Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I googled loud, banging noises, a lot of articles popped up about metal ductwork in walls being moved. Perhaps her body is in a canister in the walls. I’m sorry that is so grim. I don’t think the dogs searched inside the home of 61 Sturbridge. MOO

Articles stated that LE focused on the dumpster outside the property.

They also requested footage from the neighbor from 19 May on....
My gut has always believed it was the sound of him banging the lid of a metal barrel back on,
like really hammering away to smoosh it on.
...after he put the lye inside.

When I googled loud, banging noises, a lot of articles popped up about metal ductwork in walls being moved. Perhaps her body is in a canister in the walls. I’m sorry that is so grim. I don’t think the dogs searched inside the home of 61 Sturbridge. MOO

Articles stated that LE focused on the dumpster outside the property.

They also requested footage from the neighbor from 19 May on....
I'm trying to remember the timeline on the 25th.

For a loud banging noise I wonder if it could have been a trash bin or oil can being dropped into a pickup? I would find it hard to believe that LE would have released Sturbridge back to FD/FORE if it hadn't gone through the house with a fine comb.

I'm not sure the tech that the State Crime lab has and whether they looked in the walls. The interior of the house looked done and it appeared FD was working outside the house and doing last minute cleaning so the house could be shown. But, if you took out a wall or portion of a wall prior to the 24th, dropped a body in the hole of the 24th and sealed up the wall on the 25th or removed the body and resealed the wall it seems plausible. But would have to go back to the timeline to see if it would fit. But it seems like moving a body into Sturbridge would have left trace evidence that the State Crime lab would have picked up. Otherwise, if State Crime found something they wouldn't have released the house back to FD and it would be a crime scene and not on the market today. I just hope LE ripped the place apart in their investigation.
MOO

Hmmm, I wonder if the property where his mother was hit by the nanny has a 'disclosure' notice on the deed about her dying from a fatal accident there. I know someone who bought a house for virtually 1/2 the going price because someone had been killed there. Most people wouldn't want to buy and live in a place where someone died. The property was hugely devalued, and this person was the only one to make an offer on the place in over 6 months in a really hot property market. Just a thought as to why it hasn't "moved".... MOO

Here's what I'm talking about: this link to NOLO indicates some states require a disclosure for any deaths within X number of years (e.g., in CA it's 3 years). Maybe FD was waiting for some time to go by, and / or it was tied up in the divorce? .... MOO

"What you’re talking about is the issue of “psychological damage” to a property, to be distinguished from “physical damage.” In some cases, the psychological damage is so great—such as after a violent or highly publicized murder or suicide, or widespread reports of haunting—that the house is considered “stigmatized” and therefore less valuable."

"In most states, the owner would indeed be expected to disclose a defect causing the house to be stigmatized, so that buyers could adjust their expectations and purchase price accordingly."

Selling My House: Do I Have to Disclose a Previous Death Here?
As I recall this home is a tear down and FD's
advertising will build to suit on the lot.
And that would explain why it's been neglected.

Hmmm, I wonder if the property where his mother was hit by the nanny has a 'disclosure' notice on the deed about her dying from a fatal accident there. I know someone who bought a house for virtually 1/2 the going price because someone had been killed there. Most people wouldn't want to buy and live in a place where someone died. The property was hugely devalued, and this person was the only one to make an offer on the place in over 6 months in a really hot property market. Just a thought as to why it hasn't "moved".... MOO

Here's what I'm talking about: this link to NOLO indicates some states require a disclosure for any deaths within X number of years (e.g., in CA it's 3 years). Maybe FD was waiting for some time to go by, and / or it was tied up in the divorce? .... MOO

"What you’re talking about is the issue of “psychological damage” to a property, to be distinguished from “physical damage.” In some cases, the psychological damage is so great—such as after a violent or highly publicized murder or suicide, or widespread reports of haunting—that the house is considered “stigmatized” and therefore less valuable."

"In most states, the owner would indeed be expected to disclose a defect causing the house to be stigmatized, so that buyers could adjust their expectations and purchase price accordingly."

Selling My House: Do I Have to Disclose a Previous Death Here?
Interesting. But even though the 'accident' happened at the house, wasn't there a lag time when she was in the hospital and eventually died? She was run over in the driveway but wasn't dead and killed in the driveway. I'm just thinking of the scenario of a mob boss goes to get in their car in the driveway and are gunned down on the spot. The mob boss died on the property but Mrs. Dulos as injured on the property and died elsewhere. Do these rules make a distinction along these lines?

Remember when FD was caught losing his temper with a reporter... there was a friend there with him at the property. Was it KM? I can’t tell. What do you all think? Does KM drive a truck? Posting here as he potentially could be FD’s accomplice. MOO

View attachment 197015
IIRC, someone said upthread that it was his cousin visiting from Greece who was with him when he had his little fit of temper. Maybe he was putting on a show of machismo for his cous. MOO

Interesting. But even though the 'accident' happened at the house, wasn't there a lag time when she was in the hospital and eventually died? She was run over in the driveway but wasn't dead and killed in the driveway. I'm just thinking of the scenario of a mob boss goes to get in their car in the driveway and are gunned down on the spot. The mob boss died on the property but Mrs. Dulos as injured on the property and died elsewhere. Do these rule make a distinction along these lines?
I will see if I can find some further literature on this, but in the case of the person I knew, it was the same type of situation (person suffered a fatal accident / attack at the house, later died at the hospital). It was the fatal aspect occurring on the property (accident / attack) that was reportable on the deed. MOO

No, not KW. KWkwmini.png.

