GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO

I am in tears.

So much love, so much hurt.

And Jennifer is gone forever.

Many if us have been on the thread for all the years. We've voiced our own anger, tried to solve it, been reverent and irreverent, frustrated, impassioned. It's just so very real today. So much loss.

This image of Jennifer's powerful but gentle force in the world and how all these beautiful women formed a circle around Jennifer's children. Half dozen of them trying together to be what one was, all on her own.

I don't want to hear from anyone on the Defense's side of the room. Maximum sentence. If there is any humanity in her at all, a letter. Sent to LE, laying out what she she knows, what she thinks, what she withheld.

She and FD already murdered Jennifer. She can't kill her spirit.

MOO

5/31/24

Before the sentencing, the court vacated one count of conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence.

“Now this court finds that there can be a conviction on only one count of conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence because each incident of tampering follows only one unlawful agreement,” Judge Kevin Randolph said during the sentencing hearing.

The prosecution then asked for permission to appeal the court’s ruling and it was granted.

The charges​

She was found guilty of the following charges:

• Count 1: Conspiracy to commit murder
  • Count 2: Conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence (May 24, 2019 events)
  • Count 3: Tampering with physical evidence (May 24, 2019 events)
  • Count 4: Conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence (May 29, 2019 events) - this conviction was vacated.
  • Count 5: Tampering with physical evidence (May 29, 2019 events)
  • Count 6: Second-degree hindering prosecution
Thank you for updating the media thread

I can't believe the looks on their faces.
Unreal!
They are all simply sitting there like ROCKS.

Mama Troconis is actually looking irritated by it all and bothered about even having to listen to any of it.

I simply don't think its possible to understand ANY of this family as its simply incomprehensible.

MOO

Tears streaming down my face for the children, family and loved ones. Oh my, the insanity of it all. Wonderful testaments to a a woman well loved.
I hope the grifter prisoner is shaken to the degree she is able to be shaken.
And I hope the verdict shakes her even further.
JMO
I cried multiple times and kept having to take my glasses off. Everyone spoke beautifully and powerfully.

I don't know that words can express the range of emotions adequately to describe listening to the family and friends that loved and cared for JFD. Simply impossible imo.

To see such a group of people rally around GF and the 5 Dulos children in such a loving, caring, tactile and real manner for years and all while they had families and lives of their own is something that is beyond beautiful and encouraging in a world where such actions are sadly not the norm.

Involuntary tears were the only reaction possible listening to this all. But the tears were combined with continued anger at the life choices and deliberately cruel behaviour of MT (and FD) for many many years against JF. As CL pointed out, it wasn't enough to torment and torture JFD in her lifetime, she had to continue to do it even after she participated in her murder. The social media comments of MT and her family along with the ongoing reference to and display of the discredited Herman report were unnecessary and deliberately cruel and yet she continued on and on and on, as did her entire family.

I realise the Judge has broad discretion in sentencing and I pray he exercises it in this case as MT only ever cared about herself, showed zero remorse and believed herself to be above the law always. Her extensive list of lies delayed an investigation in the early days and protected FD even though he was not worthy of her protection. Its quite simply a miracle in many respects that a trial of MT happened and I pray Judge Randolph delivers justice to the tragically impacted family and friends.

MOO

They are all simply sitting there like ROCKS.

Mama Troconis is actually looking irritated by it all and bothered about even having to listen to any of it.

I simply don't think its possible to understand ANY of this family as its simply incomprehensible.

MOO
Most of them are irritated. And Mamma T. looks them up and down. Remember she called the Pros flat but and penguin?

Carrie Luft....

Opened with words written by Jennifer, profound....

Supported each other artistically, emotionally, unconditionally....

Depraved, planned, brutal murder....

Her bloody clothes in garbage bags....

Details we don't know swim in my mind every day....

A group of us, Jennifer's friends, have created a safe, loving facility for Jennifer's family....

Empathy, kindness, humor, respect for their individuality....

Jennifer was an intensely private person.... I am committed to being a voice for her....

Jennifer was fearful of FD, he became more violent after MT entered the picture....

Acts of aggression toward Jennifer.... MT was trying to replace her....

MT conspired, participated... delayed arrests.... perpetuating the idea that Jennifer abandoned her children...

The most conscientious person I've ever known, loved her children more than anything.

Defendant's refusal to reveal information about Jennifer location is sustained cruelty...

