked in left garage stall). And also on the front of the Range Rover grille I believe? I thought this is how I heard it portrayed in that Dateline story. MOO

Based on WFSB (link posted earlier in the thread) updated time on her arrrival at York I’d imagine she got to call one family member either later on Friday night or early Saturday am. That call would be recorded and also there would be staff right in the vicinity.
I say that based on when you first get there you are screened for medical/mental health issues. This can take hours. If you clear those you are sent to an orientation “pod” with others just entering the system. If you don’t clear the med/mh screening you are kept separate from the inmate population until they can address any issues.
Phoning her attorney could have been arranged. Either by the lawyer(s) themselves or possibly by MT. Understand inmates always want to talk with their lawyers, for many reasons but staff cannot accommodate every inmate request and likely would not entertain MTs immediate “need”. More likely in the future as court dates draw near her attorneys will schedule both phone time and actual visits themselves on some sort of schedule and make MT aware that she should just wait for these times to do her “itchin’ and moanin’” then.
Visiting with an inmate takes time but one “courtesy visit” can be arranged “soon”. Otherwise today being Monday means her counselor is finally there and MT can request anywhere from 5-10 people be placed on her visitors list. Doesn’t have to do that for attorneys. She will need to know proper names and addresses for these individuals and forms will be mailed out for them to fill out and mail back. Once received everyone will be background checked and may make it on her list. Anyone with a criminal record will likely not be approved but can appeal by writing the warden. IME my ex had done two months for a DUI 17 years previous to him applying to be on our sons list. He was initially denied but wrote the warden and was approved within days.
All this of course depends on if someone is able to post bond. IME no one would recommend doing that. She started doing her time on Friday and she will be sentenced to at least some time so why would you waste money to take them out and restart the clock on her serving her sentence. Now IME the other family did bail out their daughter who promptly begged for them to bail my son out and they did. Wasted thousands of dollars for absolutely nothing. Perhaps MTs family will also. Depends on if they actually take legal advice….
Your posts are invaluable for all of us.
I can only imagine how hard it was for you.
IME, you can be the best parents and still have a child with problems.
In reading all of this she must be shocked and despondent coming from a cushy life where she was loved and coddled.
How does anyone ever come to grips with that?
It's beyond my comprehension.
MOO.

Pure speculation, but I think she just did not want to live in any of his cold McMansions. I also think NC was a much better choice for the school proximity and the community she could make. MOO.
I think distance was impt and if she could have gone to nyc she would have I speculate as it was home. NC though was also right next to pound ridge where her mom had second house at the time and quick ride into nyc for friends and family too. Moo

Last edited:
I think distance was impt and if she could have gone to nyc she would have I speculate as it was home. It was also right next to pound ridge where her mom had second house at the time and quick ride into nyc for friends and family too. Moo
Yes, And how would she have gotten him out? As it was, she had to leave in secrecy as she was terrified of him. I am so in awe of how she managed to get out and probably stayed calm and upbeat for her beloved children to show them their beautiful new home. I will never understand the evil thinking of FD and the paramour, a fellow mom, who somehow thought murder made them the "healthy" parents. Unreal. MOO.

This article from the Stanford Advocate dated 5-25-2021 states that Judge Blawie gave a copy to JS in response to motions JS had filed. It was awarded with extreme caution.

However, MT had seen and possessed a copy prior to this court's decision as she references it in the June 2019 interview.

From the SA:
"During a remote hearing, Stamford Superior Court Judge John F. Blawie said since state police obtained a complete copy of the report by search warrant, he saw no reason to prohibit Troconis’ attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, from obtaining the document.

The release came with a caution from Blawie. “There’s still a lot of sensitive information that the court will not tolerate seen in a press release or attached to a motion for public inspection,” he said.'
Link to article:
Yes, but what so annoys me is that Judge Blawie knew that Horn was leaking via motions and told him not to do it but it was done anyway. Why not just say attachments to motions are sealed or have to be submitted on disk? Nope. Imo it was pure laziness on judge Blawie to not secure the report.