That person is believed to be visiting relative of FD. MOO
Remember when FD was caught losing his temper with a reporter... there was a friend there with him at the property. Was it KM? I can’t tell. What do you all think? Does KM drive a truck? Posting here as he potentially could be FD’s accomplice. MOO

View attachment 197015

I'm trying to remember the timeline on the 25th.

For a loud banging noise I wonder if it could have been a trash bin or oil can being dropped into a pickup? I would find it hard to believe that LE would have released Sturbridge back to FD/FORE if it hadn't gone through the house with a fine comb.

I'm not sure the tech that the State Crime lab has and whether they looked in the walls. The interior of the house looked done and it appeared FD was working outside the house and doing last minute cleaning so the house could be shown. But, if you took out a wall or portion of a wall prior to the 24th, dropped a body in the hole of the 24th and sealed up the wall on the 25th or removed the body and resealed the wall it seems plausible. But would have to go back to the timeline to see if it would fit. But it seems like moving a body into Sturbridge would have left trace evidence that the State Crime lab would have picked up. Otherwise, if State Crime found something they wouldn't have released the house back to FD and it would be a crime scene and not on the market today. I just hope LE ripped the place apart in their investigation.
MOO
I feel like FD hung out there and swept up and there were photos taken of him and a female cousin there almost like he was protecting his hiding place IMO. I remember he got down and looked at the steps and the door jam. It’s almost like he felt protective and wanted to be there just in case. I too wondered why they allowed him to return to it and hoped to goodness gracious they looked at faux walls and things. He is a builder and if he was planning this he could have absolutely IMO prepared a place beforehand. I have a friend who lives in a very large home and they have fake bookshelves, walls and secret rooms that you cannot access unless you have a remote.

I will see if I can find some further literature on this, but in the case of the person I knew, it was the same type of situation (person suffered a fatal accident / attack at the house, later died at the hospital). It was the fatal aspect occurring on the property (accident / attack) that was reportable on the deed. MOO
But he is advertisting the property as a build to suit so if there is some kind of 'taint' to the deed wouldn't it carry to to the new house?

I feel like FD hung out there and swept up and there were photos taken of him and a female cousin there almost like he was protecting his hiding place IMO. I remember he got down and looked at the steps and the door jam. It’s almost like he felt protective and wanted to be there just in case. I too wondered why they allowed him to return to it and hoped to goodness gracious they looked at faux walls and things. He is a builder and if he was planning this he could have absolutely IMO prepared a place beforehand. I have a friend who lives in a very large home and they have fake bookshelves, walls and secret rooms that you cannot access unless you have a remote.
I hear you. Sturbridge would be perfect on so many levels. And absent making an appt with the listing broker and bringing my own sledge hammer to conduct my own investigation I'm not sure we can do much other than to identify the issue and hope that LE has checked it out.

The other alternative is to phone it into the tip line which isn't a bad idea.

But I do remember that the day the State Crime van was there for the second time they were there for 6 hrs. I have no idea what tech they have to look in the walls etc. but there must have been a reason they cleared it.

MOO

We are certainly charting new territory here on WS with this one!

Your pictures are perfect and thanks for sharing! I have the same setup you have which is why I was confused when people initially didn't see how perfect the septic angle would be for disposal purposes. But....

But I think the last time we discussed this someone posted that new houses have these conduits where the septic company hooks their hose up to a connector on the top of the conduit that is above ground. This new process means that the old style way of hunting around the yard to find the septic tank cap/lid is no longer necessary. Someone said that they saw one of these above ground conduits to connect to the septic tank at Sturbridge.

I'm going from memory but I think the next question was do the septic systems have some way to access the tank in the event that repairs are necessary and could someone trying to access the tank have been what created the noise at Sturbridge the morning after the missing date. The answer was yes that most systems have some alternative way to access the tank but without seeing the plans for the design of the system it wouldn't be possible to see how the tank could be accessed. My guess is that the plans had to be filed and approved by the town so they are in NC someplace at Town Hall in the Building Dept. I hope LE checked the tank and excavated as needed.

So, we are full circle trying to figure out what could have caused such a ruckus at Sturbridge to wake the neighbors and result in dogs barking. So far I think the items discussed are: septic tank access, well, dumpster. But then there was the confusion of accounts saying that the noise came from inside the house and then I'm not sure we made much progress other than discussion of metal drums, pickup truck tool bins and maybe a few that I'm not remembering. We will need a database soon to recall all these lines of inquiry as my feeble brain is failing me to recall it all! Need some help recalling this all....
I live in the Midwest (on a farm) and our septic tank has about a 5-6 inch clay pipe that goes from the top of the ground down in to the septic tank - the hole is basically just big enough to put the pump hose down it to pump it out.

Just thought I'd share since there seems to be many different varieties/types of septic tanks/system.

Civil Case Update (doing the best that I can to summarize but if you see an error please just post the correction):
-Judge denied Plantiff request for entry of default which was filed after FD failed to show up for recent deposition (second time deposition has been missed)
-Judge ordered Defendant Dulos to show up for deposition w/i 45 days of order date of 7/23/19 [so by 9/6/19 FD must be deposed]

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17404661

Civil Case:
-4Jx $500,000 secured promissory note and agreement indicating interest of 3% and monthy payments of $1,250 from 8/1/12 - 7/1/17 (maturity date with unpaid principal and any accrued interest due and payable). FD did not make the 7/1/17 payment. It appears there is a mortgage on the property to secure the loan [see section 10 of below document].

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=13921182

Attachments

• Civil suit agmt.pdf
    319.1 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads