Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish it would not take so long to come to the conclusion that DV is going on.

It should be very evident, especially if it’s textbook. There needs to be more education. Can this be changed/improved?

IMO, women do everything they can to “cry for help.” And this case proves there doesn’t have to be a history of physical assaults for something dangerous to happen down the line. Most abusers eventually get physical.
100%!

From State of CT Website:
WHAT IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE?
Under Connecticut law, family violence (a.k.a. domestic violence) is defined as an incident between family or household members that either results in a physical injury or causes fear that a physical injury is going to happen. Verbal abuse by itself is not considered family violence. For verbal abuse to be considered family violence there must be imminent danger and that physical violence will likely occur. Discipline of children by their parents or guardians is not family violence unless the child is abused. Although there is no separate crime of family violence, certain crimes (for example, assault, kidnapping, and sexual assault) can be charged as a family violence offense. A criminal charge that includes family violence in the charge may be a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the circumstances of the case.

For more information on Connecticut Laws and resources, see the Connecticut Judicial Branch Law Libraries website on “Connecticut Law About Domestic Violence”

HOW TO GET HELP
In Connecticut, there is a statewide network of domestic violence programs that can be reached by calling the statewide domestic violence hotline, 1-888-774-2900 (English); 1-844-831-9200 (Spanish). The programs provide shelter for victims of domestic violence, as well as counseling and other supportive services. Shelter is usually limited to female victims and their children; however, male victims are offered other support services and assistance in locating a safe place to stay. In addition, there is a National Domestic Violence Hotline (1-800-799-7233), which provides domestic violence crisis intervention and referrals to domestic violence service providers throughout the United States.

Here are some CT links:
CCADV :: Home
State of Connecticut, Connecticut
Domestic Violence/Partner Abuse – United Way of Connecticut – 211 and eLibrary

Agree with you. Given what appears to be the 'character' of MT the risk you identify in the quote I bolded above has been one of my major concerns with the State dealing with her in this case.

From the MT behavior since the missing date as documented in the arrest warrant to the later news that when the arrest warrant was served on 4JX that MT was sitting at the computer erasing files, IMO this was not a woman interested in helping find JD and I sincerely believe she has zero interest in assisting the States case against FD.

I think I became particularly concerned about MT overall character issues when I started to read the case file in her mothers litigation for Medicare Fraud as it became clear to me what kind of people the Arrezza/Troconis family are and what lengths they will go to save their own skin while not helping others or doing the right thing. Doing the right thing is simply not in their DNA IMO. We didn't see it from the mother and I simply think its the way the children in the family were raised.

I very much hope that the State does not fall for limited testimony or half truths or partial truths and is satisfied with nothing less than the entire truth of what MT knows. I hope also that if there is any shred of doubt as to the level of cooperation from MT by the State that any deal is immediately removed and she is simply sent to trial by jury and if found guilty goes to prison on the existing charges. If MT directly participated in any way in the murder or disappearance of JD then I hope the State does not make a deal with her and I hope she is tried by jury and her fate decided.

Its been awhile since such an unsympathic and morally reprehesible character has entered the scene but IMO MT is one for the record books!

ITA....!

Hopefully time will tell, but at this point I think MT is as culpable and as sleazy as FD. And, if anyone had connections to help FD find someone to "disappear" JD, IMO, MT and her family/friends probably have access to some characters who handle problems outside of the law. I marvel at the ingenious manner in which MT's mother's law firm moved into mom's business office and hired part of her staff for the legal firm to avoid the feds from having access to the former employees investigating her for Medicaid fraud.

Wasn't it this past Easter when FD was irate at the judge and JD because the Dulos children didn't attend an Easter gathering comprised of MT's family and FD's family and friends (A small, inexpensive gathering for 45...;)). FD loudly complained that his kids "just wouldn't have Easter." This was about a month before JD disappeared and FD was irate with her and the courts again. JD and the problems she was causing for FD were certainly a topic of discussion for part of the "celebration," I would surmise. IMO, someone might have known someone to help FD out of his dilemma with his future ex. That was approximately a month before JD's disappearance.

