GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish she would have had more security or something. If the nanny would have came just a little early she would have been killed also. She is an amazing person and so young.
I watched a different case on Dateline where the killer also came through the garage behind the victim after pulling in. In that case, the garage door was coming down so the killer tripped the safety feature, where the door goes back up and the garage light blinks, and it was caught by a neighbor’s camera. So LE knew exactly when it happened and the case was solved. It’s also very easy to step over the safety feature and the door works as usual.

Thanks - I didn't see the conspiracy to commit in the Class B felony list.

So it's the "up to 20 years" that is a little concerning if the charges run concurrently.
Updated and Revised CT Penal Code linked below prefaces the guide providing the Crime (CGS) for Conspiracy as (CGS § 53a-51). See pg 2.

However, under a multi-charge conviction, and if the offender can be punished as if they were the principal offender, perhaps the applicable Mandatory Minimum of Class A Murder (53a-54a) or 25 years will be applied at sentencing-- not withstanding the Class A offense to Class B Felony default instruction (one to 20 years punishment).

I'm finding the language about Conspiracy for any Class A offense defaulting to a Class B Felony unclear, given the purpose of Conspiracy pursuant to (CGS § 53a-51) is to prevent the offender from being punished more for a lesser Classed offense than punished for Murder (53a-54a) which is conceivable since punishment under Class B Felony can be as little as one year but not more than 20!

This article from the Stanford Advocate dated 5-25-2021 states that Judge Blawie gave a copy to JS in response to motions JS had filed. It was awarded with extreme caution.

However, MT had seen and possessed a copy prior to this court's decision as she references it in the June 2019 interview.

From the SA:
"During a remote hearing, Stamford Superior Court Judge John F. Blawie said since state police obtained a complete copy of the report by search warrant, he saw no reason to prohibit Troconis’ attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, from obtaining the document.

The release came with a caution from Blawie. “There’s still a lot of sensitive information that the court will not tolerate seen in a press release or attached to a motion for public inspection,” he said.'
Link to article:

I recall the date of the Herman report as sometime around April 23, 2019. During the Motions hearing, JLS argued that in addition to FD being interviewed more than 10 times by Herman, MT was also interviewed by Dr. Herman, and the defense believed they were entitled to anything that made reference to the defendant MT.

Here, I recall JLS playing coy as if he wasn't positive MT was named in the report and needed access to the report to confirm. I thought Judge Blawie(?) only granted JLS access to any page(s) referring to MT but maybe that was what the State recommended, and JLS received the complete report with restriction for its use.

Nonetheless, I believe MT had a copy all along and knowing the report was under seal, JLS wanted to obtain a copy legally. We know that JLS wasn't satisfied with just having a copy of the report! He sued the Court Reporter trying to obtain access to to transcript of the closed hearing! JMO from faint memory of the observed proceedings.

Last edited:
It was prior FD atty Jacob Pytranker of Stamford that allegedly suggested the alibi scripts. Pytranker was atty that was with FD at NCPD and stepped away briefly and NCPD officer swooped in and took FD phone. Without that happening I question whether any of these miscreants would have been caught or MT brought to trial and held accountable. Moo
:oops:

Updated and Revised CT Penal Code linked below prefaces the guide providing the Crime (CGS) for Conspiracy as (CGS § 53a-51). See pg 2.

However, under a multi-charge conviction, and if the offender can be punished as if they were the principal offender, perhaps the applicable Mandatory Minimum of Class A Murder (53a-54a) or 25 years will be applied at sentencing-- not withstanding the Class A offense to Class B Felony default instruction (one to 20 years punishment).

I'm finding the language about Conspiracy for any Class A offense defaulting to a Class B Felony unclear, given the purpose of Conspiracy pursuant to (CGS § 53a-51) is to prevent the offender from being punished more for a lesser Classed offense than punished for Murder (53a-54a) which is conceivable since punishment under Class B Felony can be as little as one year but not more than 20!

I've long been confused by the language and just deferred to the State of CT website listing of Class B but then for sentencing assumed that the paragraph referring to 25 years (your second paragraph above) would apply, as MT was an offender that can be punished as if she was the principal offender (this I read to be an exception to the Class B Felony default instruction (one to 20 years punishment)).

I'm not an attorney and just did a plain english reading of this admittedly vague section.

The 1-20 year Class B Felony default instruction I didn't read as being applicable to Conspiracy Murder but I defer to any attorneys on the thread for clarification.
MoOScreenshot 2024-03-04 at 15.07.04.png

Last edited:
I recall the date of the Herman report as sometime around April 23, 2019. During the Motions hearing, JLS argued that in addition to FD being interviewed more than 10 times by Herman, MT was also interviewed by Dr. Herman, and the defense believed they were entitled to anything that made reference to the defendant MT.

Here, I recall JLS playing coy as if he wasn't positive MT was named in the report and needed access to the report to confirm. I thought Blawie only granted JLS access to any page(s) referring to MT but maybe that was what the State recommended, and JLS received the complete report with restriction for its use.