I truly hold the entire report debaucle as being the responsibility of Judge Blawie. He knew “esteemed defence counsel” was integrity deprived so why not put conditions on the report like judge heller did and protect it?

Moo

Last edited:
Yes, but what so annoys me is that Judge Blawie knew that Horn was leaking via motions and told him not to do it but it was done anyway. Why not just say attachments to motions are sealed or have to be submitted on disk? Nope. Imo it was pure laziness on judge Blawie to not secure the report.

I truly hold the entire report debaucle as being the responsibility of Judge Blawie. He knew “esteemed defence counsel” was integrity deprived so why not put conditions on the report like judge heller did and protect it?

Moo
And so unfortunate in how that document / sealed report has been handled.

And let us not forget lead defense counsel JS attempting to place a copy of that sealed report as evidence towards the end of the MT trial!

That ought to be investigated as well. And under oath, both lead defense counsel JS and defendant MT. And perhaps defense counsel AF too as I cannot quite recall her involvement; but she did make statements on behalf of the defendant MT and counsel to the court on the display of it on the screen. And lead counsel JS did not! That whole episode should be investigated with testimony under oath IMO. And the deference by lead counsel JS to AF on the computer screen display by MT was puzzling to me. Why didn’t JS respond to the court instead of AF? I can think of many reasons that I will not give. (I am not a lawyer so please keep that in mind.)

And if not for the wise and quick counsel and objection and review of that attempted JS maneuver by state’s attorney MM……. One has to wonder what would have happened.MOO

I thought for the longest time that he utilized a child to gain a visual on the access code to the garage the night of the backyard chocolate bunny picnic. In which case he'd have been in the garage already, waiting for her.

But I don't think it would have been any too hard to lurk in the treeline until he heard the garage door opening, then dart inside, wait for it to close, then ambush her.

I've wondered about the blood on the trash can lid. Three theories:

1. Cast off
2. He needed trash bags and towels. Looked in the trash can to see if there was anything in there he could use.
3. He'd hidden behind the trash can initially, so after killing her, he pushed it back into place.

I think JFd's purse was in the mudroom doorways not because that's as far as she got in (when she returned from the school drop off), but rather, that's where she left it on her way out (on her way to drop the children at school). Left her tea and breakfast, left showering and dressing, left her purse by the door -- because she'd only be gone a minute --

Meanwhile, FD was pedaling like a mad man toward 69 Welles... with zip ties and heavy tape.

As JFd was making the circuit to take her children to school, off in Farmington, Inmate #433612 was taking her child to school too, fully aware where FD was going and why.

Sickening.
The neighbor’s camera catching Jennifer as she was almost home that morning makes me so emotional…knowing what was about to happen. The investigator on the recent Dateline episode said that according to the blood spatter on and under the cars, made it seem that she was attacked between the two cars initially. They showed the body cam video where LE were discussing the blood and the kind of pattern it was.

I also rewatched the Nanny’s testimony. She did such a good job and remained so calm. I especially remember her saying how Fotis showed up early for the meal on the deck, without she or Jennifer noticing until he had driven all the way up the driveway and past the garage, which was not allowed. The Nanny noticed him first and Jennifer, upon seeing him, made him go back to the end of the driveway to wait for the person who was to supervise. Fotis said he was confused. I too believe he laid in wait that morning and slipped in the garage after Jennifer pulled in.

The neighbor’s camera catching Jennifer as she was almost home that morning makes me so emotional…knowing what was about to happen. The investigator on the recent Dateline episode said that according to the blood spatter on and under the cars, made it seem that she was attacked between the two cars initially. They showed the body cam video where LE were discussing the blood and the kind of pattern it was.