The house of cards that FD had constructed and was living in was surely about to fall apart. Financially and emotionally he was desperate.

P.S. I can't find the reference to MT deleting files when LE arrived to arrest them. Do you have a link? IMO, that is quite damning.

Juvenile, perhaps. But quite fitting. Pattis Piddle?!

Love it!

On a disgustingly different note, he also defended a man here in our area who threw his 7 month old son to his death off a 90 foot bridge. On his blog he writes how individuals such as these deserve to be defended too...

ITA....!

P.S. I can't find the reference to MT deleting files when LE arrived to arrest them. Do you have a link? IMO, that is quite damning.

Yes that episode where MT let her fingers do the walking on the computer keyboard to delete files is an 'oldie but a goodie'. I will post the MSM link as I believe it was in either thread 1 or 2. But when I get to a computer I will repost here.

Yes that episode where MT let her fingers do the walking on the computer keyboard to delete files is an 'oldie but a goodie'. I will post the MSM link as I believe it was in either thread 1 or 2. But when I get to a computer I will repost here.
Many thanks...Thought it was before this disappearance caught my attention.

At one time I thought MT was returning a purse left behind to a friend around that time . Now she’s at a store. Then later she’s on Albany ave. She sure gets around. I think he wants to confuse potential jury pool to cast doubt.
I agree! In fact, I think this is exactly what FD planned to do when he was planning the murder. Do and say things that would cause confusion and therefore possible doubt in just one juror’s mind. He is truly diabolical.

100%!

From State of CT Website:
WHAT IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE?
Under Connecticut law, family violence (a.k.a. domestic violence) is defined as an incident between family or household members that either results in a physical injury or causes fear that a physical injury is going to happen. Verbal abuse by itself is not considered family violence. For verbal abuse to be considered family violence there must be imminent danger and that physical violence will likely occur. Discipline of children by their parents or guardians is not family violence unless the child is abused. Although there is no separate crime of family violence, certain crimes (for example, assault, kidnapping, and sexual assault) can be charged as a family violence offense. A criminal charge that includes family violence in the charge may be a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the circumstances of the case.

For more information on Connecticut Laws and resources, see the Connecticut Judicial Branch Law Libraries website on “Connecticut Law About Domestic Violence”

HOW TO GET HELP
In Connecticut, there is a statewide network of domestic violence programs that can be reached by calling the statewide domestic violence hotline, 1-888-774-2900 (English); 1-844-831-9200 (Spanish). The programs provide shelter for victims of domestic violence, as well as counseling and other supportive services. Shelter is usually limited to female victims and their children; however, male victims are offered other support services and assistance in locating a safe place to stay. In addition, there is a National Domestic Violence Hotline (1-800-799-7233), which provides domestic violence crisis intervention and referrals to domestic violence service providers throughout the United States.

Here are some CT links:
CCADV :: Home
State of Connecticut, Connecticut
Domestic Violence/Partner Abuse – United Way of Connecticut – 211 and eLibrary

“Verbal abuse by itself is not considered family violence.”
Wow.

185.00 07/26/2019 P MOTION FOR ORDER
Document.gif
newred.gif

OF EMERGENGY HEARING REGARDING TROCONIS DEPOSITION
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17425945

Smart. In CA a motion for a protective order or to quash might be proper. But faced with the response that the deponent should more properly be compelled to undergo the deposition and then take the fifth for individual questions, I believe GF will win.

This is a smart maneuver on the part of GF because it enables her and her counsel to determine which questions are squirrelly ones for MT. They can try to narrow down what are hot points for her. Although she may try to object to each and every question, GF can push back on that and demand that her right to invoke be determined on a case by case basis.