Murdering Jennifer is not enough, MT has continued to disparage Jennifer...

MT continues.... the report... "Jennifer was sick"....

She wanted to erase and replace Jennifer.... she believes the rules don't apply.

She is cunning....

Tore Jennifer from her children and they from their mother.

Carrie ends with another beautiful quote from Jennifer, a dream of motherhood. "She has brown eyes, like mine".
I love that Carrie mentioned how MT was disrespectful of Jennifer even at her trial. Carrie pointed out the incident when MT posted that disallowed medical report on her computer screen in large font for people in the courtroom to see. She also said that MT, when in the courtroom hall, said out loud (in English) that Jennifer was sick and mentioned a diagnosis.

She reinforced that MT has no shame.

One thing that also touched me from Carrie's victim statement was that she found it very frustrating that none of the concerns that Jennifer had confided in her about Michelle trying to take over her life were allowed to be admitted as evidence since they were considered hearsay. Carrie was devastated that she couldn't help her friend more during the trial.

I love that Carrie mentioned how MT was disrespectful of Jennifer even at her trial. Carrie pointed out the incident when MT posted that disallowed medical report on her computer screen in large font for people in the courtroom to see. She also said that MT, when in the courtroom hall, said out loud (in English) that Jennifer was sick and mentioned a diagnosis.

She reinforced that MT has no shame.

One thing that also touched me from Carrie's victim statement was that she found it very frustrating that none of the concerns that Jennifer had confided in her about Michelle trying to take over her life were allowed to be admitted as evidence since they were considered hearsay. Carrie was devastated that she couldn't help her friend more during the trial.
So well said! Kudos.

I agree that CL articulated the great difficulty in achieving justice and I applaud her sentiment as she no doubt felt hamstrung to use anything she knew to help achieve justice for her murdered friend. Her pain was obvious about the process, as was her anger at the role of MT in the murder.

MOO

Quote of the day from the State -- all the people who will speak on her behalf? They weren't in her way. Only Jennifer was in her way

This is a standing ovation speech

MOO

@MarissaAlter

Michelle Manning: We've only heard from Jennifer's family and friends for a few minutes, but it's clear the impact she had on them.

Manning: It's clear Jennifer Dulos cannot be erased even though the defendant tried. Remember how she referred to Jennifer Dulos, "As a who should be buried next to the dog.”

Manning: These children were ages 13, 10 and 8 when they lost their mother.

Manning: Troconis made a decision to inflict unimaginable pain on those kids. And there is no closure in sight because we still don't know the location of Jennifer's body. Make no mistake, we will never stop looking.

Manning: All those lies, all those lies she perpetuated with police. It's the motive, Your Honor, the facts that came out at trial and the contempt the defendant has shown that warrants a long sentence.

Manning: In order for Michelle Troconis to get everything she wanted--to replace Jennifer--Jennifer had to die. The defendant thought she could build her life on Jennifer's death.

Manning: She moved in Jennifer's home--paid for by Jennifer's family--and worked at the Fore Group, a business financed by Jennifer's family. The defendant's selfishness has no bounds.

Manning: The defendant did more than just agree to commit this act, she assisted in it and then covered it up. It is heinous and callous.

Manning says Troconis is being sentenced for her crimes, not for Fotis Dulos'. Had he survived and gone to trial, he would've been looking at a lot more time than 45 years as Troconis is.

Manning: I think about what Jennifer felt while she was dying. We don't know. But we do know what the defendant thought. The next day she got her hair done and laughed with her stylist. All the while, five children were scared and suffering.

Manning: The defendant has never accepted responsilbity for his actions. It was five years ago TODAY that the defendant first became aware police were closing in. And she made a conscious choice not to cooperate and instead lie, misdirect and manipulate.

Manning says she read the letters written to the court about the defendant in support of her. "None of these people ever stood in the way of something she wanted. That was only Jennifer. Jennifer is the only person who stood in her way. And look what happened.”

Manning talks about the contempt Troconis has shown for the legal process and points to the contempt of court charge she received during the trial.

Manning: Troconis has disparaged the victim since her disappearance. The state requests she get the maximum. She gave Jennifer a death sentence so we're asking the court to give her a life sentence.

Manning: The defendant has never let Jennifer rest. Hopefully with this sentence, the court does.

The state finishes. Attorney Jon Schoenhorn begins. He notes there are 44 people here from all over the world who are here in support of Troconis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95