I also rewatched the Nanny’s testimony. She did such a good job and remained so calm. I especially remember her saying how Fotis showed up early for the meal on the deck, without she or Jennifer noticing until he had driven all the way up the driveway and past the garage, which was not allowed. The Nanny noticed him first and Jennifer, upon seeing him, made him go back to the end of the driveway to wait for the person who was to supervise. Fotis said he was confused. I too believe he laid in wait that morning and slipped in the garage after Jennifer pulled in.
Yes. I believe the zip ties were because he did not intend to kill her there in the garage. He hoped to leave zero evidence there, to make his "Gone Girl" ridiculousness more plausible. It would just all be a huge mystery. But she fought back with more strength than he anticipated. I'm sure that's all been said, just hitting me though. Did they ever determine who had his gun? Was it KW? It's all so twisted and the idea that he could do this to his own children is so upsetting, but clearly his brand of narcissist/psychopath (or whatever his dx is) thinks differently.

FD was a control freak. Think about all the pre-thought-out things he did not to get caught.

Yes. I believe the zip ties were because he did not intend to kill her there in the garage. He hoped to leave zero evidence there, to make his "Gone Girl" ridiculousness more plausible. It would just all be a huge mystery. But she fought back with more strength than he anticipated. I'm sure that's all been said, just hitting me though. Did they ever determine who had his gun? Was it KW? It's all so twisted and the idea that he could do this to his own children is so upsetting, but clearly his brand of narcissist/psychopath (or whatever his dx is) thinks differently.
No info about the gun. It was supposedly released to someone by Farmington PD but they couldn’t find out to whom for reasons that only seem to happen in Farmington PD. We know KM had deep contacts in Farmington PD so who knows what to believe other than that the FD Glock is no longer held by Farmington PD. I do wonder if CSP ever found out the answer to the issue of where the Glock might have gone? Very concerning imo that a local PD released a powerful weapon but couldn’t track back what happened. Moo

I wish she would of had more security or something. If the nanny would of came just a little early she would of been killed also. She is an amazing person and so young.

This article from the Stanford Advocate dated 5-25-2021 states that Judge Blawie gave a copy to JS in response to motions JS had filed. It was awarded with extreme caution.

However, MT had seen and possessed a copy prior to this court's decision as she references it in the June 2019 interview.

From the SA:
"During a remote hearing, Stamford Superior Court Judge John F. Blawie said since state police obtained a complete copy of the report by search warrant, he saw no reason to prohibit Troconis’ attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, from obtaining the document.

The release came with a caution from Blawie. “There’s still a lot of sensitive information that the court will not tolerate seen in a press release or attached to a motion for public inspection,” he said.'
Link to article:
Thnx for this. I'd recalled it as Judge Blawie, tho' posts here lately said it was Judge White who gave JS the report.

Huh... I'm not following?

First, let me say I don't expect MT to make $6M bail.

In OP's quoted post, I was responding directly to another post that detailed defense attorney JLS's plans following the verdict to file post-trial motions, one being for a judgment of acquittal notwithstanding the verdict.

JLS was also very vocal here about challenging MT's prior legal representation (Andrew Bowman) as ineffective assistance of counsel for allowing MT to participate in police interviews-- hence my comment about whether or not MT would listen to him and not talk to the state attorney's office-- hoping to strike a post conviction deal for herself by giving up crucial information about KM's involvement in Jennifer's disappearance and/or murder.

The irony would be MT talking to the state's attorney (most likely against JLS's advice-- given his stated plans about appealing her verdict).

And lastly, a proffer agreement is often a door to making someone a cooperating defendant/witness who may be eligible for a favorable, less severe sentencing recommendation. It's not a promise of absolute immunity where any admissions made by MT to the state could be used against MT in any appeal. I can't speak to CT but I've seen post conviction proffers often used in Florida. MOO

And if not for the wise and quick counsel and objection and review of that attempted JS maneuver by state’s attorney MM……. One has to wonder what would have happened.MOO
I couldn't quite believe what JS was saying--then I was impressed with MM's speed in getting over there and looking at it, before objecting. Then JS sort of sang out cheerfully, "That's ok, Your Honor" or somesuch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966