Also, this allows negative inferences to be made due to her invoking the fifth.

It also shows the public who these scoundrels actually are.

Yes

The thing about all the Pattis Patter is that I believe it to be simply noise rather than fact based conversation.

I don't believe Atty Bowman is in communication with Pattis & Crew and if MT is smart (this is a questionable assumption but I'm going with it for now because I believe her mother is in charge and MT is going to do what it takes legally to minimize her time in prison!) that she is staying in line with the non contact order orchestrated by her atty.

There is no requirement that anything Pattis says outside of court has to be true. He views this freeform conversation about nothingness that has been happening since this case started as part of his aggressive campaign to defend his client FD. We will have to wait for trial to see how effective the campaign has been.

I've been keeping an informal list of Pattis Patter since JD went missing. I'm focusing mainly on his whopper sized fabrications. But other than when Pattis stated the charges that the State had brought against his client thus far, I'm not sure much that is remotely factually correct has been contained in the Pattis Patter IMO.

No Case Norm loves to talk about nothing and with no information and most of all he loves to talk about everyone that is not his client. He must love chatting to the media because there are none of the pesky requirements associated with evidence and procedure that are present in court. Nope. Outside of court No Case Norm is free to talk about whatever and with next to no consequences. No Case Norm believes he has the superpower of casting doubt. Perhaps, but so far as I have seen the only place that doubt is being cast is on his client. IMO the approach so far has appeared highly disorganized and quite unfocused and has principally involved victim shaming of a missing mother of 5. I wish an all female jury on No Case Norm and we shall see how his victim shaming strategy flies!

Oh I'm glad you're keeping a list!!

I wish it would not take so long to come to the conclusion that DV is going on.

It should be very evident, especially if it’s textbook. There needs to be more education. Can this be changed/improved?

IMO, women do everything they can to “cry for help.” And this case proves there doesn’t have to be a history of physical assaults for something dangerous to happen down the line. Most abusers eventually get physical.

There are many people who falsely accuse their exes of domestic violence. Evidence cannot be weighed more heavily in favor of one person merely due to the nature of the allegations.

Here in CA, however, we have a domestic violence investigation which is a case can be referred to a team that reviews all the evidence, talks to the parties without the buffer of counsel, talks to witnesses and children, and looks at criminal histories and family law and dependency court involvement.

It's had some success.

Another vote of concern for the jury situation especially without a body. It’s not just lower income people with chips on their shoulders, but the JD position can be a trigger even for those in her own community, who feel they “worked to get where they are” etc. Also people who have chips about the “government”- I know people who would be in the current jury pool who say, yes, it’s obvious he did it, but will the state be able to prove it? I can already hear it, “the state didn’t do their job, they didn’t prove it beyond a reasonable doubt”.
This is why it’s taking so long. Heller’s recent ruling on the GF custody should be a lesson to us in the payoff of patience- it has to be solid and watertight. Because even then NP will go on attack and appeal, but the satisfaction of having them cover as many bases as possible is worth waiting for.
PS: I think the story is likely to be even more horrifying than we suspect. So hopefully there will be some pieces at least that hit a nerve, and enough of those laid out clearly....one can hope.

It dawned on me the other day that I could potentially be called as a juror on this case. I'd play NP like a fiddle and no, my profile name is not my real name.
I've always wanted to be on jury. Now that I'm self-employed, I'd welcome it. Bring it on NP.

Agree with you. Given what appears to be the 'character' of MT the risk you identify in the quote I bolded above has been one of my major concerns with the State dealing with her in this case.

From the MT behavior since the missing date as documented in the arrest warrant to the later news that when the arrest warrant was served on 4JX that MT was sitting at the computer erasing files, IMO this was not a woman interested in helping find JD and I sincerely believe she has zero interest in assisting the States case against FD.

