Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next let's move onto storm drains:

There are three storm drains directly in front of the bakery. Two out front on Albany Avenue (first and second pictures), one just around the corner on Adams Street and Albany Avenue (third picture).
Thank you thank you. On to Garden and Albany? Wonder if there are any and if they are similarly accessible?

Next let's move onto storm drains:

There are three storm drains directly in front of the bakery. Two out front on Albany Avenue (first and second pictures), one just around the corner on Adams Street and Albany Avenue (third picture).
I don't know anything about storm drain access. Does anyone know how Hartford PD and Fire might have accessed these drains? Is it as simple as taking off the grate and lowering someone down into the sewer system?

Another confirmation that FD is ducking the State Marshalls! Cannot believe that FD is yet again messing with the legal system in CT! Wonder if LE cannot legally use the monitor to locate him for service in another case?

But I would think a simple phone call to FD parole officer might solve the issue of locating him?

This is turning into a Where's Waldo situation!

https://nypost.com/2019/08/06/fotis...me-so-his-lawyer-could-be-intimate-with-wife/

This article seems to debunk the idea discussed the other night that FD, KM and their partners socialized.

"According to an affidavit, Mawhinney’s wife said Fotis — who she had only met once in 2014 [BBM] — randomly called her in May asking her to consider repairing her marriage, the report said".
This probably belongs on the KW thread, but I am wondering if he was married previously? Jennifer mentions getting together with a couple that they really like in her blog (January 15, 2012) and she references the name "Kent." I am assuming it may be KW...? MOO. I get the feeling that they enjoyed hanging out together. However, it was one of the blog posts that I could only read the introduction of, so there is a lot of missing information.

Another confirmation that FD is ducking the State Marshalls! Cannot believe that FD is yet again messing with the legal system in CT! Wonder if LE cannot legally use the monitor to locate him for service in another case?

But I would think a simple phone call to FD parole officer might solve the issue of locating him?

This is turning into a Where's Waldo situation!

https://nypost.com/2019/08/06/fotis...me-so-his-lawyer-could-be-intimate-with-wife/

This article seems to debunk the idea discussed the other night that FD, KM and their partners socialized.

"According to an affidavit, Mawhinney’s wife said Fotis — who she had only met once in 2014 [BBM] — randomly called her in May asking her to consider repairing her marriage, the report said".
Truly, you could not make this stuff up! In the other article it said she was going to court today. Wonder if the Stamford Advocate will follow up on that?

Interesting point

Great post...he thought he had the old 48 hours before LE got involved.

Maybe Fotis knew the kids would be with GF, brought by the nanny after a half day at school. And maybe he counted on LE waiting 48 hours to search. Perhaps he concluded that Jennifer would be reported missing in the afternoon or evening on Friday. Waiting for LE to search, GF would keep kiddos, at least over night. Fotis could appear as if nothing had happened on Saturday. Instead of calling 911 this time, he could call Jennifer a few times. He could put on his surprised and mistreated dad act for the supervisor, who would be a handy witness. Then call his lawyer to whine about her not complying with the visitation schedule.

I don't know anything about storm drain access. Does anyone know how Hartford PD and Fire might have accessed these drains? Is it as simple as taking off the grate and lowering someone down into the sewer system?
Here’s a good picture:

storm drains albany avenue hartford rescue ducklings

K. That didn’t work. Try this.
5 Ducklings Rescued From Storm Drain In Middletown

Now for where it really gets good:

The first picture is of the convince store/market at Garden Street and Albany Avenue. See the city camera right there at the corner? Look at the curbs in front of the store. Notice the construction cones across the street? Those are about to become very interesting. The second picture is of the block right before the store. See the curbs? See the construction workers? See what one of them is doing? Fiddling around in the spanking brand new storm drain they just put in. This made me think about how tore up Albany Avenue has been for years as they have been working in the direction of the store from the bakery. It also gave me another idea...to look at the storm drains in front of the store and across the street in front of the community health center and gas station, i.e. the sections that have not been re-constructed yet. Low and behold I couldn't find a single storm drain. The only thing I possibly saw (and didn't take a picture of for which I am now kicking myself) was a small opening in the curb where it looked like it had buckled that less than half the size of the other storm drains. It had metal grate affixed to a portion of it...maybe in hopes of stabilizing it so the buckle didn't get worse, not sure??? I mean, even though it didn't look like a stormn drain, it just might have been hidden/unrecognizable enough and just about the size you could fit a FedEx box with license plates through for FD to think it wouldn't be found...save that pesky camera on the corner it was in full view of. Grrrr ...why didn't I take a picture of it???

