Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it reported that she left the garage door open? Sorry if I missed that detail.
Radar online article? Quoted a “source.” Not sure if I’m 100% trusting their journalistic integrity...

***Edited to correct the reporting site***

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Police Deem Missing Connecticut Mother Case A 'Homicide'

This mentions the garage door being open.

ETA quote:

“It appears the victim had left the garage door open in her absence after returning home from taking her children to school,” a law enforcement source told Radar. “This is no longer a missing persons investigation. This is now a murder case.”

First time poster- some questions / thoughts
- they both went to Brown University in 1989/90, yet were married in 2004ish. How did this come about? Coincidence? Knew each other and reunited? he was married to someone else briefly
- questions came up on other thread about if JD is Greek. Read her dad’s obit. She is Jewish. Her 5 children all have Greek first names. This is interesting, for a Jewish person to marry a non jew (in Judaism, it’s the mother’s religion that dictates children religion) and also name them according to the tradition of the father- suggests she was “controlled”
- she married late in life. She is jewish but marries a Greek man and agrees to name her children in their tradition. Was she giving up things that are usually important bc she was getting older and wanted to have kids and a family?
- which leads me to - he sounds like was possibly abusive from the start. She had 5 children (3 pregnancies, likely IVF given multiple twins)- was she willing to go along w the abuse for so long out of desire to have family? So sad
- Did he marry her just for money? Her father was a legend in the bond trading business and sold his company to what is now a public company
A lot of this is very confusing to me- why she was with this man in the first place, was her age a factor in giving up core principles, etc. I can see that he’s an attractive man, highly intelligent (on paper, not a genius killer but applied math at Brown and Columbia B school), convincing. People were with each other in this relationship for perhaps not the best reasons.

Aww. I read her father's obit. I'm glad he didn't have to witness her murder, while on this earth. I want to believe she's with her dad now.

Poor lady. She had such a beautiful, hopeful smile.

I doubt he committed arson on the barn, but horses are expensive to keep. I work for someone who has 4 horses and they pay in excess of $2,000/month, per horse. And that doesn’t include riding lessons or trainer for shows-or vet, or farrier. If their barn is anything like “our” barn, it was costing a lot. Since I doubt he was paying for the horse boarding and other expenses, there wasn’t much incentive for him to do this; there was only the time spent at the barn to contend with.
I agree it's unlikely and don't want to beat a dead horse, so to speak (sorry), BUT I do see incentive with this sicko -- getting rid of something JD may hav enjoy doing for the kids (as opposed to water polo); abuse, control, traumatizing event to be used to his own advantage; punishment and revenge on JD in some sense. We are not dealing with a normal person, clearly.

I agree. Too many "accidents" to be coincidence.

I agree it's unlikely and don't want to beat a dead horse, so to speak (sorry), BUT I do see incentive with this sicko -- getting rid of something JD may hav enjoy doing for the kids (as opposed to water polo); abuse, control, traumatizing event to be used to his own advantage; punishment and revenge on JD in some sense. We are not dealing with a normal person, clearly.

I hear what you're saying, but fire investigation is a sophisticated science. The fire has been deemed an accident - I don't think FD could fool fire inspectors, insurance inspectors, etc.

jmopinion

ETA quote:

“It appears the victim had left the garage door open in her absence after returning home from taking her children to school,” a law enforcement source told Radar. “This is no longer a missing persons investigation. This is now a murder case.”
Should that mean "in her absence" AND "after returning home from school"? Because those are two different conditions/states.
And I wonder how they determined that? I know there was a lot of discussion here about the perpetrator perhaps sneaking in and then ambushing her when the door closed.

Has it been reported as to which car the altered plates were assigned? They probably weren't the truck they went to Htfd. in because they were discarded in Htfd. and if so, they would have to have driven back to Farmington with no plates. So, he was discarding plates that he had brought up there in a UPS box.

Actually, which vehicle is sitting without plates at the moment since LE has the plates? That should tell LE something.

It can't be the black pick up truck or the black SUV that was found at Waveny Park. So what vehicle was it and where did he take it and not want anyone to know?
I think one of the articles stated it was an older suburban (not JDs). It isn't that uncommon for people to keep old license plates and some states don't require you to return them if new ones are issued. I have several old ones in my garage, mostly personalized but not all. JMO

ETA quote:

When I first read this I thought that it meant she had backed out to take the kids to school and failed to close it giving him plenty of time to go in and hide and wait until she came back.
Now, I read it as when she came back, she pulled in and got out and went into the house without closing the garage door so that he came in and ambushed her either in the house and dragged her out to the garage or hit her as she was getting back into her car.
I'm not sure what difference it makes except that there may have been more of an interaction between the two in the second scenario. Also, the second scenario allows for the phone contact with the friend.

ETA quote:

Could the garage door being "open" simply mean it was left unlocked?

Seems strange she would leave the garage door completely open. That's unusual for anyone to do, let alone a woman afraid of her husband. And, how does anyone know that anyway?

I'm not putting too much weight on that detail until it's confirmed as true and significant.

jmo

Seems strange she would leave the garage door completely open. That's unusual for anyone to do, let alone a woman afraid of her husband. And, how does anyone know that anyway?

I'm not putting too much weight on that detail until it's confirmed as true and significant.

jmo
IMO they would need to have a witness that saw the door opened, or video footage or this is a detail MT spilled in her 3 hour talk - all speculation of course because we simply don't know yet.

jmo

I accidentally left both of mine open all night long the other night, and it was not the first time.

Maybe she has neighbors that noticed.

Or maybe it refers to a regular door built into the side of the garage.

IMO they would need to have a witness that saw the door opened, or video footage or this is a detail MT spilled in her 3 hour talk - all speculation of course because we simply don't know yet.
If JDs home has a security system, there might’ve been data uploaded to the network from the garage door that was opened. Security systems log these events when the sensors are triggered. Some security systems are more advanced than others.

If JDs home has a security system, there might’ve been data uploaded to the network from the garage door that was opened. Security systems log these events when the sensors are triggered. Some security systems are more advanced than others.
Agreed and if the rental had working cameras that record - I would imagine at least one was pointed towards the driveway IMO. We just don't know for sure. IMO

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt insights. We can only hope these brave children get some protected time to be kids and enjoy life with their grandmother. God bless JD they will know their mother protected them to the end.... this is to "ohfrankie" post.
EBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member