I think I became particularly concerned about MT overall character issues when I started to read the case file in her mothers litigation for Medicare Fraud as it became clear to me what kind of people the Arrezza/Troconis family are and what lengths they will go to save their own skin while not helping others or doing the right thing. Doing the right thing is simply not in their DNA IMO. We didn't see it from the mother and I simply think its the way the children in the family were raised.

I very much hope that the State does not fall for limited testimony or half truths or partial truths and is satisfied with nothing less than the entire truth of what MT knows. I hope also that if there is any shred of doubt as to the level of cooperation from MT by the State that any deal is immediately removed and she is simply sent to trial by jury and if found guilty goes to prison on the existing charges. If MT directly participated in any way in the murder or disappearance of JD then I hope the State does not make a deal with her and I hope she is tried by jury and her fate decided.

Its been awhile since such an unsympathic and morally reprehesible character has entered the scene but IMO MT is one for the record books!

Wait. MT was caught erasing computer files?! Where in MSM ... it’s just bombshell after bombshell with her.

I would have to go back to the documents to double check the exact timing of each of the various custody arrangements but my recollection is that in 2018 FD did not see his children at all except for 2 months of supervised visitation after Judge Heller ruled that he had engaged the children to lie on his behalf on various issues including MT and her daughter being at 4Jx.

FD was required to go to therapy as he didn't understand why his engaging the children to lie on his behalf was psychologically damaging to the children. It is unclear whether the therapy had any impact on FD or whether he understood the horrible position he was placing his children in by asking them to lie on his behalf.

If I were to put a tag on this period of time I would call it, "FD Knows Best"! FD wanted his children to be in one happy family with MT and her daughter at 4Jx EVEN THOUGH the Family Court said NO.

It was stunning to me that he disregarded the formal court orders on this issue of MT and her daughter. But the more I think about the situation I really wonder why MT and her daughter would choose to be at 4Jx when the Dulos children were there as it was a known violation of court orders?

I have to think that MT knew that she was not to have contact with the Dulos children, but she persisted. Why? MT could have easily left on the weekends when the children were visiting but that doesn't appear to be what happened.

The more I think about all the issues associated with this dynamic the more twisted it becomes! MT as a mother you would think would be sensitive to the issues of Dulos children interaction with her while the divorce battle was ongoing and the custody situation was evolving.

Did we see any sensitivity or caring about the mental well being of the Dulos children from MT? Nope. IMO this is about as unfeeling and uncaring as anything we have seen from FD. MT simply didn't care about the court orders and neither did FD. MT was front and center during the children's visits and Lady of 4JX when the Dulos children came to visit. How confusing and upsetting this must have been for children that had no way of understanding exactly what was happening.

It was only after this long period of time with no visits that the supervised visits were put in place.

I think in one of the prior threads someone summarized the various changes to the custody arrangements. There were more than a few changes to the arrangements over time but I don't recall a period of what I would consider the standard dropping off/picking up children at pre established times and with a standard schdule as FD was unable to follow any standard schedule. For a period of time FD was not allowed to speak to his children on the phone and then he had phone rights with the children but they had to be supervised. Then there was the issue of speaking Greek as supposedly this was used to circumvent the supervisors understanding what was being said. So then the court had to intervene to prohibit speaking any languages that the supervisor didn't understand.

We also saw the issue early in the divorce case where FD had weekend children's visit and instead took off to CA for some event/party and left the children with his sister (not court approved caretaker) without telling JD or the GAL. The sister took the children to the ski pond and one of them got lost for a period of time and JD only found out about the situation after the fact.

In short, the custody situation with FD truly sounded horrific as there seemed to be an inability of his part to follow instructions and rules and comply with basic scheduling protocols and the behavior of FD and MT during the divorce period was consistently defiant of any/all court orders.
It was truly a horrific situation in every way. X5 children. Jennifer's last years must have been hell.