Attachments

• IMG_20190806_143123477.jpg
    IMG_20190806_143123477.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20190806_143051213_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190806_143051213_HDR.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 26
This probably belongs on the KW thread, but I am wondering if he was married previously? Jennifer mentions getting together with a couple that they really like in her blog (January 15, 2012) and she references the name "Kent." I am assuming it may be KW...? MOO. I get the feeling that they enjoyed hanging out together. However, it was one of the blog posts that I could only read the introduction of, so there is a lot of missing information.
I can't link this but I think they were married in 2001. She had 3 children when they married. Read in her statement she had only met FD once in 2014. I could have this wrong as I know he was married before. My impression is that he had one child from his first marriage. MOO.
If anyone else can weigh in on this I would appreciate it.

Yes, I remember that too but didn't remember the reference to Kent! Good catch. Maybe the couples didn't click so much after the intro of MT to the dynamic? But what was strange today was the STBX of KM saying she had only met FD once before the latest round of phone calls? Maybe the KW relationship was with FD and the couples didn't interact much? IDK

The first picture is of the convince store/market at Garden Street and Albany Avenue. See the city camera right there at the corner? Look at the curbs in front of the store. Notice the construction cones across the street? Those are about to become very interesting. The second picture is of the block right before the store. See the curbs? See the construction workers? See what one of them is doing? Fiddling around in the spanking brand new storm drain they just put in. This made me think about how tore up Albany Avenue has been for years as they have been working in the direction of the store from the bakery. It also gave me another idea...to look at the storm drains in front of the store and across the street in front of the community health center and gas station, i.e. the sections that have not been re-constructed yet. Low and behold I couldn't find a single storm drain. The only thing I possibly saw (and didn't take a picture of for which I am now kicking myself) was a small opening in the curb where it looked like it had buckled that less than half the size of the other storm drains. It had metal grate affixed to a portion of it...maybe in hopes of stabilizing it so the buckle didn't get worse, not sure??? I mean, even though it didn't look like a stormn drain, it just might have been hidden/unrecognizable enough and just about the size you could fit a FedEx box with license plates through for FD to think it wouldn't be found...save that pesky camera on the corner it was in full view of. Grrrr ...why didn't I take a picture of it???
You Are the BEST. Thank you. Wish I could buy you a drink! Or an ice cream!! That helps to confirm my suspicions. I could not see any on google maps at Garden, like I could at Adams. Maybe , just maybe , there were old ones there over 2 months ago, but I’m still betting on the FedEx box being pulled out of the drain at Adams. Something is definitely hinky here. The HC article repeating the ‘bad’ info in the warrant is off IMO
MOO

So it looks like you are saying that what you saw was that there has been some kind of public works project going on along the Albany corridor to install storm drains. The public works people are gradually building storm drains and working their way down Albany in the direction of Garden? So does this mean that the area around Scotts has storm drains already installed?

Wow! It would never have dawned on me that a city the size of Hartford didn't have network of drains. I realize its an older city but its surprising not to see the storm drains. Well I guess the fact that they are slowly making their way down Albany is good news as it means that its easy to figure out where the Fedex package with the plates might have been dumped simply by process of elimination.

So are you saying that you didn't see any of these new storm drains further down Albany near Garden Street except where they are putting them in now?

What did you think the smaller grates that you saw on your trip that you described as being smaller could be?

Thanks for doing this as I don't think this could have been done on google. Be safe though!

You Are the BEST. Thank you. Wish I could buy you a drink! Or an ice cream!! That helps to confirm my suspicions. I could not see any on google maps at Garden, like I could at Adams. Maybe , just maybe , there were old ones there over 2 months ago, but I’m still betting on the FedEx box being pulled out of the drain at Adams. Something is definitely hinky here. The HC article repeating the ‘bad’ info in the warrant is off IMO
MOO
Could they just have done what they did at the request of LE? It could make sense.

The City of Hartford has an interactive property map: Geocortex Viewer for HTML5

I haven't figured out how to read it completely yet but I wonder if you look at the area at Albany/Adams where @thekirbyfamily was and taking pictures whether the rectangles on the maps with the small green circles represent storm drains?

