Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent observation! I had never considered an air compressor, which can serve a multitude of functions.

Thanks! I’m glad I finally figured out what has been in the back of my mind about that banging! You are so right: air compressors can be used to do many things and fairly quickly—but not without those characteristic sounds when they kick on/off as far as I know. That sound echoes in a quiet place at night from my own experience.

Fore Group purchased 61 Sturbridge Hill on 7/18/17.
Demolition permit was issued 11/02/2017.
Building permit for new structure issued 4/03/2018.
Permit diagram of new home includes 270 ft2 unfinished basement. This suggests a new foundation, it would be very surprising in this market and scale of new construction to use an existing foundation.

Oh, gosh, no, it’s not feasible to reuse a foundation and it would never meet the inspection requirements with required materials testing. If they were excavating a new basement around the same spot, they wouldn’t need to fill in the hole and would just excavate further for clean edges. They only fill in old basements if the new site is away from that first location—and it’s never a good idea and probably illegal in some places to fill an old basement with construction debris due to consolidation and possible leaching as materials degrade but it’s done sometimes because buying clean fill to fill a basement-size hole is expensive as is paying to dispose of construction debris. So, as you note, very doubtful in this case.

Fore Group purchased 61 Sturbridge Hill on 7/18/17.
Demolition permit was issued 11/02/2017.
Building permit for new structure issued 4/03/2018.
Permit diagram of new home includes 270 ft2 unfinished basement. This suggests a new foundation, it would be very surprising in this market and scale of new construction to use an existing foundation.

I missed the part on the well. Sometimes they do overdrill an existing well (make it bigger and put in new casings, etc.) if it’s in a good spot for the new house but the well drillers have to go through the cleaning process and they have to do pump tests, etc. to see if that source will have the capacity. Especially if it’s not ancient and if there were no problems reported, the original location is a good possibility since it’s been producing water. They sometimes do that if it’s feasible also because otherwise the original well has to be abandoned properly, which is not that cheap, either. I don’t think this would affect the JD case regardless but MOO.

Building permits typically require a site assessment be made on properties with wells and most states require a licensed well driller to decommission a well. Even if FD had access to an abandoned well I highly doubt it was not decommissioned. In addition to that, drilled wells have casing that's only 6 to 12 inches in diameter.

Sorry I missed this and thus bored you all with more on wells! :(

I just remembered this...about 25 years ago, this poor woman was killed in a nearby state and her killer cut her up that night, put pieces in different trash bags, and drove up 75 and dropped off a bag here and a bag there in the woods, culverts and drainage pipes, and ditches, etc. in the country. I don’t think FD had enough time for that because JD’s disappearance was found too quickly but that guy did all that in a night.

This motion is not impressive; it looks like NP pulled it from a criminal defense form book, inserted basic facts of the case, and added a few florid touches. It obviously avoids a discussion of what was contained in those videos, which tells me there is damning evidence in them.

Its logic is also flawed. If FD murdered his wife, he had to be aware that his actions would be the subject of a LE investigation. What NP is dancing around is the "serious physical assault" that was discovered in the garage. This assault caused FD's efforts to destroy evidence.

I think this motion is fishing expedition. NP is hoping the state will reveal its theory of the case in responding to it. He is trying to find out what evidence the state knows.

Thanks to you and others here who tell those of us like me what documents like this mean and the implications. I appreciate it.

Yes, FD is a US citizen and we learned this when he had to surrender his US passport in Family Court. Many at the time we learned this questioned why Family Court didn't demand surrender of all passports. We later learned that FD has passport from Greece and potentially one from Turkey although testimony on this point was unclear in Family Court. FD as you mentioned was born in Turkey and by all accounts immigrated to Greece along with his family as a child. We do not know if the family were political or religious refugees or how they qualified for Greek citizenship.

MT citizenship is a bit of a question and is unknown. The arrest warrant simply states Born in TN. But to get US citizenship the general view was that she would have had to file paperwork for citizenship in the US and its not clear this ever happened. It appears the family went back to Venezuela shortly after her birth and she received all her schooling in that country. If anyone has any confirmation on citizenship status please post to close out this question!

JD US citizen.

Thank you very much for this info. That is interesting about MT.