Last edited:
Casey Anthony had a death qualified jury and many people believe that was the State's first mistake. Jury selection is an art and often, the State does an absolutely miserable job of it (through no fault of its own). Defense counsel, on the other hand, spends lots and lots of time on this aspect of the trial. The jury selection experts in Anthony, and there were more than one, were truly some of the best in the country.

I am not worried about the forensics here and or the lack of a body. I believe that, from the beginning, LE knew it had a murder on its hands and acted accordingly. That belief leads me to the conclusion that this investigation has been tightly and professionally conducted.

I am not worried FP's expertise. He has made a LOT of stupid mistakes, like the way he has handled his own PR. Is she a Gone Girl? Has she somehow committed a "revenge suicide" and managed to remove (AND HIDE) her own body in the woods? Does he FD have an alibi or not? Is his client even worried that the mother of his children has been missing for two months? His narrative is a mess. His pleadings are competent, but not outstanding.

What does worry me is that FP will reach out to other experienced lawyers from the national legal community. This is precisely what happened in the Anthony case. Baez himself was no powerhouse-he did not even have the experience to try the case without co-counsel- but he was very shrewd. Behind the scenes, he solicited some of the best lawyers in the state, a PR team, multiple jury selection experts, mitigations specialists, psychologists and much, much, more. And all of them worked FOR FREE! The State was way outgunned.

As I watch NP, it appears to me that he is really, really loving the spotlight. He views this case as his opportunity to make a national name for himself. While NP may be known in the area, his reputation is regional. He is not going to let go of this claim to greater fame, and will be looking for help wherever he can get it. My concern is that others will come to his "rescue" and the fight will no longer be fair. McKenna is the best indication this may be happening.

Conventional wisdom is that the State has more resources than the accused; this is usually true. In high profile cases, though, the opposite is often the case. State prosecutors are often overworked, with a grueling caseload. Their offices also have limited budgets, as do the small LE agencies investigating this crime. If the feds could somehow be involved, it would set my mind at ease. They spend whatever amount of money is necessary to get the job done ,and their prosecutors/staff are the very best of the best.

Don't get me wrong- it sounds like this prosecutor is very respected and experienced. I hope he is able to spend whatever funds are necessary to see the guilty party is brought to justice. Perhaps the financial crimes will give the FBI the opportunity to provide critical resources to the investigation. Of course, the feds can also indict FD if federal financial crimes have occurred. I don't care how it happens, so long as the guilty party is held responsible for taking this mother from her children. I hope that all necessary resources are being expended in this investigation without regard to the financial burdens it imposes.
I think we are going to ultimately find out that the handling of this case from start to finish was/is heroic on the part of LE. I have great faith in this LE group. I think we are going to be blown away when they finally present what they have.

It was truly a horrific situation in every way. X5 children. Jennifer's last years must have been he'll.

It can’t have been easy for JD in any way dealing with FD and trying to protect the kids while knowing what he was capable of better than anyone else. However, I bet she and the kids felt a lot better in the home they moved to without FD than they did in the years living with him. By filing for divorce and moving out, JD lessened the daily quantity of FD’s emotional and presumably other abuse to her and the kids so I imagine—MOO—that on quiet nights when she and the kids were just hanging out together in their house together, having fun and not having to walk on eggshells, they all looked at each other and thought, “This is so nice. It’s going to be OK.” I’m so glad they had those years and so sorry there weren’t more—but JD will prevail and has so far in keeping the kids away from FD’s emotional abuse as much as possible. Talk about a mother’s love and sacrifice. MOO.

It dawned on me the other day that I could potentially be called as a juror on this case. I'd play NP like a fiddle and no, my profile name is not my real name.
I've always wanted to be on jury. Now that I'm self-employed, I'd welcome it. Bring it on NP.
Hope you get your wish! But I don't think No case Norm wants the trial in either Stamford or Hartford and my guess is that he will want to stack the jury deck with mostly males!

Now, if you are saying that you can become Carl Lago for instance then you might have a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678