Nonetheless, I believe MT had a copy all along and knowing the report was under seal, JLS wanted to obtain a copy legally. We know that JLS wasn't satisfied with just having a copy of the report! He sued the Court Reporter trying to obtain access to to transcript of the closed hearing! JMO from faint memory of the observed proceedings.
I think there was another argument that "Esteemed Defence Counsel" used to get the full report and that was that CSP found a copy I believe at 4JX and so had it in their possession and so he claimed that due to this situation he was entitled to the report as well.

It was remembering this that had me wondering if MT had gotten her copy from either previously digitising FD copy or perhaps taking it from "esteemed defence counsel' as he had a copy and my guess is he didn't follow Judge Hermans guideline of hard copy only so perhaps he digitised it? Or, I guess she or Mama Troconis could have simply screen shot the report and that was what was on MT computer? Perhaps we will learn more at the Contempt Hearing.

I don't recall which argument Judge Blawie was persuaded by to give the report to "Esteemed Defence Counsel" but I think it was the argument that CSP had a copy that won the day.

We really should get a copy of this order to see if its explained any more clearly there as we keep talking about it and honestly deferring imo to the SA on motions has proven to not be a best practice as "Esteemed Defence Counsel" is typically their source for these pretrial motions ime.

Yes, "esteemed defence counsel' did sue the Court Reporter and lost.

MOO

I just had a thought, maybe this has come up before and I missed it. I wonder if the original plan for FD and KM was to make it look like JD and KM's wife disappeared together. JD and KM's wife may have been friends because there was the name Kent in in the preview of one of her blog posts that was never archived. This is the preview

Getting to know me
January 15, 2012

Last night we went out with some friends from here who we’ve gotten to know first through Fotis’s business. An extremely kind, upstanding couple, we just really admire and like them. I really like the wife, and she has read the blog and last night, even though I normally love to hear Fotis and Kent [...]

I just had a thought, maybe this has come up before and I missed it. I wonder if the original plan for FD and KM was to make it look like JD and KM's wife disappeared together. JD and KM's wife may have been friends because there was the name Kent in in the preview of one of her blog posts that was never archived. This is the preview

Getting to know me
January 15, 2012

Last night we went out with some friends from here who we’ve gotten to know first through Fotis’s business. An extremely kind, upstanding couple, we just really admire and like them. I really like the wife, and she has read the blog and last night, even though I normally love to hear Fotis and Kent [...]

Not sounding like the same Kent -- per his then wife's attorney who in Jan 2020 described FD as "..not a close family friend..."

ETA: Wait, maybe Kent's first wife-- not sure the second wife was around then?

Last edited:
JS has been unusually quiet. JMO, but I don’t think they are able to get that 6 mil surety bond….whether it be raising the cash or a bond company not willing to take it on.
He also might have been terminated and they are bringing on someone else to handle the appeal. He sounded unsure of his future the other day in his comments surrounding the 'next steps'.
MOO

He also might have been terminated and they are bringing on someone else to handle the appeal. He sounded unsure of his future the other day in his comments surrounding the 'next steps'.
MOO
Jonny knows what her defense has cost thus far. Checkbook might be kind of thin at this point. He might not want to work for pennies on the dollar.

I doubt there'll be love lost. On either side.

JMO

If Inmate #433612 had, mother to mother, warned JFd, JFd would still be alive.

If Inmate #433612 had rolled on FD, he might still be alive. In prison but alive.

If Inmate #433612 had told what she knew, she might have gotten a sweetheart of a deal, with a soft sentence she might already have satisfied.

Unless someone shores up six million dollars, she isn't going to taste a minute of freedom until her contempt hearing in a few weeks followed by sentencing in a few months. Fun, fun calendar.

Reality just caught up to her. Wonder if it sounds like a prison door slamming shut.

I don't mind if it does.

JMO

At sentencing, will Inmate #433612 stumble over her rosary beads and speak? Will someone convince her to look like she's sorry and plead for mercy? Errrrrmmmmmm, I for one don't want to hear it, but for the sake of her soul, I hope she stumbles over true remorse before she breathes her last. No fakery, only sincerity. But I am not holding my breath.
I have to wonder how the weekend in jail fared for her. I am sure her only emotion is feeling sorry for herself. She is going to blame her predicament on her lawyer, the witnesses, the jury, JF, and anyone else. I guess lying has served her well during her life. I hope she can eventually connect the dots that are between actions and consequence!

GF and Weinstein should immediately file a civil suit against MT seeking compensation for the loss of JFD on behalf of her children and mother. If MT can make $6M bail some of those resources should be directed to the Dulos family.
Especially since MT benefited from and helped burn through all the cash that should have rightfully been theirs, leaving FD virtually penniless at the time of his cowardly death with nothing but perhaps some legos and a watch for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member