This motion is not impressive; it looks like NP pulled it from a criminal defense form book, inserted basic facts of the case, and added a few florid touches. It obviously avoids a discussion of what was contained in those videos, which tells me there is damning evidence in them.

Its logic is also flawed. If FD murdered his wife, he had to be aware that his actions would be the subject of a LE investigation. What NP is dancing around is the "serious physical assault" that was discovered in the garage. This assault caused FD's efforts to destroy evidence.

I think this motion is fishing expedition. NP is hoping the state will reveal its theory of the case in responding to it. He is trying to find out what evidence the state knows.

EXACTLY.

IMO, NP is definitely fishing.

If FD did not know his actions would be subject, then Why did he go on the 'Trash Bin Odyssey of Stupidity Date Night'?

If he had no concern that LE would come looking for him, then why not just hang on to all those trash bags and dispose of them properly?

If FD had no concern, then why did he clean up the crime scene?

If FD had no concern, then why alter vehicle plates?

If FD had no concern, then why IMO, set up EE?

etc, etc, etc.

Oh, I know why!

Because FD thought he was Too smart to get caught.

That is why he was not 'aware' that they would come looking for him.

Ummm.....I think he left out the word allegedly?!? ;-)

If they drop the charges, there is something very wrong with our judicial system. How can it be okay that a man is videotaped dumping 30 bags of trash that contain his missing wife’s blood??? Especially with legal documentation showing a history of an extremely volatile marriage, divorce and custody issues.

Not surprising at all. I think we all want LE to show it's hand. It needs more than the tampering with evidence charge. Time to put up.
The state is under no obligation to "show its hand", nor can I think of a reason for it to do so. IMO what everyone wants is for this crime to be solved and for the person responsible to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Solving this (and any murder, actually) requires time, skill, and many, many hours of dogged investigation. There is no reason to rush anything at all.

In fact, there is no statute of limitations on first degree murder prosecutions in most states, which means such prosecutions can be brought at ANY time after the crime. (Look no further than the Golden State Killer for an example of this fact). Even if FD went to trial for evidence tampering/obstruction of justice and was acquitted, the state could later prosecute him for this murder. He does not get to demand a speedy trial or arrest for uncharged conduct and NP surely knows that. His "put up or shut up" demands are just part of his reality TV performance; NP has no legal basis to demand that his client be charged or exonerated.

As much as all of us see FD charged with murder, what is far more important is that the guilty party be convicted of this horrendous crime. If that means they we have to wait for an announcement that FD has been charged with murder, so be it. The very worst thing would be for him to escape responsibility for his crimes; that would be the ultimate injustice! IMO time is on the side of LE here, and it should use that time to its fullest advantage.

Ummm.....I think he left out the word allegedly?!? ;-)

So impressed with WS...nothing gets by WS! Not just spelling mistakes, which can change the meaning of a sentence, but words, the way the sentences is constructed and even evidence WS discovers! If only WSpeople could be the prosecution....a win every time.

I do not want to see him released in any way, keep the monitor on him. As soon as he can he will be gone to Greece...without the children.

snipped
JFD,a mother of five, was reported missing two months ago to New Canaan police amid a bitter divorce with her estranged husband, FD. As police quietly continue their investigation, officials and court documents have shed some light on the disappearance, but questions remain.
Police officials have offered no update this week on the status of the case, other than to say a number of investigators remain dedicated to finding JFD.
Criminal cases continue against FD and his girlfriend, MT, but it is unclear if more serious charges in the disappearance will be filed, or if they will ever find the New Canaan mother. JFD moved out of the Farmington home she shared with FD in 2017.

Custody of the children remains in the balance, but it is up to a family court judge in Stamford if FD can remain in the picture, or if they will stay with JFDs’ mother, GF.

Jennifer Farber Dulos has been missing for two months. Here’s what we know, and what we don’t, about the search for the mother of five.

glad to see they are staying on the story - updated the media thread. Where is JFD?

Fotis Vs Fotis
The Judge ruled on and sealed some motions

2019 C DOCUMENT SEALED
newred.gif

RESULT: Order 7/25/2019 HON DONNA HELLER
524.01 07/25/2019 C ORDER
newred.gif

524.02 07/25/2019 C MEMORANDUM OF DECISION ON MOTION
newred.gif

Redacted version of 524.00