If you travel the map down Albany towards Garden I don't see any of these same sized rectangles near the curb with the green dots except at the corner of Albany and Garden near property number 541 on the map but it doesn't look to be as large as the rectangles with green dots near Adams - so maybe it is old IDK.

See what you think.

I can't tell how old this map setup is but I sent a message off to the webmaster to ask.

But what @thekirbyfamily was describing was a gradual process of adding in storm drains on Albany.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 23.27.09.png Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 23.34.04.png

The first map is near Adams and the second map is near Garden - all on Albany.

TheKirbyFamily is Awesome.

We will not be back in CT for another year and a half and really appreciate the locals.

The pics of the Deercliff Road property today, may not be of the actual 585 home. This may be why several of us are surprised by the picture of a New home.

In my pic below, I have marked 4JC and three Deercliff properties showing their location relating to 4JC.

This arial is a current satellite picture from Googlemaps, which notes an October 2013 date. Please note that in 2013, there is no home on 595 Deercliff.

I have also provided links to the Town of Avon property information in regards to both 585 and 595 Deercliff Road.

According to the Avon Town records, 595 was built in 2016 and according to the building outline, it is the exact shape of the picture of the house you posted earlier.

According to the Avon Town records, 585 is still the house that was built in 1968.

585 cannot be seen from the road and the entrance is very narrow and the property around the house has not been maintained.

585's driveway is directly across from the driveway and mail box of 590.

This would explain why the For Sale listing in MLS is Current for 585 and states that the purchase price would include a new home to be built or you may just buy the property itself in a separate listing.

585 Deercliff Road, Avon, CT 06001 - Listing ID: 170197886

585 Deercliff Owned by Fore Group/Fotis Dulos
http://www.avonassessor.com/cards/2/209058501.pdf

595 Deercliff - IMO is the home in the picture.
http://www.avonassessor.com/cards/2/209059501.pdf

a MOO MOO here and a MOO MOO there

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.24.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.24.25 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
And the best for last:

Remember someone asking about the possibility of their being private garbage service at the site? Directly next to the Spanish restaurant which shares the building with the store are two large trash dumpsters. There is also another trash can that the man with the bike is standing by. It looks a little different from the city ones but I can't really tell. Those "dumpsters" made me think. Going all the way back to the days of Manson and his girls dumpster diving for food...I don't think people call someone looking in a trash can a dumpster diver, doesn't that usually imply someone has climbed inside the dumpster and is moving things about as they dig? I could be wrong here but did LE, the media, or just us here call him a dumpster diver? Remember when we were discussing here why anyone would put a bloody pillow and knife in just a trash can? Or why someone like drug guy would just reach into a garbage can without being able to see what he was grabbing? Maybe that's because the pillow and knife weren't in a trash can but instead in one of these dumpsters. Maybe drug guy wasn't reaching blindly into a trash can but was fully inside the dumpster. Does anyone know if LE, the media, or if it was just us here that used the terms "dumpster diving" or "dumpster diver?" Because if it was said by LE or a quote from them was given to the media,meant I'd be willing to bet it was done to send a message to FD that we know it all...even what you put in the dumpster. Then again and according to Patti's, maybe there wasn't all these stops with bags deposited at various garbage cans, maybe it was just the dumpsters that had it all in them. Or maybe other stops were made as setup/decoy stops. In MOO.

Attachments

• IMG_20190806_144415311_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20190806_144415311_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 63
I'm with you... Can only imagine how many cameras I've photobombed too!

From the media reports I'm confident NCPD/State Police got exactly what they needed. Will not listen to No Case Norm on any of this as he is going to work very hard to create doubt and I wouldn't even be surprised to see some hail mary pass (on what basis I have zero idea) to get the footage excluded. It will be a circus I am sure. But the arrest warrant is quite clear and the entire path of the trip was clearly documented in the arrest warrant too.

Your Albany footage was super helpful! I know that area is quite dicey so thank you for doing it and glad you made it home safely. As you are driving around Hartford as you said you did, someone today asked a question about commercial trash pickup in areas where the City also does trash pickup. I thought it was a good question and one we haven't really talked about much. I wonder if businesses that have alot of trash like stores and restaurants might not be able to wait for once a week pickup so have commerical pick up too? I wonder if the dumpster divers know where the food and other desirable items are left and when they should head over to pick them up.

Do you think its possible that the dumpster diver interviewed by DA might have been going into a dumpster that was private commercial and not one used for pickup by City of Hartford?

Absolutely!!!! Look at my last post/picture...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff